• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Friendlies today

Status
Not open for further replies.
i gave up on this game in the first half, instead im trying to spot all the transexual backing dancers in the eurovision, so far im on 8, 10 if you can count presenters

it's the same old same old for carroll . England aren't doing much going forward and he doesn't have the attributes to play himself into the game or get too involved in the build up play bar the odd flick on etc . When they do get forward and wide it's piss slow at coming in and he's just standing static in the box waiting . Crosses are then usually cleared by the 1st man .
Guess that's the issue with carroll , he really needs those around him to provide for him or he offers very little . England like us most the time don't seem to know how to do this .

5 liverpool players have now played in this game for england ...no wonder they're so shite !!!

Wow, this was shite. I said when Woy got appointed that England wont get past the group stages, and with performances like this you wont.

Carroll was good, shame Englands attacking play was abmysal. He was in several good positions but the crossing and final ball was shite.

Jones, Walcott and Downing shouldnt be in there.
Dont get the hype with Jones and Walcott looked like when you're playing FIFA and try to do moves, passes and shot while holding the sprint button in for dare life. God how utter crap.

Hodgsons tactics were crap, but thats not new. France will murder this team.

Wow, this was shite. I said when Woy got appointed that England wont get past the group stages, and with performances like this you wont.

Carroll was good, shame Englands attacking play was abmysal. He was in several good positions but the crossing and final ball was shite.

Jones, Walcott and Downing shouldnt be in there.
Dont get the hype with Jones and Walcott looked like when you're playing FIFA and try to do moves, passes and shot while holding the sprint button in for dare life. God how utter crap.

Hodgsons tactics were crap, but thats not new. France will murder this team.
The swiss beat the germans, therefore the germans will bomb out of the group stage.

Gerrard was pretty poor and he was shitting himself when he made that tackle because for a brief moment he thought he might have been in danger of missing the European Championships. We really need to build a side next season aiming with Gerrard playing about 10-15 games and helping the youngsters develop their game, the legend that he is. Jones was sub-standard against a bunch of Irish part-timers last week so it didn't surprise me how he performed tonight. Walcott was just....erm Walcott. I thought England's best players were Green, Jagielka and Carroll, and two of them will be no where near the England first-team during the tournament.

Ireland undefeated in 13 games, and have conceded only 3 goals in the process. That’s impressive.

We have no superstars, and we play risk-free, unimaginative football, but we’ve got a wonderful manager. He has got a system going that we’re comfortable with, we are extremely hard to beat, and we go into this tournament as confident as anyone.

We're good for a win, a draw and a loss -scraping through on gd. I think we may beat the italians!

Impressive form and Trapp is a fantastic manager. But the Irish squad? Deary me.

Makes the results even more impressive. With this form there will be some surprises in the Euros.

Ireland undefeated in 13 games, and have conceded only 3 goals in the process. That’s impressive.

We have no superstars, and we play risk-free, unimaginative football, but we’ve got a wonderful manager. He has got a system going that we’re comfortable with, we are extremely hard to beat, and we go into this tournament as confident as anyone.

That is VERY harsh on Robbie Keane! ;)

considering Roy has been with the team a couple of days and they made 6 subs plus some players not even there, I think you are all giving Englad a hard time.

Not won there since 1966, its a good win that's all. Saturday will be a better test.

It's clear to me that Milner won't start and maybe neither witll downing, Carroll did ok but that goal early on would have helped him, I bet Downing was like "oh a decent assist missed again thanks Andy, same old story".

If we start well in the Euro's against France I can see us doing ok, we will be a good team not a lot of individuals as per the past.

Good luck Roy

considering Roy has been with the team a couple of days and they made 6 subs plus some players not even there, I think you are all giving Englad a hard time.

Not won there since 1966, its a good win that's all. Saturday will be a better test.

It's clear to me that Milner won't start and maybe neither witll downing, Carroll did ok but that goal early on would have helped him, I bet Downing was like "oh a decent assist missed again thanks Andy, same old story".

If we start well in the Euro's against France I can see us doing ok, we will be a good team not a lot of individuals as per the past.

Good luck Roy

Thought the team was far too conservative

A. Johnson should been tried on the left

Chamberlain on the right

No matter who manges England, they all sem to revert to type

Thought the team was far too conservative

A. Johnson should been tried on the left

Chamberlain on the right

No matter who manges England, they all sem to revert to type

in a tournamount you need to win games not worry about being too conservative. Although I do agree we ened to score more goals, that would stop penalty shoot outs as well.

We can be this tournamounts Greece, boring winners - I will take that anyday with this squad

in a tournamount you need to win games not worry about being too conservative. Although I do agree we ened to score more goals, that would stop penalty shoot outs as well.

We can be this tournamounts Greece, boring winners - I will take that anyday with this squad[/

we should aspire to be like Germany with young, hungry, skilful players

Denmark v Australia (any Aussies watching)?

A bit of info from the Danish camp: Agger has never been in better physical shape than he is now according to thorough tests by physio Jens Bangsbo. Interesting to see whether that'll improve his performances as well as make him less prone to injuries.Good news I guess.

*Bendtner's physical shape never been better as well. LOOK OUT HOLLAND!

Hart, Johnson, Cole, Cahill, Terry, Milner, Parker, Gerrard, Welbeck, Young, Chamberlain

Mignolet, Gillet, Kompany, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Fellaini, Witsel, Mirallas, Mertens, Dembele, Hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom