• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Froch -v- Groves

Judge Jules

6CM Addict
I'm taking Froch to win but not by the clear margin some have forecast. Groves surprised Degale big time and I reckon he'll run Froch close tonight.

Any views?

Degale is as overrated a boxer I've seen in a long time so it was no surprise to me that groves beat him.
Groves is decent but I think Froch is different gravy.
I think he'll knock him out.

It'll be interesting.

Froch is also at that stage where he's also fighting the one opponent he can't beat - Father Time. It'll happen to him In some fight down the line, but I don't know of any signs of it now. With Manny there were a few in his previous two fights.

Groves is hard to get a handle on - is he too cocky ?

Groves is a much better fighter than many are giving him credit for, he'll surprise a lot of people.

Think Froch is one or two fights too early for him but he'll give him a good workout.

how can you allow the fight to go on when a fighter has been knocked down but stop the fight when a fighter is on his feet and still throwing punches. scandalous

It was a brilliant fight upto the point where the twat of a ref ruined it. It's getting too common now, if they're not fucking up football games week in week out, they're on the fucking take in boxing matches. They obviously see all these players and fighters earning big bucks and want a piece of the pie.

You see two of the judges only had groves TWO rounds up?!?! hahahahahaha

Great fight.

I think the stoppage was wrong but 5/10 seconds later would've been needed, as froch had him rocked & Groves didnt seem to have the smarts to go down on one knee or grab hold.

The scorecards worry me though, how the fuck can those judges think he was only point ahead?!

I dont think he was about to go, Froch looked like he was about to punch himself out and fall over. Groves WAS rocked, but no way he was about to go out. The ref could have stopped it about 8 times the other way round.

Stoppage was too early but Groves should have boxed far smarter and not got into a war.

I think you're right, at that stage of the fight, he could have backed off and just coasted to an easy points victory after destroying Froch, but I think he got a bit stupid and was still looking for the KO. He'll get smarter I'm sure, but he easily won that fight.

Very good fight, I thought Groves was in control but Froch was starting to come on strong. It was a premature stoppage but I also think that in another 20 seconds he would have been stopped anyway as Groves was losing steam hence why he stopped boxing smartly.

Felt a bit bad for Froch getting jeered at and even now people are slating him, when it should be the ref getting all the grief, not Froch, slate him if he doesn't give Groves a rematch but i don't see what Froch has done wrong, he always puts on a great show and it was another great fight, Froch done so so well to hang in there and then start getting on top, Groves was on his way out of there, the ref should of let it go on but there was only going to be one winner from there on in.

Looks like Froch is past his peak now and its downhill from here, wouldn't be suprised to be proven wrong on that one though.

They've booked the rematch for the end of May. I hope to god Groves bangs him out of it this time. I've no idea how Groves has agreed to the rematch considering they offered him 1.5mill and Froch 8.5mill !! Considering Groves battered him the first time, I thought the split would have been much much closer.
Presume Froch couldn't get Chavez or Ward, I think Ward of ruined him anyway.

Froch will be much better prepared & will actually defend from the off & box. Like he did in the kessler rematch.

I fully expect Groves to become a world champion. Just not in May.

I'm hoping Froch gets smashed the cocky cnut. I'm not falling for this 'wasn't prepared' bollocks that's trying to run, he went through a full camp, wasn't injured, and trained for Groves, and still got battered. Hopefully Groves will finish him off this time. It's shame, I really liked Froch, but he turned into a right cnut around the whole Groves thing so I hope he gets it now. He could obviously 'cheat' in the rematch and refuse to engage and just outbox him and win on points, lennox lewis style.
I'll be looking forward to this and cheering on Groves.

Back
Top Bottom