• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

FSG Have Failed to Deliver

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as i hate our current situation I think they have been Ok as owners and financial stability is key. I actually blame successive managers and bad transfers for our situation more than them. They have been swift to change managers when things have not gone right which is something i have always wanted. Also with LCFC winning the title this year who can argue with the owners ? we have been afforded more than their transfer budget from one season to the next.

I'm not sure that FSG deserve any credit for Leicester City winning the title, moron.

It's only by comparison with the Abramoviches of this world that they've been "tight" though. If we'd bought better with the money they've put in, it would have been enough to get us a lot closer to where we need to be, and in fairness to them they always wanted Klopp at the helm. Now that they've finally got him my answer to your question is yes, though not overnight.

I'm sorry but FSG have played a massive part in our transfer dealings forcing a transfer committee upon their Manager at the time.

No argument from me that they've certainly made mistakes - I'm not denying that at all. What I'm saying is that it hasn't been all bad by any means.

They weren't swift enough to remove Rodgers. a 6-1 demolishing by Stoke, and then proceeded to gift poor Brendan a striker of his choice in Benteke, surely screams anything but timely.
I'd rather have Herr Klopp now than whoever was available to us then.

Very good point. There's no better manager that we could possibly have hoped to attract given our finances, squad and quality.

That is true. Unfortunately in the fast moving and ever changing Premier League...particularly going into next season with teams around us having loads more money to spend etc, having Klopp will count for little...in my view at least.

It's very very early days in the transfer window and it's been a slow market for all Clubs thus far, Upcoming Euros delaying any potential deals etc but going by the profile of player we're being linked with...young and upcoming with big potential it seems to me at least that we're happy enough to write next season off again and put it down as another bedding in period for this young Liverpool team whilst Klopp gets a full season to put his stamp on the team and all that jazz and we take stock next summer again. I'm probably coming across awfully impatient here but that to me all seems very naive and weak in a ruthless League and with Clubs like Leicester and Spurs as added competition etc you can't help but be a little downbeat about the whole thing

Last edited:
That is true. Unfortunately in the fast moving and ever changing Premier League...particularly going into next season with teams around us having loads more money to spend etc, having Klopp with count for little...in my view at least.

It's very very early days in the transfer window and it's been a slow market for all Clubs thus far, Upcoming Euros delaying any potential deals etc but going by the profile of player we're being linked with...young and upcoming with big potential it seems to me at least that we're happy enough to write next season off again and put it down as another bedding in period for this young Liverpool team whilst Klopp gets a full season to put his stamp on the team and all that jazz and we take stock next summer again. I'm probably coming across awfully impatient here but that to me all seems very naive and weak in a ruthless League and with Clubs like Leicester and Spurs as added competition etc you can't help but be a little downbeat about the whole thing

It's all a bit ruth.

Can anyone honestly see us challenging for the League under these tight Yanks? We did it once before with a genius of a player at the forefront of everything. He left and we reverted to type...7th, 8th place fodder.

I've always said that we'd never win the league under FSG. They seemed to be arrogant enough to assume that everyone in football was a moron, and they could win it by being just super-duper smart. But as many have pointed out, they don't know enough about football to be smarter than anyone.

And if you aren't smart enough, you get in people who are, or just throw immense amounts of money at the problem. Or do both.

FSG do neither, so we can forget the title until they fuck off and someone who has the desire and wallet to provide it takes over.

I'm sorry but FSG have played a massive part in our transfer dealings forcing a transfer committee upon their Manager at the time.
As far as I'm aware though, our only successful signings from that period are players the transfer committee selected and forced upon BR.

Countinho, Sakho, Sturridge, Can, etc.

I've always said that we'd never win the league under FSG. They seemed to be arrogant enough to assume that everyone in football was a moron, and they could win it by being just super-duper smart. But as many have pointed out, they don't know enough about football to be smarter than anyone.

And if you aren't smart enough, you get in people who are, or just throw immense amounts of money at the problem. Or do both.

FSG do neither, so we can forget the title until they fuck off and someone who has the desire and wallet to provide it takes over.
Except we easily could have won the title in 13/14 and FSG had nothing to do with us falling short.

Except we easily could have won the title in 13/14 and FSG had nothing to do with us falling short.

Exactly - and if we were really honest with ourselves - the purchases under Rodgers were not that bad whether by committee or by himself - the problem has been that they all needed at least one year+ to blossom. There are so many of you here that think that what LCFC did this year will be a one-off - I actually don't I think the money and lack of quality players in world football will balance the odds against the big spenders. The big spenders in this league cannot attract any of the worlds 3 freak game changers - so whoever they get will not be that great or consistent enough to be relied upon.

Yeah, such a shame that we still couldn't manage it when it was so easily possible.

So, we still haven't won the title under FSG. Do you think we'll win it next season?

As far as I'm aware though, our only successful signings from that period are players the transfer committee selected and forced upon BR.

Countinho, Sakho, Sturridge, Can, etc.

As far as you're aware. Right, yep. Well, I don't need any more convincing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom