• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Future managers among players

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
Inspired by Klopp being complimentary about MacAllister and Jota’s football knowledge (he called Macca “football doctor,” which I assume refers to doctor as an academic title, although it would be cooler to imagine Macca as a medical doctor on the pitch, patching up whatever part of the teamplay that needs help), who among the current or former LFC players (who are still playing) do you think will become managers after they finish? And how successful will they be?

I would say MacAllister certainly seems like a strong candidate, Milner will likely become an assistant manager/fitness guy, Hendo will probably try his hand at coaching, going the Gerrard/Lampard route, Thiago has the football knowledge, but is too naturally talented to help ordinary players. I could see Mignolet coaching somewhere in Belgium.

Who else am I forgetting?

Last edited:
Other than the ones you just mentioned:

Ali - youth coach/coach
Adrian - youth coach/coach
Robbo - Pundit
Matip - humble, calm, smart but does he have the drive? Nah.
Endo - youth coach/coach/manager
Szobo - Takes over Hungary's national team, gets sacked after 10 games
Elliott - maybe
Gakpo - Same as Matip.

Ali - youth coach/coach
Robbo - Pundit
Elliott - maybe
Gakpo - Same as Matip.

Spot on on Szobo :ROFLMAO:

Trent?

Trent?
Yes, Trent seems to have an excellent football brain and increasingly talks with more assurance when interviewed. I think from the English players at the club, he's the standout.

If Klopp and the entire managerial team were abducted by aliens on an eve on an important game and you could only use one of the players to select a team and give a team talk, I felt in Liverpool 1.0 that player would be Milner. In Liverpool 2.0 that player is MacAllister.

Trent?
Thing is with Trent, he's smart, kind of good boy, you know. Doesn't sport a neck tattoo...
I think he can do it if he wants to, but I think he's more into the business side of it. I think he's the kind to have a few businesses maybe do some punditry. A bit like Alan Hansen maybe?

We can filter the list down to holding midfielders right? Seems to be the prerequisite. I would not be surprised to see Busquets or Kimmech step into management at some stage.

Henderson might try now he's removed homophobia in the middle-east

Not too many, the leaders/captains. For every squad of 25 players there’s one manager and a handful of assistants.

Hendo, Milner, Virgil, Szobo, Trent.

They might go down the Sami route of giving it a try and finding out quite early it’s not for them or possibly down the Carra route and work within a different sector of the sport.

The best managers are those who had limited talent, physically poor, and never grabbed the limelight as a player. Leadership on the pitch also doesn't seem to translate well outside the pitch.

I'm ruling out Virgil, Szobo, Trent. Bitches would be like Henry, wondering why their cunt players from Leyton Orient just can't do the 40 yard line breaking passes they keep talking about in training.

If you're looking for a future god-like manager, Divock Origi is him.

The best managers are those who had limited talent, physically poor, and never grabbed the limelight as a player. Leadership on the pitch also doesn't seem to translate well outside the pitch.

I'm ruling out Virgil, Szobo, Trent. Bitches would be like Henry, wondering why their cunt players from Leyton Orient just can't do the 40 yard line breaking passes they keep talking about in training.

Zidane turned out all right though. Ancelotti was also a very good player in his day.

Zidane turned out all right though. Ancelotti was also a very good player in his day.
Yup, loads of top managers over the years that were talented players. It's the players that play more on instinct that tend to be shit managers. It's why I think Thiago will have a decent career in management.

Don't know if he'd be successful, but imagine VVD intimidating managers and assistant referees on the touchline with his size. Would be very interesting. He's a leader, but don't know if he's capable of going deep into tactics and conveying that to players.

Ali - youth coach/coach
Robbo - Pundit
Elliott - maybe
Gakpo - Same as Matip.

I thought speaking intelligible English was a requirement to being a pundit? :)

It’ll probably be Nat Phillips that’ll make the best manager, followed closely by Naby Kieta.

Dalglish was a really shit player

I have a feeling Hendo will be a good manager. Players that rely of smarts and effort vs athleticism seem a better fit. also fits Arteta, Xabi, Pep, Hoddle. I think Fabinho and Jota could be good. Very smart players.

I have a feeling Hendo will be a good manager. Players that rely of smarts and effort vs athleticism seem a better fit. also fits Arteta, Xabi, Pep, Hoddle. I think Fabinho and Jota could be good. Very smart players.
Oh and Milner for sure!

Yeah, just imagine a team playing the ball perfectly from side to side .,. To the tune of Mighty Mouse @Modo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom