• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gerrard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox

Very Active
Hope this form and fitness continues into the new season.

No surpurse that with Lampard out Stevie is having his best championship for England. He is in the middle not pushed out left, he has license to choose whether to go forward or not as he has the human battering ram behind him. He is also choosing when to drift right to put in those amazing crosses, only thing lacking is a goal, he should have scored that last minute volley against Sweden.

I feel he is finally getting some respect for England even from rival fans according to facebook (mancs, chavs fans ETC). No way has it been fair for folk to say he has been rubbish for England in the past, he rarely played in the middle with fat boy taking over.

Best thing that happened to Roy was Lampard being injured.

Swap Parker for Lucas and that is out CM sorted start of the season.

Love the Gerrard

He's been phenomenal this tournament, fair play to him, it just makes me want us to win even more so he could lift the trophy. He's getting some credit from the media too which is nice, the tabloids are still trying there best to not recognise it though!

Yeah he's been really good so far.

It's somewhat of a shame though that he didn't apply himself quite so vigorously for his club this season

Viera:

He said: "As a manager, or if you are one of the players, you are looking for a leader in the team - someone to show you the way. Steven Gerrard is the main man for England.

"I never understood the captaincy issue in this country because for me there is only one person who should be captain and that is Steven Gerrard.

"He never hides and I'm pleased he is doing well for the national team. England have something, they are building something."

He wouldn't be able to sustain this level of performance for more than a few games, not at this age.

He'll be fucked next season, unfortunately.

I hope I'm wrong like, but I don't think I am.

I bet Kenny is watching and wondering how much better things might have gone if Gerrard had been like this during the season. Maybe it really has just taken this long for him to shake off all the niggles that followed his operations, but it's a bit cruel to see him now play several games on the trot and look very fit. Oh well, he deserves any praise he gets for these performances, and it obviously means a lot to him, so onwards and upwards.

Lampard getting injured has been a blessing in disguise. However it still bothers me that Gerrard is playing deep. Parker can't pass for shit so Gerrard has to do the playmaking and the attacking. Hence why I wanted Carrick to play as part of a three man midfield with Gerrard and Parker.
Anyway, it's criminal that they just realised 10 years too late that Gerrard is a better player for England without Lampard in midfield.

He wouldn't be able to sustain this level of performance for more than a few games, not at this age.

He'll be fucked next season, unfortunately.

I hope I'm wrong like, but I don't think I am.

He will be fine, he will be rested for plenty of games next season anyway, just hopefully not for Charlie

No surpurse that with Lampard out Stevie is having his best championship for England. He is in the middle not pushed out left, he has license to choose whether to go forward or not as he has the human battering ram behind him. He is also choosing when to drift right to put in those amazing crosses, only thing lacking is a goal, he should have scored that last minute volley against Sweden.

I feel he is finally getting some respect for England even from rival fans according to facebook (mancs, chavs fans ETC). No way has it been fair for folk to say he has been rubbish for England in the past, he rarely played in the middle with fat boy taking over.

Love the Gerrard

Shut up you dope.

I think he meant lucas instead of parker ryan.

Unless he literally meant he'd rather have Scott parker, then you're right.

I think he meant lucas instead of parker ryan.

Unless he literally meant he'd rather have Scott parker, then you're right.

I had originally thought the same way you did. But now I'm starting to have doubts...

2lxe0z5.jpg

New product available on TheFA.com
"You'll never score another free kick in training again!"

I think that ludicrous moment last night when Parker tried to HEAD the ball off an opponent's foot summed up both him and the crazy reactions he provokes - apart from it being utterly absurd, Clive Tiddley, of course, hailed it as some kind of magnificent epitome of heroic Englishness that merited the theme from Dambusters being played. He keeps running around out of position doing madly eccentric things that get him praised rather than criticised.

ha as if

Our CM of Lucas and Gerrard in his new role of selective raids forward is very exciting

That is NOT his new role Fox.

He is playing as a CM, if you think Hodgson is telling him to do what he is you can think again.

He's simply dragging a very average team with a good defence through by the balls game after game, only he's not quite as dynamic as he was.

His last big medal was in 2005 (arguably 07?) he knows there's not much time left & this in all likelihood is his last chance at major glory & probably his only chance as captain.

He won't play this role for us nor will he play quite as well for more than the odd occasion, unfortunately. He'll still be one of the best players on the pitch though, cos he's just that fucking good.

I think that ludicrous moment last night when Parker tried to HEAD the ball off an opponent's foot summed up both him and the crazy reactions he provokes - apart from it being utterly absurd, Clive Tiddley, of course, hailed it as some kind of magnificent epitome of heroic Englishness that merited the theme from Dambusters being played. He keeps running around out of position doing madly eccentric things that get him praised rather than criticised.

That was another piece of commentary that made me laugh, yeah, tackling with your head, that's to be admired. Let's hope our back 4 all do it next game too.

It's annoying to see Gerrard bust his guts for this cunt team of pathetic losers.

The funny thing is on Sunday, when Gerrard will be out of breath having put into a phenomenal performance once again, and in extra time Pirlo just effortlessly puts in a killer ball to finish the game. Then he'll turn around and laugh his italian arse off at Gerrard for wasting so much energy and effort trying to do something that is really so easy.

Love the Gerrard

Are you being serious or taking the piss? would like to think it's the latter.

Daniele De Rossi: "Steven Gerrard is my idol. He has been at the pinnacle for 10 years"

Lads, Fox surely means replace Parker with Lucas. As in a Gerrard and Lucas midfield for us. He isn't advocating we go out and try buy Parker.

You see the mistake you're making there Dave is to credit Fox with thinking rationally.

We know where that gets people.

Lads, Fox surely means replace Parker with Lucas. As in a Gerrard and Lucas midfield for us. He isn't advocating we go out and try buy Parker.

yeh a sensible poster - I don't even a nut like me would say sell Lucas to buy the battering ram ???

Lucas and Stevie on this form, Carroll and Luis, Agger and Skittles there is a top spine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom