• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gini wish granted ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want him to stay to be like another milner; an aging but versatile player

But he's fucking 1 dimensional at times and it's a fucking hinderence

I said preseason he’d be the first to get rid of. Then we’d get money. Now I’m we get fuck all but I’d like a more dynamic midfielder. Jones could be that player but it is a lot to ask of a 19 year old.

I said preseason he’d be the first to get rid of. Then we’d get money. Now I’m we get fuck all but I’d like a more dynamic midfielder. Jones could be that player but it is a lot to ask of a 19 year old.

It'd be nice if keita wasn't made of wafers

Yes. History not being a predictor of the future (and the fact we have had so many injuries meaning he has to play doesn't mean he will play as much when we have a full rota, because clearly that won't be the case, as in when he missed out starting against Barca in the return).

He's 30 yrs old now and will be 33 (34 if he gets his way on the new contract) when the new contract finishes. He won't be playing 50 games a season.

I've already listed the reasons why. If you disagree you are going to have to tear the logic down.

My logic is simple, hes being overplayed now, theres no way he should be playing this many games. So I think the idea that in 2 or 3 years if he was playing 25-35 games a year that it wouldnt be a big problem.

Thiago is nearly as old and not nearly as durable, Keita is unlikely to be here in 12 months and Jones is working his way into the team but long term he probably replaces Henderson, who is older and more injury prone than Gini. There are more than enough games to keep Henderson, Wjinaldum, Thiago and Jones happy.

I want him to stay to be like another milner; an aging but versatile player

But he's fucking 1 dimensional at times and it's a fucking hinderence

I could not disagree more with that last bit. He's the most versatile midfielder we have. If he plays a limited role in any given game he'll be doing it to instructions.

I reckon if things were more stable at Barca he’d be off.

He knows staying here is a sure thing and if that’s what he wanted then surely he’d have signed by now (I can’t believe terms are really an issue) so he’s just stalling to see what else is on offer.

Does the fucker not realise that in 3 years time when this new contract offer runs out, if he stays as fit and as useful as he has been - he’ll get a 2 year contract and a door named after him?

My logic is simple, hes being overplayed now, theres no way he should be playing this many games. So I think the idea that in 2 or 3 years if he was playing 25-35 games a year that it wouldnt be a big problem.

Thiago is nearly as old and not nearly as durable, Keita is unlikely to be here in 12 months and Jones is working his way into the team but long term he probably replaces Henderson, who is older and more injury prone than Gini. There are more than enough games to keep Henderson, Wjinaldum, Thiago and Jones happy.
OK yes if he were to be happy with 25-35 games a season then fair enough. I just don't think he sees it that way - hope I'm wrong - I'd love to see him sign a new contract.

I don't think Keita is going anywhere for the next 2-3 seasons at least. When he plays he's shown what he's capable of (he has a very high bar - he just needs to reproduce it on a consistent basis) and I can see Klopp maybe grooming him as the 'new Thiago / new Gini' as there is a lot of similarities between his game and those two.

134797592_10157495414797251_4449160633831499023_o.jpg

Realises Barca are shite now and maybe he shouldn't go

He'll sign a contract on a lot less than he wants i reckon

In fairness, I've heard he's been desperate to stay the entire time, and Klopp wants him there too, but it's the money men tightening the purse strings.

I rewatched the second leg of the Barca semi final this morning.
Gini was immense when he came on in the second half.
I really hope he stays.

Mane was even better and was motm while Divock was so much better than he showed recently.
Shack, despite my recollection thinking otherwise was very poor bar the cross for Gini to score his second

[article]Georginio Wijnaldum has rejected Liverpool's latest offer to keep him at the club.

With his contract set to expire in the summer, the midfielder is keen on leaving and joining Barcelona.

The Catalan club are ready to land the 30-year-old on a free transfer at the end of the season, with Ronald Koeman a huge fan having coached him at international level.

Wijnaldum's contract situation has hung over the Reds all season with Jurgen Klopp desperate to keep hold of the Dutchman.

The former Newcastle star has played in every Premier League match this campaign and remains a key player at Anfield.

But the club have failed to agree terms with Wijnaldum throughout the season.

And their latest offer has also fallen short of the mark, with a move away now on the cards, according to Todofichajes.

The report goes on to state that Wijnaldum does not want to be at Liverpool and wants the choice to be able to leave.

His heart is set on a move to Barcelona, who will be able to start negotiating with him on a pre-contract agreement.

The Netherlands international was presented with a new deal by Liverpool at the start of December.

According to the Guardian on December 27, he requested more time to be given before coming up with an answer.

And the latest information from Todofichajes shows that the midfield ace has made him up his mind.

If Barcelona do land him, it will be a huge boost to Koeman - who is eyeing a similar move for his compatriot Memphis Depay.

The former Manchester United star will see his contract at Lyon expire in the summer and Barca tried to sign him last transfer window.

It will mean that the Dutch duo could be plying their trade at the Nou Camp next season.

Wijnaldum signed for Liverpool for £23m in 2016 from Newcastle and has gone on to be a huge success.

He was a key part of the side that won the Champions League and the Premier League the following year.[/article]

"The former Newcastle star has played in every Premier League match this campaign."

Get this over the line, please.

"The former Newcastle star has played in every Premier League match this campaign."

Get this over the line, please.

I know it is so sad and really appalling that we don't give the one player who has always been available for us, the contract he deserves. I mean Matip - we extended his contract despite playing 2 games a season for us ( I know probably more than 2 but hey it feels like two games a season). What an absolute fucking nightmare, and also we are giving Barca a player who has contacts inside our club so they may want to use him to do some tapping up later down the line e.g. Robertson, VVD, Gomez,

I always presumed that going all in for Thiago was some sort of compromise planning for milner and or Gini going next summer , meaning only one new body needs bedding in for those two ( who the fuck knows what happens to keita and ox )

I'm not concerned about Thiago, I'll judge him on his period at this club, he got absolutely clattered on the knee so i'm not too surprised he missed months, I think he'll be treated accordingly to his injury record and concerns.

Ox and Keita just add so little value to the squad, who knows if Ox will ever hit a run of health and form again for us and Keita appears to be able to hit the ground more or less running each time but when its only for a period of 3/4/5 games before breaking again, will he ever be reliable ?

I am concerned about the loss of Gini, he's been more often than not, good to great over the past 18 months, there is some absolutely class midfielders in the premier league, we should be able to take our pick as long as were willing to pay the price and hopefully mitigate the loss of Gini.

He really stepped it up the last couple of seasons and that coincided with all those trophies. Not irreplaceable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom