• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Going South

Imagine getting all excited about moving away from the Glazers only for the next group of dickheads to headhunt Gareth fucking Southgate.

Predictably Southgate made England difficult to beat, which has done them well in tournaments, but if you look at the teams beaten to get to the semifinals and final then his achievements look mediocre. As soon as England played anyone half decent they were sent packing. If Gareth Southgate is the answer then what the heck is the question?

Hmmm a different take on this is that he's managed to bring together an England squad and get them to perform as one of Europe's elite for almost six years. Don't forget he's working from a limited pool as an International manager and also only get to coach/moud the team for a few days every 2-3 months

I actually do think he's an upgrade on Ten Haag but, even I'm not expecting him to change United's fortunes back to the Fergie days. They have a bit more pain to come.

The one thing I find bewildering is that Ten Haag was sitting 5th/6th due to SOOOOO many lucky wins this season. Forget our three dreadful attempts, so many other teams have managed to lose/draw to a totally inept team limited by a pretty seruious run of injuries

First few RedCafe responses

It better not be Southgate ffs
Liverpool not making any sort of a move speaks volumes

Oh lord please no. This is a nightmare, somebody wake me up

The ABU's will have an absolute field day if it's Southgate

It wont be souf gate- ineos too smart for that

-USREDEVIL said:
-It wont be souf gate- ineos too smart for that
Hope you’re right mate. The fans will turn their backs on them if they appoint him. I mean they do all this hard work in getting Wilcox, Ashworth and then appointing someone like him undoes this.

-Fr. Todd Unctious said:
-The ABU's will have an absolute field day if it's Southgate
So will every United fan.

Would expect him to be hounded out the club within weeks.

Ratcliffe will just turn into another joke if he appoints Southgate. ‘He wants the best in class in every department’ if he thinks he’s the best then he’s got issues

At least you can sort of tell it's bollocks right now because Santi Nobody says he's Ratcliffe's top pick. Obviously Ratcliffe wont be having any say in it.

The manager could just be a pragmatic yes man for the next few years anyway with the amount of underlying work needs done away from the position.

Getting the right guy in would be a huge bonus, but isn’t crucial right now (assuming there’s good work going on in the background)

Southgate makes no sense. Unless INEOS reads Caf and somehow read mine and @Skills insane posts about hiring and sacking a few managers within a few weeks just to break the cult of the manager. It is an insane idea though, shouldn't be tried at home, but that is the only way hiring Southgate makes sense. Right?

Can’t believe people believe these Twitter accounts. Southgate is coming nowhere near the club. Sir Jim will lose the fans instantly if he appoints him.

-SER19 said:
-If we wanted amorim you could just get him now. Portuguese league is done and won already
He’s confirmed he’s staying

I'd rather have Theresa May as the manager at this rate.

Make another rash managerial decision and it’s 5 steps backwards potentially

Isn't the whole point of Ineos's backroom changes to make sure a bad manager can't be a single point of failure? If an underperforming manager is removed quickly and isn't in control of transfer policy then I don't see why it would be 5 steps backwards.

-The Hacker said:
-They’ll give him another year.….
Nah his position is untenable. They’ll just put someone like Potter in.

The fact that there is so much consensus against Southgate here makes he think he could be a big success here ,anytime we have near unanimous agreement on a player or manger it is almost certainly a disaster signing for the club.

-Betson said:
-The fact that there is so much consensus …
Shame how Mount didn't work out then. Cause there was as much consensus that we should not sign him.

A positive outcome? Positive? Positively can stick up their bottoms if that's their idea of progress.

-Ayoba said:
-Oh lord please no. This is a nightmare, somebody wake me up
Careful what you wish for. It's the kind of nightmare where you think you have woken up, the birds are singing, your lovers arms are around you... Then you roll over and it turns out you've been playing little spoon to Moyes all these years.

Clearly Gareth knows how to keep his office clean.

Hmmm a different take on this is that he's managed to bring together an England squad and get them to perform as one of Europe's elite for almost six years. Don't forget he's working from a limited pool as an International manager and also only get to coach/moud the team for a few days every 2-3 months

I actually do think he's an upgrade on Ten Haag but, even I'm not expecting him to change United's fortunes back to the Fergie days. They have a bit more pain to come.

The one thing I find bewildering is that Ten Haag was sitting 5th/6th due to SOOOOO many lucky wins this season. Forget our three dreadful attempts, so many other teams have managed to lose/draw to a totally inept team limited by a pretty seruious run of injuries

Southgate has got lucky with the talent pool he's got.

Yet England will still fuck it up this summer when they should probably be favourites.

They have arguably have their best midfield/forward line ever.

Kane, Bellingham, Foden, Palmer, Saka, Rice.

But you know Southgate will try and play Rashford and Phillips.

would love to see Theresa May get the job, strolling down Old Trafford like
Theresa May Dance GIF by EDM Authority

Southgate has got lucky with the talent pool he's got.

Yet England will still fuck it up this summer when they should probably be favourites.

They have arguably have their best midfield/forward line ever.

Kane, Bellingham, Foden, Palmer, Saka, Rice.

But you know Southgate will try and play Rashford and Phillips.

When you have Harry Maguire in defence, tge opposition always has a chance.

Imagine getting all excited about moving away from the Glazers only for the next group of dickheads to headhunt Gareth fucking Southgate.

Predictably Southgate made England difficult to beat, which has done them well in tournaments, but if you look at the teams beaten to get to the semifinals and final then his achievements look mediocre. As soon as England played anyone half decent they were sent packing. If Gareth Southgate is the answer then what the heck is the question?
Is there a possibility he’ll restore the right culture and mentality without the expectation of success? Paving the way for the next manager. There is so much shit to clean up there before they can be competitive again.

Is there a possibility he’ll restore the right culture and mentality without the expectation of success? Paving the way for the next manager. There is so much shit to clean up there before they can be competitive again.
Maybe he will. But at United the expectation is always to win trophies, no matter how low they fall - if he fails to do so it will end badly for him no matter what.

If he's given times Southgate might do alright. Big if though. Worry this is a "better the devil you know" situation

The big charismatic managers have shown they can change club, or more precisely player culture over the years. I can’t see the quiet, waist-coat wearing yes-man ever changing the culture of a massive club like Utd and controlling the self entitled millionaires there.

Said it before.. but Southgate is shite. He failed at Middlesbrough. He failed at England. Yes failed.
He is shite. Still don't like change for them when its all so tasty right now.

Course, this is also the mentality fans had when Ferguson was struggling initially

Hoijlund Will be a hit elsewhere i think. The move to a big Club happened too early.

He would probably score a lot in our team.

The big charismatic managers have shown they can change club, or more precisely player culture over the years. I can’t see the quiet, waist-coat wearing yes-man ever changing the culture of a massive club like Utd and controlling the self entitled millionaires there.
He’d get rid of them and bring in all his old u21 players :D

Erik ten Hag walks into a bank to cash a cheque. As he approaches the cashier he says, "Good morning, Ms could you please cash this cheque for me?"
Cashier:"It would be my pleasure. Could you please show me your ID?"
Ten Hag:"Truthfully, I did not bring my ID with me as I didn't think there was any need to. I am Erik ten Hag, Manager of Manchester United”.
Cashier: "Yes, I know who you are, but with all the regulations and monitoring of the banks because of impostors and forgers and requirements of the legislation, etc., I must insist on seeing ID."
Ten Hag: Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they will tell you. Everybody knows who I am."
Cashier: "I am sorry, Mr Hag but these are the bank rules and I must follow them."
Ten Hag:"Come on please, I am urging you, please cash this cheque."
Cashier: "Look sir, here is an example of what we can do. One day, Tiger Woods came into the bank without ID. To prove he was Tiger Woods he pulled out his putter and made a beautiful shot across the bank into a cup. With that shot we knew him to be Tiger Woods and cashed his cheque."
"Another time, Andre Agassi came in without ID. He pulled out his tennis racket and made a fabulous shot where the tennis ball landed in my cup. With that shot we cashed his cheque. So, sir, what can you do to prove that it is you and only you?"
Erik stands there thinking and thinking and finally says, "Honestly, my mind is a total blank...there is nothing that comes to my mind. I can't think of a single thing. I have absolutely no idea what to do. I don't have a clue."
Cashier: "Will that be large or small notes , Mr Ten Hag?”

Back
Top Bottom