• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Goretzka.. Signed for Bayern..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a strong feeling this is going to happen.

Bild (who are a Bayern mouthpiece) seem to be lamenting Goretzka choosing Liverpool stating that to do so is to choose not to win titles. That kind of gurning isn't the mark of confidence the player is going to Munich.

Last edited:
If you can sign it, why can't you announce it?
If you haven't signed, then there is no contract
You aren't allowed to talk to other clubs, it's not just about signing. If you were to announce you were going to another club, it's a pretty strong implication that they've offered you something, which isn't allowed.

You aren't allowed to talk to other clubs, it's not just about signing. If you were to announce you were going to another club, it's a pretty strong implication that they've offered you something, which isn't allowed.

But it seems that its allowed in the Bundesliga.

Maybe it is done and that's why LFC are now putting out the information re willing to sell Phil for astronomical fee

Bild (who are a Bayern mouthpiece) seem to be lamenting Goretzka choosing Liverpool stating that to do so is to choose not to win titles. That kind of gurning isn't the mark of confidence the player is going to Munich.

Ah. but will he get his cut if he goes to Bayern?

Piece-of-the-pie>trophies

Like what I see even if it is just highlights. Combine the highlights with the fact he is established international with Germany and he seem a great upgrade on the likes of Gini, Can, Hendo and Milner. Looks very direct, good runner and smart to be still a young player.

Like what I see even if it is just highlights. Combine the highlights with the fact he is established international with Germany and he seem a great upgrade on the likes of Gini, Can, Hendo and Milner. Looks very direct, good runner and smart to be still a young player.

Yeah, and he's a big lad too. If Can is going we need a bit of arial strength.

latest

All good my man. I'm excited about Leon again - have we saved this from 'certain Bayern'. He looks incredible.

BAYERN CONFIRM GORETZKA INTEREST
Schalke
midfielder Leon Goretzka has been linked in the British media with Liverpool and Manchester United but any Premier League suitor is set to have competition from Bayern Munich for his signature.
Schalke's sporting director, Christian Heidel, shrugged off reports on Tuesday that a deal had been done with their Bundesliga rivals but, speaking at a press conference on Wednesday, Bayern chief Hasan Salihamidzic - commonly known as Brazzo - says Bayern are indeed keen...
@Brazzo: "Leon #Goretzka is a great player, that's clear. But he is a @s04_en player and we obviously respect that. But he is a Germany international and we can say that we are interested in him." pic.twitter.com/rOcmSs5mjB
— FC Bayern English (@FCBayernEN) January 3, 2018

Yes he was. Vieira probably did the more attacking of the two but they dovetailed all the time

9 goals in three years at Arsenal and an average of 1 in 22 throughout his career spells a different story.

Great player but box to box he was not.

If both Phil and Emre are going, then adding Goretzka would go a long way towards filling the gap. Like I said, I don't see the Gerrard comparison that some over-eager journalists and fans seem to be making, but there is no doubt this a talented player very well-suited to Klopp's style and he would improve us. Aerial strength is a plus, especially with Keita a bit lacking in that department, and Klopp would probably love to have a midfielder who can speed up the game, whereas most of the current ones tend to slow it down to one degree or another. And if another in-demand player chooses LFC over a club like Bayern (after Van Dijk and Ox did so over Man City and Chelsea respectively) this will also go a long way to mitigating the reputational losses of allowing Coutinho and Can to leave.

I still hope we can get Milinkovic-Savic, even if Goretzka comes. We'd have a truly special midfield to match the attacking trio.

Last edited:
Have we been linked to Milinkovic Savic?
He looks like he can do everything, a bit like Pogba at his best. It's Serie A though, so fuck knows if he's any good in reality.

Have we been linked to Milinkovic Savic?
He looks like he can do everything, a bit like Pogba at his best. It's Serie A though, so fuck knows if he's any good in reality.

Yes, I think James Pearce or someone else at the Echo mentioned that he is very much on Klopp’s radar. I just looked at my thread of transfer links from last summer and he was there too - apparently it’s a long-standing interest. He does look like a perfect Klopp midfielder, capable of both defending and attacking at high level.

It’s a bit strange we didn’t get him at the same time as Grujic though - I think they were together at the same U20 tournament that Serbia won and M-S. was particularly impressive there, surely our scouts watching Grujic couldn’t have possibly missed his teammate.

Last edited:
Yes, I think James Pearce or someone else at the Echo mentioned that he is very much on Klopp’s radar. I just looked at my thread of transfer links from last summer and he was there too - apparently it’s a long-standing interest. He does look like a perfect Klopp midfielder, capable of both defending and attacking at high level.

It’s a bit strange we didn’t get him at the same time as Grujic though - I think they were together at the same U20 tournament that Serbia won and M-S. was particularly impressive there, surely our scouts watching Grujic couldn’t have possibly missed his teammate.
Isn't he being quoted at €100m or something ridiculous though ? If so then he won't be an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom