• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Henderson Leaves Al Ettifaq by mutual consent

Hendo's debut, watched by Southgate...

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it...
I really don't miss him. Our new boys are so much better.

Jesus fucking christ. Is the dutch league that shit? Tons of time and space to do whatever he wanted, and even then it wasn't that impressive.

Fine, i guess

Hendo's debut, watched by Southgate...

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it...
I really don't miss him. Our new boys are so much better.

I wasn't ready for him to leave yet. Felt he had room to contribute at least in a leadership role, even as his role on the pitch shrank.

But now that the bandaid has been pulled off, there's no going back. We're better now than we were last season. No problem admitting that even while acknowledging his accomplishments as captain.

Former Ajax and Tottenham star Rafael van der Vaart has issued a scathing criticism of his football, claiming that 'nobody' will be happy with him.

'Ajax have brought in players with zero quality. The club will now have to see out the rest of the season,' he said on Dutch TV.

'They have brought in Jordan Henderson. All he does is to play a little pass out wide, or a little pass back.

'But nobody will be happy with that.

'You'll see on Thursday that they will get through their Conference League tie against Bodo/Glimt with all the luck in the world.

'Afterwards it's best for them to get knocked out, and to make a fresh start next season.

'As an Ajax man my heart bleeds. I don't know what I can say about them any more.'

Has Van der Vaart actually won anything ever, aside from eating competitions?

Did he not lay into Van Dijk too?
Spurs legend Van Der Faart is Keane without any of the trophies.

Van der Cunt seems like an unreasonable, bitter person. Wasn’t that good of a footballer either.

Yea, big mouth looking for attention who could only run for an hour even in his prime

Jordan Henderson admits Liverpool’s success this season proves they were right to let him leave in the summer and hopes Jürgen Klopp gets a “fairytale ending” to his time at Anfield.

The former Liverpool captain, who departed after 12 years at the club, has watched his former team-mates chase three more trophies — the Premier League, Europa League and FA Cup — having already secured the Carabao Cup in what Klopp has said will be his final season in charge. Henderson, 33, joined Ajax in the January window, after a short but controversial stint in Saudi Arabia.

“Looking back, I think it was the right time for me as a player [to leave] but also for them as a team and for them as a club, as much as that hurt at the time,” Henderson said.

“I was very emotional. Looking back in that period of time, looking back now, it is easy to see that it was the right decision made by the manager and the club. It was the best decision to freshen things up. If you look at Virgil [van Dijk] becoming captain, Trent [Alexander-Arnold] becoming vice-captain, and how they’ve stepped up again this season, I think it has given them another lift.

“It was the best thing for the club and the team, and you can see that in the performances and how they’ve done, as much as that hurts me.

“It’s football and you move on. I’m so happy it’s worked out for them so far and I’ve just got my fingers crossed it can be a fairytale end for Jürgen because he deserves it.”

Jordan Henderson admits Liverpool’s success this season proves they were right to let him leave in the summer and hopes Jürgen Klopp gets a “fairytale ending” to his time at Anfield.

The former Liverpool captain, who departed after 12 years at the club, has watched his former team-mates chase three more trophies — the Premier League, Europa League and FA Cup — having already secured the Carabao Cup in what Klopp has said will be his final season in charge. Henderson, 33, joined Ajax in the January window, after a short but controversial stint in Saudi Arabia.

“Looking back, I think it was the right time for me as a player [to leave] but also for them as a team and for them as a club, as much as that hurt at the time,” Henderson said.

“I was very emotional. Looking back in that period of time, looking back now, it is easy to see that it was the right decision made by the manager and the club. It was the best decision to freshen things up. If you look at Virgil [van Dijk] becoming captain, Trent [Alexander-Arnold] becoming vice-captain, and how they’ve stepped up again this season, I think it has given them another lift.

“It was the best thing for the club and the team, and you can see that in the performances and how they’ve done, as much as that hurts me.

“It’s football and you move on. I’m so happy it’s worked out for them so far and I’ve just got my fingers crossed it can be a fairytale end for Jürgen because he deserves it.”
Fair play to Hendo for admitting it.

Much respect for him here.

View: https://twitter.com/mahfxz_/status/1767956522477252846

The level of directness in the Dutch media is mad.

That's the Dutch for you - not exactly subtle (I lived there for a couple of years) !

Anecdote : I remember when I moved on to Belgium (from Amsterdam) the GF of one of my Dutch mates just calling me up out of the blue and saying she wanted to come and stay with me for the weekend (my current GF didn't agree). Just one of many blunt comments/incidents.

Yepp, they make Yorkshire people seem positively polite. Have to say I loved my time living in Amsterdam, Utrecht and Haarlem

Back
Top Bottom