• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hillsborough - Judgement Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
Jurors have reached a majority decision on whether the 96 victims of the Hillsborough disaster were unlawfully killed, verdict is to be heard tomorrow..

They already reached unanimous verdict on the other 13 questions...

Which way do you think this is heading.. ?

Decision 11am tomorrow.. (Tuesday)

Last edited:
I feel ill anticipating it. The coverage seemed to suggest the evidence was strong enough but you can never tell.

The extreme fight for a fair hearing won in the end and hence part of justice has been heard. Part of the trauma was the way the tragedy was brushed aside as a common incident by all part of authorities. One can only hope that the guilty one is hooked this time, butrthe systematic coverup by authorities Will happen again and again and again... and very rarely you will see the strenght to fight it as we have seen in this case. Thats why we have seen support from fans around the world and thats why we must support them back when they need it.

Last edited:
I feel ill anticipating it. The coverage seemed to suggest the evidence was strong enough but you can never tell.

Me too.. though surely you think with the evidence that has been heard, there will be a 'correct' outcome..

The question is, what happens next if the ruling as anticipated says fans were unlawfully killed.. who gets prosecuted.. where and when...

With that type of ruling, things could get very interesting... The shit should surely would hit the fan..

You'd think that the clear evidence of Police tampering with witness statements would make a unlawful killing verdict likely. A lesser verdict of accidental death (if this forms part of the inquests remit) would render the Police presence as no more than bystanders at an event rather than having a duty of care.

You'd think that the clear evidence of Police tampering with witness statements would make a unlawful killing verdict likely. A lesser verdict of accidental death (if this forms part of the inquests remit) would render the Police presence as no more than bystanders at an event rather than having a duty of care.
Yeah, from everything that we've heard about the evidence given it looks pretty clear.

That means nothing until we hear the verdict though.

The extreme fight for a fair hearing won in the end and hence part of justice has been heard. Part of the trauma was the way the tragedy was brushed aside as a common incident by all part of authorities. One can only hope that the guilty one is hooked this time, butrthe systematic coverup by authorities Will happen again and again and again... and very rarely you will see the strenght to fight it as we have seen in this case. Thats why we have seen support from fans around the world and thats why we must support them back when they need it.

It's very easy to find the strength to win when you've been wronged. But they haven't turned to revenge, haven't sunk to the same level as the authorities, haven't used underhanded tactics, that is what amazes me. I myself did all of those things within minutes and sometimes feel a little bit ashamed that maybe there was a better way.

Barely slept last night. Valium helped. My therapist has been working overtime. All over the place this morning and feeling sick. Desperately hoping those reds who died around me (and in the hossie next to me as I was in a coma) receive what their memory deserves.
A truly momentous day in my life, the lives of countless others and in English legal history.
Whatever the outcome we owe a huge debt to the families who persevered, the people who have helped them, like the HJC, Sheila Coleman and others.
We never walked alone.

I hope today gives some closure to the families and the victims, after 27 years of hell. For everyone who was there that day, I hope you find some peace with the findings today, I know it's a day that's impossible to put behind us as a club and the 96 will never be forgotten. Let's hope justice, albeit in a meager belated form, prevails somewhat today.

YNWA.

Last edited:
I hope today gives some closure to the families and the victims, after 17 years of hell. For everyone who was there that day, I hope you find some peace with the findings today, I know it's a day that's impossible to put behind us as a club and the 96 will never be forgotten. Let's hope justice, albeit in a meager belated form, prevails somewhat today.

YNWA.

27 years mate ..

I know mate, I'm on my phone travelling

The tampering with witness statements is a separate issue, one which may be pursued later in its own right but would have nothing to do with the question whether the Hillsborough victims were unlawfully killed. As far as I can tell from what I've read, that issue will revolve around Duckenfield, what he did or didn't do and the reasons why. Fingers crossed that may yet bring the FA into the Hillsborough spotlight, where I've believed from day one that they belong, but I'm not hopeful. The establishment takes care of its own.

Last edited:
I'm trying not to think about it. This isn't a good kind of anticipation. I hope justice comes out as it ought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom