• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hoffenheim Releases 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirly

Sucks to Suck.
Ten exit Hoffenheim in Gisdol shake-up
Hoffenheim have released ten players, including internationals Tim Wiese, Robias Weis and Eren Derdiyok, as coach Markus Gisdol continues with his commitment to blooding young players.

Gisdol took charge in April of a Hoffenheim side facing relegation but masterminded the club’s survival by placing an emphasis on youth.

And the 43-year-old, who previously took charge of Hoffenheim’s reserve team, has now decided to trim the squad ahead of the 2013-14 campaign.

“It is not possible to form a working team out of 35 players in training,” Gisdol toldkicker. “Of course it is a difficult situation for the players concerned, but it would not be better if we play 10 against 10 and the remaining 15 players jog around the pitch.”

Gisdol did, however, suggest that some of those released could be re-signed, claiming that the club “have not closed the door for any of those players”.

“Hoffenheim had lost its identity and we are working to change that” Gisdol said. “We need a clear philosophy on the pitch that is recognizable. Hoffenheim has to be familiar, friendly and modest. “Every player has to identify 100% with the club. Every game in Bundesliga is a gift for this club.”

Former Bayer Leverkusen striker Derdiyok said he was disappointed not to have been kept on at Hoffenheim, particularly having only arrived in a €5.5 million deal last summer, but he recognized the impression Gisdol has made at the club.

“He brought structure back into the team”, Derdiyok said to Sport1. “A year ago we had completely different expectations at Hoffenheim.

“Everybody played disappointing so it can’t be just me who is to blame. I will get out of this situation if I get a new chance. I will keep my head up and work my way out of it.”
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1489074/ten-exit-hoffenheim-gisdol-shake-up?cc=5901
I wouldn't mind signing Derdiyok, or Wiese as a backup to Mignolet, assuming Reina leaves.

I think the reporter might've made a mistake there.

http://www.achtzehn99.de/tsg-take-20-first-team-players-to-westerburg-training-camp/

They've basically split the players into 2 groups for preseason training instead of released from the club.

TSG 1899 Hoffenheim will begin their preparations for the 2013/14 season with 20 players involved at the team’s first training camp. One day after Friday‘s fitness tests, manager Markus Gisdol’s side will travel to Westerburg ready to kick-off the intensive pre-season on Sunday.

The management agreed to split the squad into two groups. The decisive factor behind the split was a comprehensive analysis of last season. The second group will start their pre-season preparations with coach Sascha Koch on Monday, July 1st.

The following players are included for the training camp in Westerburg (training group 1): David Abraham, Kevin Akpoguma (new signing from Karlsruher SC), Andreas Beck, Koen Casteels, Igor De Camargo, Jens Grahl, Vincenzo Grifo, Andreas Ludwig, Roberto Firmino, Sven Schipplock, Patrick Schorr, Tobias Strobl, Niklas Süle, Robin Szarka, Jeremy Toljan, Jannik Vestergaard, Ahmed Sassi, Kenan Karaman, Tim Paterok and Fabian Hürzeler (U23, new signing from FC Bayern).

The following players were involved in international matches and so won’t join up with the squad until July 8th (training group 1): Sejad Salihovic, Fabian Johnson, Kevin Volland, Eugen Polanski, Stefan Thesker, Sebastian Rudy and Tarik Elyounoussi (new signing from Rosenborg BK). Players out injured for an unknown period of time: Boris Vukcevic.

The following players will be training in Hoffenheim from July 1st (training group 2): Eren Derdiyok, Matthieu Delpierre, Tobias Weis, Tim Wiese, Filip Malbasic, Edson Braafheid, Luis Advincula (from July 4th), Afriyie Acquah, Joselu and Matthias Jaissle. Coach: Sascha Koch.

A transcript of that Gisdol interview would probably clarify, he does make it sound as if they are making squad cuts.

A transcript of that Gisdol interview would probably clarify, he does make it sound as if they are making squad cuts.

Yeah, its in the official website's article

Looking at the size of our squad, a split was necessary. It’s the only way we can work purposefully and professionally,” said Markus Gisdol, who knows that it is “not an easy situation for the players training in the second group, but it is the only solution that dealt with the situation responsibly and fairly for all involved.”

Alexander Rosen, head of professional football at TSG: “Every player knows where they stand and can be sure that they will be granted the best possible training programme with us.”

Just thought that the term "released ten players" was a little over, at this moment in time. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom