• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Home bRANdt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
Echo headline, "Liverpool target Julian Brandt 'in talks with Bayern Munich'"

[article]Bayern Munich are reportedly preparing a swoop for Liverpool summer target Julian Brandt.

German news outlet SportsBild claim the Bundesliga side have held conversations with Brandt over a possible move to the Allianz Arena next summer, with talks "well advanced".

The suggestion is the 20-year-old will be able to leave Bayer Leverkusen for 12.5millions euros in 2018 due to a clause in his contract, which expires 12 months later.

Bayern's interest in the player has emerged as they look to rebuild their midfield amid speculation Thiago Alcantara is poised to return to former club Barcelona for next season.

Brandt is high on Jurgen Klopp's shopping list this summer as the Reds boss looks to bolster his options.

The winger has been scouted regularly this season by Liverpool, who are willing to test Leverkusen's resolve when the transfer market reopens by making a move for the £20million-rated attacker.

Brandt was recently coy when asked about his future plans, particularly when considering a move abroad.

“You can take the step, but I don’t think you have to,” he told Deutsche Welle. “Those that back themselves to do it have nothing in their way.”[/article]

@Rosco - better?

another one 2 scratch off the list. Makes you wonder why Klopp didn’t spend the extra few million on him in Jan as the club were asking.

has a German ever turned Bayern down?

seemingly EVERYONE aspires to play for them, regardless of parent club/affiliation

Fuck, that would be very bad news. How credible are SportBild?
Didnt he say something about turning them down in an earlier interview, that playing regular football was more important.

has a German ever turned Bayern down?

seemingly EVERYONE aspires to play for them, regardless of parent club/affiliation

Well, they are always fighting for title and are always in the latter stages of the CL. 72k people watching you in that great stadium. Hard to turn down.

sure but would a Liverpool player join utd , who have a greater viewership , not many spuds joi the gooners either

I understand the allure of the club etc it just surprises me how insular germanic players are, given they could earn more, play in better leagues and have greater fanbases outside the German league

sure but would a Liverpool player join utd , who have a greater viewership , not many spuds joi the gooners either

I understand the allure of the club etc it just surprises me how insular germanic players are, given they could earn more, play in better leagues and have greater fanbases outside the German league
The same could be leveled at English/British/Irish players.
They rarely seem to set their ambitions higher than playing for a top premier league team though of course the attractive wages will account for much of this

CD: Jon Tah
LD: Kolasinac
DM: Johannes Geis
CM: Leon Goretzka
WF: Brandt back up: Forsberg

cost: about £150 million

Or just raid Southampton like we usually do:

CD: Van Dijk
LD: Bertrand
DM: Romeu
CM: Tadic
WF: Redmond

Cost: about £400 million

The same could be leveled at English/British/Irish players.
They rarely seem to set their ambitions higher than playing for a top premier league team though of course the attractive wages will account for much of this

name a world class British player that hasn't left to join real Madrid / barca or historically a top Italian side when the opportunity arose?

Beckham,bale , Owen, Macca , im not sure there's been many who haven't turned down overtures from a top Spanish side who weren't 'one-club for life ' types. Essentially , utd definitely isn't the limit for players both domestic and foreign in Britain

and that is without even discussing how infinitely more competitive and exciting the premier league is , its the best football league in the world , so im not even sure the original argument is valid

name a world class British player that hasn't left to join real Madrid / barca or historically a top Italian side when the opportunity arose?

liverpools-steven-gerrard-shrugs-his-shoulders-after-scoring-a-goal-picture-id650960214

CD: Jon Tah
LD: Kolasinac
DM: Johannes Geis
CM: Leon Goretzka
WF: Brandt back up: Forsberg

cost: about £150 million

Or just raid Southampton like we usually do:

CD: Van Dijk
LD: Bertrand
DM: Romeu
CM: Tadic
WF: Redmond

Cost: about £400 million

How is Forsberg doing these days? Still owning Modo?

Seems as though Sportbild arent known for their reliability. Thats a bit of a positive at least, before someone else runs this story.
But its quite obvious that some top teams will be interested in Brandt. If we are to have any chance, then we need CL football.

Beckham,bale , Owen, Macca , im not sure there's been many who haven't turned down overtures from a top Spanish side who weren't 'one-club for life ' types. Essentially , utd definitely isn't the limit for players both domestic and foreign in Britain

and that is without even discussing how infinitely more competitive and exciting the premier league is , its the best football league in the world , so im not even sure the original argument is valid

I suppose that's fair enough, but Beckham's decision, for example, was made for him.

But if you're looking at the best players at the top teams in the Premiership, there's probably still only a handful of clubs that would be able to get those players to move: Bayern, Real, Barca and possibly PSG for the money. Maybe Juve or one of the Milan clubs at a push.

And then anywhere in China if money is all that matters.

I am not quite sure what you are saying.
Is it that there have been much less British/ Irish world class talent in the last twenty years?
I suspect that there have been more German players for Real/ Barcelona/ Juve etc than there have been British and Irish in the last twenty years.
Or indeed German players in other national leagues compared with British/Irish players.
I am not sure if that is a reflection on the quality of the players, or the wages available in the Premier league, or a mixture of both.

If Bayern were as serious as us about making Brandt a priority, then of course they would get him. But I doubt that they are. Their squad is already loaded with world-class attacking players; their big German media star is Thomas Muller, who always gets restless when he gets shortchanged of playing time; they already have Renato Sanchez and Kimmich as their 2 long-term "projects" – how can they possibly guarantee Brandt ample playing time? It would make much more sense for him to come and play for Klopp, who clearly is a fan and has a great reputation for developing young players in Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom