• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hope our new kit turns out better than this

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite a relief to see all of the fiddly white stripes go. All red harks back to Shanks' original idea. It's hard to see if it's the right shade of red - the last time we had that was 2005 - but it looks pretty good.

Handsome

skrtel2_4f967011edb89473745099.jpg

I know its just a football shirt. And ultimately not of massive import, but I honestly am really chuffed about it.
It just shows a level of caring that I didnt think the owners would have.
Theres a smidge of history in it. It doesnt look like a modern football shirt, it doesnt look like a development of ideas. It looks like a piece of retro chic.
I cant tell what the meterial is but it looks like the thin t-shirt material that England shirts of late have been made of?
Delighted and surprised.
Our nicest kit in a long long time.

I know its just a football shirt. And ultimately not of massive import, but I honestly am really chuffed about it.
It just shows a level of caring that I didnt think the owners would have.

You do realise that John W and Tom didn't design it don't you?

"Right John; some period red, white stripes, fuck the badge on in the corner, and whack the bank's cunting logo on the middle. Done yeah?"

"No no NO Tom, you're not getting it. We've got to get the essence of Liverpool onto this shirt. We need it's raw emotion, it's unparralleled histroy, it's troubled past. We need all of that in some red polyester and gold corporate letters. And only then can we justify charging 50 fucking quid for it"

THEY CARE!

I know, and I share Oncy's excitement cos it is a decent kit. I just couldn't get that idea of those two "caring" about the shirt design outta my head.

I quite like it. If I buy it or not depends on what material it is made from. Wearing a football top here makes me sweat like a paedophile in a barney suit.

I like that, the fabric looks decent aswell. It seems to have taken a bit of stick on Facebook, do people just rip into kits for the sake of it or is it merely just a taste thing?

I like that, the fabric looks decent aswell. It seems to have taken a bit of stick on Facebook, do people just rip into kits for the sake of it or is it merely just a taste thing?

Its a taste thing, someone posted a fake kit that was truly horrific & loads of people commentated on how 'sick' it was, & meant it in a good way.

Can you get them without the sponsor?

Doubt it, was easy when it was carlsberg cos they had to sell some with no sponsor so people who couldn't drink alcohol for religious reasons could wear it. I never understood that madness TBH.

Just found out the club website & shop went down last night following the unveiling.

For the love of God will this club ever be run professionally?!

Just found out the club website & shop went down last night following the unveiling.

For the love of God will this club ever be run professionally?!
I was trying at midnight to no avail

I came to this thread to see it

I was trying at midnight to no avail

I came to this thread to see it

That's fucking shocking, isn't it?!

Its not like the unveiling wasn't planned, so they knew there would be a massive spike in interest at exactly what time.

There's no excuse. Pitiful.

That's fucking shocking, isn't it?!

Its not like the unveiling wasn't planned, so they knew there would be a massive spike in interest at exactly what time.

There's no excuse. Pitiful.
And thusly Cotton was sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom