• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

hotmail and live.ie email addresses

dee

Part of the Furniture
Administrator
Having swapped IP address because Microsoft were banning it (and made a mess of it!) I now find they are banning our new IP address. Can't be arsed swapping again as I'm sure they'll just continue to ban us for whatever reason.

Can anyone using a hotmail or live.ie email change it please. In particular @binomial who gets the vast majority of the traffic (probably the reason we're banned lol!)

Having swapped IP address because Microsoft were banning it (and made a mess of it!) I now find they are banning our new IP address. Can't be arsed swapping again as I'm sure they'll just continue to ban us for whatever reason.

Can anyone using a hotmail or live.ie email change it please. In particular @binomial who gets the vast majority of the traffic (probably the reason we're banned lol!)
Thanks @binomial. Appreciated

So as a polite warning the following active users have hotmail addresses and won't be able to access the site if they forget their password (hotmail will bounce the password reset request):

@aquaman4, @are we back?, @Atlas, @Bob Loblaw, @Brizzle, @DCH, @DHSC, @dogboy, @Domsun, @Dreambeliever, @El Pistolero, @Frogfish, @gene hughes, @Got the moves like Carra, @Halmeister, @Hansern, @Hyena, @Irish_Red, @iseered, @James, @Jerry Laser, @jexykrodic, @Jimbob, @johnj147, @Jürgen4PM, @KingDing, @KopRed, @krissr, @mark1975, @Mistadobalina, @Mojo, @Molbystwin, @Mors, @peterhague, @Red Mullet, @redblack7, @refugee, @rubans, @Shadey, @Silver Sean, @singlerider, @Squiggles, @SummerOnions, @The Slugmonster, @tomasjj, @tom_palin, @vikas, @white-sox, @YNWA, @Zlate

@ajco07, @Donavan Ried & @Irishanfield have live addresses which are also affected

Last edited:
Not sure if this has changed in the last few years, but I think I know what this might be. Microsoft starts with an assumption that any new IP is bad and will make it good if enough people say it's good. Google does the opposite, assume they're good until proven otherwise. If you can get anyone on that list to mark the emails not as spam, it will learn that your IP is good over time. Didn't think you would have that many emails being sent, but maybe. If you use an already warmed up IP, you won't have this issue.

Yeh that's my theory..
We need to enable an unsubscribe option, are emails don't currently carry..

So the only option in to users. Is to mark as spam..

Unless they sign in and say not receive correspondence and newsletter that it's

Back
Top Bottom