• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll How many points will be needed to win the league

Prefix for Poll Threads

Eventual tally of points for the eventual winner

• 79-83

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 84-87

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • 88-89

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • 90-92

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • 93+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We play them in the middle of this run for City:

Chelsea (H)
Bournemouth (A)
United (H)
CL second leg
Liverpool (A)
Brighton (A)
Arsenal (H)
Villa (H)

Let's hope they've been given a tough test in the games up until ours, and that we take the three points and leave them rattled going into three tough fixtures afterwards.
Fingers crossed so hard they are breaking ... City may need to play a full strength side and at full pelt for the CL 2nd leg, hopefully they have a very tough draw for that tie.

Hang on, we have 13 wins to City's 12 (played one game less). 1 defeat (robbed by VAR at Spurs) to City's 4 defeats. So as it stands it's clear that for wins there's nothing in it however we tend to draw games City lose. Long may it continue.
Do the maths on the years we came 2nd by 1 point, and tell me if a draw should be worth more? Not losing should be worth more than 1 point.

No as a draw is worth 2 more than a loss.
Duh

Go rewrite the table with your points scheme and see how it is exactly the same. The try it with 100 points for a draw and 300 for a win & see how that changes things.
Try again with 0 - 73 - 219 if you like

Eventually you will see it is about proportionate, and not absolute, values

Jaysus the mathemetical levels of this forum are mind boggling at times

Do the maths on the years we came 2nd by 1 point, and tell me if a draw should be worth more? Not losing should be worth more than 1 point.
I don't care what a draw is worth - we all play to the same rules. I haven't even entered that debate. Clearly my issue was with you saying City win more games than us - which isn't the case this season (to date).

Duh

Go rewrite the table with your points scheme and see how it is exactly the same. The try it with 100 points for a draw and 300 for a win & see how that changes things.
Try again with 0 - 73 - 219 if you like

Eventually you will see it is about proportionate, and not absolute, values

Jaysus the mathemetical levels of this forum are mind boggling at times
Would three points for a draw and nine for a win work?
I actually thought Dreamy was taking the mick and I am sure he will claim he was when the penny drops but I 'm not so sure he was now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom