• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Interesting Young Players

I'm hearing good things about Gerald Sithole at Bolton.
I really, really hope we sign him.

Samed Bazdar - 19 year old Serbian u21 national playing for Partizan...another club known for their productivity in delivering great players.

Plays mostly as a centre forward but likes to drop a little deeper in the 10 and also drift out in wide areas.....valued around 5-6m, nothing standing in our way from signing him.

Do Watford and Fluminense have some sort of partnership? Yet another transfer between the 2 clubs: Richarlison, Joao Pedro, Matheus Martins

Well you build relationships with teams along the way don't you once you buy a player from them, kinda like we do with Southampton. Pedro and Richarlison both worked out well for Watford, so why not go for more.

& a bit like how we'll never have with any of them because we don't fucking wanna sign any of their talents.

Well you build relationships with teams along the way don't you once you buy a player from them, kinda like we do with Southampton. Pedro and Richarlison both worked out well for Watford, so why not go for more.

& a bit like how we'll never have with any of them because we don't fucking wanna sign any of their talents.

Disappointing for a club of our stature...

Fabian Rieder - 21 year old Swiss midfielder for BSC Young Boys.

Stats:

https://footystats.org/players/switzerland/fabian-rieder

Just scored again today on the brink of half-time.

1 goal and 1 assist in 3 league games (scored 7 and assisted 4 in 31 league starts last season)

Disappointing for a club of our stature...

Just scored again today on the brink of half-time.

1 goal and 1 assist in 3 league games (scored 7 and assisted 4 in 31 league starts last season)
It is what it is KB, maybe in time once we have the right personnel at the club it's a gap in the market we can look to explore.

I reckon in the next year or 2 Rieder will be playing at a club in Germany, maybe a Union Berlin or Gladbach & he'll go for about £10m where they're managed by Swiss nationals and will be one of those that fly under the radar (unless Bayern/BVB are in need of a CM)

Blackburn may be worth following for young talents. Just sold Ashley Phillips to Tottenham for £3m today (capitalizing on lower league's financial issues may be a good way to boost homegrown figures). Financially issues forcing Tomasson's hands. 3 of the front 4 who started today are 21 or below. Meanwhile, Wharton, who came on for the last 30 mins is 19.

19 yr old Harry Leonard:

Blackburn may be worth following for young talents. Just sold Ashley Phillips to Tottenham for £3m today (capitalizing on lower league's financial issues may be a good way to boost homegrown figures). Financially issues forcing Tomasson's hands. 3 of the front 4 who started today are 21 or below. Meanwhile, Wharton, who came on for the last 30 mins is 19.

19 yr old Harry Leonard:

I watched that game. Leonard looked like a handful. Also quite hardworking

Surprised it’s not someone you’ve mentioned previously BB…..or isn’t it?
Nope... last 18M only midfielders, prior to that it was strikers ( and I had mentioned Nunez, Gakpo and Fabs before we signed them).
The list of DMFs is getting smaller;
I haven't really bothered to look at the Italian League due to our past failures, and that's Samuele Ricci. €25m will get him over the line. Just turned 21 so good for another season.
However the list or realistic CDMs the club could go for after Lavia is dwindling really fast
Thuram
Kone
Fofana
Camara

Lucas Gourna-Douath
Xaver Schlager
Amadou Haidara
Alvarez
Mats Weiffer
Andre

Fofana and Camara play in the French League so that rules them out. Samuele Ricci is Italian, so that rules him out. Alvarez asking price is close to £50m, so that rules him out. Other than Andre we've had links to the others

Great post Binny.

Ernest Nuamah looks extremely promising. I’d defo still want us to sign Kudus (really love him as a player) now with Ajax, but I think Isaksen is too light-weight at this point.

Aral Simsir from FCM (same club as Isaksen) is one of the most promising prospects in the Danish league alongside Ernest, Diomande (both FC Nordsjælland), Clem, Jelert, Roony (FC Copenhagen) and Slotsager (17yo defender from OB).

Simsir reminds me of the driblers/10s of “old” like Del Piero, Figo etc. Such a joy to watch.

Isaksen going to Lazio for €16m. Interesting to see how he does under Sarri.

Last edited:
Bilal El Khannous - Genk

Was voted the best young player in the Belgian League last year, just turned 19.

Back
Top Bottom