• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jan Transfer Window (rumours, wishes, exists and formation change)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@JamesPearceLFC - @TheAthleticFC: Liverpool will assess their options in the transfer market ahead of the January window opening at New Year but as things stand Nunez, Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino must provide the firepower they need to climb back into the Top

Come on Dmish, technical ability?
Hendo is afraid of turning with the ball when he gets it. He does the classic Hendo pass back.

Amrbat however, does it for fun. Turns defence into attack all the time.

What worries me is if he will have the same fire in him when he's at LFC. I mean some just play better for their national teams.

Have to say the way he does those 180 turns did make me laugh a bit... he's so careful and slow with it.

We need a couple "carry the piano" midfielders in addition to a really good one. Lots of running is good, decent tackle, and can shield the ball. Sure, this guy. Fine. As long as it keeps coming.

From what I've seen of him at the WC he'd defo be worth taking a punt on, he may never be a regular in the side especially if we get our main targets but as a squad option
he'd be great.

I'd be very happy with him + Enzo/Jude if we can't get both Enzo and Jude.

We need a couple "carry the piano" midfielders in addition to a really good one. Lots of running is good, decent tackle, and can shield the ball. Sure, this guy. Fine. As long as it keeps coming.
So just like Elliott you mean (yes of course not the same position but those are the same qualities).

So just like Elliott you mean (yes of course not the same position but those are the same qualities).

Not really.

If you were looking to buy a midfielder with those qualities in mind, Elliot wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the list.

We are looking to develop Elliot so that he gets better at doing all that but he's being persevered with primarily due to his creative instincts.

DaveOCKOP
@DaveOCKOP
·
1h

BREAKING: Liverpool have an agreement in principle to sign Enzo Fernandez in June 2023 according to reports in Argentina.

I'm not sure why people are getting cold feet? Look at what we have at the moment - he is an improvement.. Is there a chance he could stink and fail course there is, but that's with any signing. Some people here couldn't contain themselves, and were smiling like Cheshire cats at the signing of Fredrico Chiesa.
If the €30m fee is what he is available at, I'd get him. Take the risk. I's rather Amrabat over the Sheff W player

Ranked #23 by Between the Lines in a list of 25 Top African Youngsters in 2017*

[article]
2017 has been an interesting year for Sofyan Amrabat so far. On the back of a successful debut full season with FC Utrecht (finishing in 4th place in the Dutch Eredivisie), it became clear that the 21 year-old Dutch-Moroccan footballer was set to depart Utreg with Watford, who had his older brother Nordin in their squad calling for the signing. However, it was Feyenoord who swooped in first, paying around €4 million for the Moroccan international.
Additionally, much speculation and intrigue surrounded Amrabat on whether he would play internationally for Morocco or the Oranje. He had been called up for an international friendly vs. Tunisia in March by the Atlas Lions manager Herve Renard. But he still was eligible to be called up by the KNVB in the final internationals week of the year. Much discussion prior to this surrounded the subject of dual passport-holding professional footballers. With the KNVB in a period of transition, missing their second consecutive major tournament, and with much debate on how to develop and find the young, future senior internationals of Holland, Sofyan Amrabat became a poster boy for this future Oranje star. Born in the town of Huizen to Moroccan parents, Amrabat joined the Utrecht academy at the age of 11 and made his first team debut in 2014 as a substitute against Vitesse. He switched back and forth between the first team and U21’s for the next two years, but last season, he became a permanent member of Erik ten Hag’s squad.

When Bart Ramselaar moved from Utrecht to PSV in the summer of 2016, the question was who the club was going to purchase to replace Ramselaar. Manager Erik ten Hag had the answer: he didn’t see the need to spend money on a new player and saw the 20-year-old Sofyan Amrabat as Ramselaar’s successor. He was not as technically refined as Ramselaar and he played the position of central midfielder in FC Utrecht’s 4-4-2 system in a different manner than his predecessor. But Amrabat shined in the right-sided midfield role of Ten Hag’s 3-man-midfield, whereby he and his opposite midfielder at the #8 countryman Yassin Ayoub were allowed to freely attack & rotate within the half-spaces.

A hugely talented midfielder, Amrabat is comfortable playing in the centre or in front of the defence. The midfielder is a typical box-to-box midfielder who can do his part, both defensively and offensively. He has exceptional technique on the ball with his vision and passing ability a major asset to Utrecht’s 2016-17 season. He is tall and elegant with the ball at his feet and seems to glide on the pitch at times as he strides forward. Amrabat is also tenacious when not in possession and is terrier-like when trying to win the ball back.

Since his move to Feyenoord this year, Amrabat has played in his familiar central midfield #8 role though he has been chalked up recently to play right back in recent matches in the Eredivisie for Feyenoord. He usually deputizes at right back when manager Giovanni van Bronckhorst starts Jens Toornstra at the #8. In this role role, Amrabat can exhibit the range of his passing ability and his combativeness in duels. He comes from a unique tactical base where at FC Utrecht, his #8 role would be inclined to occupy the attacking half space pocket outside the box and play in crosses and through balls in the box like a right back would. After enjoying a successful string of starts on the right side, he had one of his worst performances of his career featuring at right back vs. Ajax in the De Klassieker home match at De Kuip, where Feyenoord lost 4-1.

After Feyenoord won their first league title since 1999, it was a logical step for the talented midfielder to move to one of the Big 3 in the Netherlands. Needing reinforcements to a squad competing in three competitions, De Trots van Zuid will hope that Amrabat will continue to grow into the squad as he will get called into the first team on a regular basis. His versatility and technical skills will be showcased, but his lack of tactical understanding will also be exposed-especially in the Champions League, when facing off against sundry tactical gameplans, be it Maurizio Sarri’s Napoli, Paulo Fonseca’s Shakhtar or Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City. By October 31, it became official that Amrabat will play for Morocco as Renard called him up for the last World Cup Qualifier vs. the Ivory Coast.

Reportedly, Dutch manager Dick Advocaat had met with the player and his agent to try to convince him to play for the Oranje, but he always had it in his heart to play for the Atlas Lions. He joins Hakim Ziyech and Feyenoord teammate Karim El Ahmadi in leading Dutch-born talent to join up with the Lions in hopeful qualification into the World Cup, which would be their first since 1986.

By: Victor Charnetsky/@VanDerCharks
[/article]

*Disclaimer: No.1 on this list was Naby Keita

I can’t believe it’s the 16th December and we haven’t made any January signings yet.

WTF is going on - it’s a disgrace!!!

I blame Trent and the medical team.

Endrick, 16 years old, to Real Madrid for 60 mill £. Probably the biggest talent in Brazil and the next big thing.
Moves to Madrid in 2024.

Media outlet saying we're interested in Matheus Cunha on loan. As a stop gap I am okay with, as I front 3 particularly Bobby will likely be out by Feb with injury. His stats this season is poor, but go back to 20/21 and 21/22 he was decent

Age 23

20/21
[xtable=skin1|282x150]
{thead}
{tr}
{th=colspan:2}Competition{/th}
{th}GP{/th}
{th=15.25x@}G{/th}
{th}A{/th}
{th} {/th}
{th} {/th}
{th} {/th}
{th}TMP{/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tfoot}
{tr}
{td=colspan:2}Total 20/21:{/td}
{td}28{/td}
{td=15.25x@}8{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td}9{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}2.242'{/td}
{/tr}
{/tfoot}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}
l1.png
{/td}
{td}Bundesliga{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td=15.25x@}7{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}9{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}2.152'{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
dfb.png
{/td}
{td}DFB-Pokal{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td=15.25x@}1{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}90{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
[xtable=skin1|242x150]
{thead}
{tr}
{th}Played as...{/th}
{th}GP{/th}
{th}G{/th}
{th}A{/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Left Winger{/td}
{td}15{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Attacking Midfield{/td}
{td}6{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Centre-Forward{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Second Striker{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
21/22
[xtable=skin1|330x181]
{thead}
{tr}
{th=colspan:2}Competition{/th}
{th}GP{/th}
{th}G{/th}
{th}A{/th}
{th} {/th}
{th} {/th}
{th} {/th}
{th}TMP{/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tfoot}
{tr}
{td=colspan:2}Total 21/22:{/td}
{td}38{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}1.341'{/td}
{/tr}
{/tfoot}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}
es1.png
{/td}
{td}LaLiga{/td}
{td}29{/td}
{td}6{/td}
{td}6{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}1.050'{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
cl.png
{/td}
{td}Champions League{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}141'{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
cdr.png
{/td}
{td}Copa del Rey{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}80'{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
l1.png
{/td}
{td}Bundesliga{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}65'{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
suc.png
{/td}
{td}Supercopa{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}5'{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
[xtable=skin1|261x152]
{thead}
{tr}
{th}Played as...{/th}
{th}GP{/th}
{th}G{/th}
{th}A{/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Centre-Forward{/td}
{td}32{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Right Winger{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Left Winger{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Right Midfield{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Second Striker{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
GP = Games Played
G = Goals
A= Assists
TMP= Total Minutes Played

Injury History

[xtable=skin1|420x607]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th}Season{/th}
{th}Injury{/th}
{th}from{/th}
{th}until{/th}
{th}Days{/th}
{th}Games missed{/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}22/23{/td}
{td}Muscle Injury{/td}
{td}Sep 2, 2022{/td}
{td}Sep 9, 2022{/td}
{td}7 days{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}21/22{/td}
{td}Knee Injury{/td}
{td}Feb 17, 2022{/td}
{td}Mar 31, 2022{/td}
{td}42 days{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}21/22{/td}
{td}Muscle Injury{/td}
{td}Oct 1, 2021{/td}
{td}Oct 18, 2021{/td}
{td}17 days{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}20/21{/td}
{td}Ankle Injury{/td}
{td}May 10, 2021{/td}
{td}Jun 13, 2021{/td}
{td}34 days{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}20/21{/td}
{td}Hamstring Injury{/td}
{td}Feb 28, 2021{/td}
{td}Mar 15, 2021{/td}
{td}15 days{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}20/21{/td}
{td}groin strain{/td}
{td}Jan 9, 2021{/td}
{td}Jan 14, 2021{/td}
{td}5 days{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}19/20{/td}
{td}Concussion{/td}
{td}May 28, 2020{/td}
{td}Jun 10, 2020{/td}
{td}13 days{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}19/20{/td}
{td}Quarantine{/td}
{td}Mar 17, 2020{/td}
{td}Mar 31, 2020{/td}
{td}14 days{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}19/20{/td}
{td}Ill{/td}
{td}Jan 19, 2020{/td}
{td}Jan 22, 2020{/td}
{td}3 days{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Endrick, 16 years old, to Real Madrid for 60 mill £. Probably the biggest talent in Brazil and the next big thing.
Moves to Madrid in 2024.
Put that in the young players thread yesterday. There were rumours of a 'no haaland' clause too.

Those guys were a little bit older from memory but yeah, can't fault their strategy over the last several years (Hazard blip aside).

Vinicius made his debut in May 2017. Madrid made a deal with Flamengo around that time with an obligation to buy the player in summer of 2018. Rodrygo had played for atleast a year for Santos before Madrid moved for him. Those are the notable successes. But then there is Reinier Jesus who hasn't lived up to the promise until now.

60 million is a lot of money but I am suspecting a big chunk of it will be based on appearances and other targets. Still it is a lot of money.

The guy looks like he can play anywhere in MF. I personally at this stage only care about transfers we can make this Winter.

[article]
Sofyan Amrabat’s agents are reportedly pushing him to join Premier League giants Liverpool in the January transfer window.
That’s according to Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio who told Soccer News that Liverpool is the preferred destination for the Morocco World Cup star’s agent – stellar.
West Ham boss David Moyes allegedly wants to bring the 26-year-old Fiorentina star to the London Stadium this winter.
Amrabat will cost around €50 million (£43 million) according to a report from La Repubblica.

The Fiorentina star is a truly incredible midfielder, and he would be the perfect signing for the Hammers in January.
Unfortunately for us, it seems as though Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is in pole position to bring him to Anfield…
Sofyan Amrabat’s agents pushing him to join Liverpool

The 26-year-old really stood out for Morocco during their incredible run to the World Cup semi-final out in Qatar.
As a result, the likes of West Ham and Liverpool allegedly want to sign him (The Express).
But Di Marzio has told Soccer News that Amrabat’s agents are trying to push him to join Liverpool. The Italian suggests that a move to Anfield would be a dream for the player as well:
He has all the characteristics he needs to play under Anonio Conte. But at the moment they are very happy with Bentancur, and he plays in the same position. But I think Amrabat’s agency, Stellar, is going to make an attempt to bring him to Liverpool in the Premier League. Everyone sees something in that, it would be the agency’s dream as well as that of the player in question. And Klopp wants to capture a new central midfielder… There have been talks but no official moves yet.
If that is indeed true, West Ham will have no chance of signing the Fiorentina midfielder.
It was a nice dream while it lasted!
Sofyan Amrabat’s agents are reportedly pushing him to join Liverpool.
So it will be no surprise to see the Moroccan move to Anfield in January.
[/article]

The guy looks like he can play anywhere in MF. I personally at this stage only care about transfers we can make this Winter.

[article]
Sofyan Amrabat’s agents are reportedly pushing him to join Premier League giants Liverpool in the January transfer window.
That’s according to Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio who told Soccer News that Liverpool is the preferred destination for the Morocco World Cup star’s agent – stellar.
West Ham boss David Moyes allegedly wants to bring the 26-year-old Fiorentina star to the London Stadium this winter.
Amrabat will cost around €50 million (£43 million) according to a report from La Repubblica.

The Fiorentina star is a truly incredible midfielder, and he would be the perfect signing for the Hammers in January.
Unfortunately for us, it seems as though Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is in pole position to bring him to Anfield…
Sofyan Amrabat’s agents pushing him to join Liverpool

The 26-year-old really stood out for Morocco during their incredible run to the World Cup semi-final out in Qatar.
As a result, the likes of West Ham and Liverpool allegedly want to sign him (The Express).
But Di Marzio has told Soccer News that Amrabat’s agents are trying to push him to join Liverpool. The Italian suggests that a move to Anfield would be a dream for the player as well:
He has all the characteristics he needs to play under Anonio Conte. But at the moment they are very happy with Bentancur, and he plays in the same position. But I think Amrabat’s agency, Stellar, is going to make an attempt to bring him to Liverpool in the Premier League. Everyone sees something in that, it would be the agency’s dream as well as that of the player in question. And Klopp wants to capture a new central midfielder… There have been talks but no official moves yet.
If that is indeed true, West Ham will have no chance of signing the Fiorentina midfielder.
It was a nice dream while it lasted!
Sofyan Amrabat’s agents are reportedly pushing him to join Liverpool.
So it will be no surprise to see the Moroccan move to Anfield in January.
[/article]

Have you booked any therapy to help cope with the lack of signings we’ll be making in January?

Ounahi is definitely the type of midfielder we need, not sure if he's the right choice though.
Also we've already got Harvey and Carvey.

I think i was the first person who mentioned Ounahi, while everyone was raving about Amrabat, so both of you can back off. You're not stealing my credit*

*if we do sign him, obv. If we don't, you can frame his pic on your wall, i dont care.

Have you booked any therapy to help cope with the lack of signings we’ll be making in January?
Considering I was going on about the size of the squad and either needing to sell players no wants or deregister players, so nope, I wouldn't at all be surprised if we signed no one. After the AC Milan game, the club are probably thinking Ox, Naby and along with kids they'll have enough squad depth to hobble into top the 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom