• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

January/summer targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop baiting Piers lads.
I know he's above the rules around here with the mods rimming him at every opportunity but give the poor man a break.
He's under pressure with falling sales etc.

Stop baiting Piers lads.
I know he's above the rules around here with the mods rimming him at every opportunity but give the poor man a break.
He's under pressure with falling sales etc.

I've put him on ignore. Couldnt be bothered with the same repetitive drivel anymore. The forum is enjoyable again now that it "strangely" enough isnt centered around only Origi and Firmino.

Leed's left back Chris Taylor

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....tunnel-for-injured-left-back-taylor-1-8368688
[article]United’s current player of the year was expected to attract firm bids last month having entered the last six months of his deal and declined invitations to discuss a contract extension, but an injury suffered in a 1-0 win over Brentford on December 17 sidelined him throughout January. Liverpool and West Bromwich Albion are continuing to monitor Taylor with a view to signing him for a tribunal fee when his contract at Elland Road expires in June, but Monk intends to use him during the Championship run-in and hopes Taylor will rejoin the season quickly after returning to full training.[/article]

Media full of Benitez and Newcastle. He's apparently rather angry that he didn't get any players in the transfer window. We know how this usually goes...

Media full of Benitez and Newcastle. He's apparently rather angry that he didn't get any players in the transfer window. We know how this usually goes...

Not without justification to be fair.

Leed's left back Chris Taylor

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....tunnel-for-injured-left-back-taylor-1-8368688
[article]United’s current player of the year was expected to attract firm bids last month having entered the last six months of his deal and declined invitations to discuss a contract extension, but an injury suffered in a 1-0 win over Brentford on December 17 sidelined him throughout January. Liverpool and West Bromwich Albion are continuing to monitor Taylor with a view to signing him for a tribunal fee when his contract at Elland Road expires in June, but Monk intends to use him during the Championship run-in and hopes Taylor will rejoin the season quickly after returning to full training.[/article]
Minor point but it's Charlie Taylor, and he's definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Yeah, he wanted to bring back a player that was only sold in summer, which suggests a rather less than joined-up transfer policy and process.

I suspect he didn't want the player sold in the first place.

Didn't he make a massive profit in sales in the summer - like £30m - not unreasonable to expect it to be re-invested.

Suppose that's what you get for working for a prick like Ashley - Benitez will probably walk at the end of the season regardless of whether he gets them promoted.

Minor point but it's Charlie Taylor, and he's definitely worth keeping an eye on.
Opps, thanks for pointing out. Realized he's turning 24 soon. Guess his next move ought to be to a club where he can continue being a starting XI player.

Didn't he make a massive profit in sales in the summer - like £30m - not unreasonable to expect it to be re-invested.

Suppose that's what you get for working for a prick like Ashley - Benitez will probably walk at the end of the season regardless of whether he gets them promoted.

Yeah. Crystal Palace triggered his £13million release clause after Newcastle's relegation and the player wanted to remain in top flight football.

He did make a profit, largely due to the sales of Wijnaldum, Sissoko and Townsend

But it still seems so very typically Benitez (and Newcastle) to be so dysfunctional that he wanted to bring back a player he had sold only six months previously for £2m more

It doesn't really scream 'coherent and clear lines of communication' does it?

And also makes a mockery of the claim he made that he was 'in charge of all things to do with footballer', as if that wasn't ridiculous enough at a club like Newcastle

It seems very stupid for a club like that to annoy the best manager they've had since Robson, especially now

I reckon he'd stay if he gets the assurances he wants and is convinced by them. How likely those things are to happen is another matter though.

BBC Sport@BBCSport 12m12 minutes ago
More
'I will not quit'. Rafa Benitez has got some good news for Newcastle fans. Watch: http://bbc.in/2l5sVld
C3wgdd8WMAAolCm.jpg

Benitez falls out with every owner he works for. He was always going to fall out with someone like Ashley.

Yeah, but I meant that knowing that about him would make Newcastle ameliorate any such tensions as much as possible

They need him more than he needs them

This seems typically suicidal behaviour from Ashley and his cronies

Break the bank for Jan Oblak. And see if Diego Godin fancies a move too. Need some proper snide at the back.

According to El Mundo Deportivo Mourinho is no longer said to be interested in Antoine Griezmann but has asked the owners to get him striker Kasper Dolberg from Ajax.

United will face competition for his signature from a host of clubs, and they go on to mention: Everton, Manchester City, Chelsea, Napoli, Juve and Dortmund.

Barcelona and Bayern has both been mentioned of late as well.

Simply can't underline how impressed I am with how we have managed to stay under the radar here, knowing he's our number one target for the Summer.*

*That last part may or may not be something I've just made up.

Liverpool are thought to be leading the race to sign Championship duo Ryan Sessegnon of Fulham and Ben Brereton of Nottingham Forest, as reported by the Mirror.
The report suggests that Liverpool will look to make a summer move for the Forest youngster, Brereton, after having a £2.5 million bid rejected late in the January transfer window.
The striker broke onto the scene against Aston Villa when he scored a late winner for Forest to secure a 2-1 win after coming from behind.
The goal was the 17-year-old’s first for the club after he came through the ranks at Forest. The young forward is also thought to be attracting the attention of Manchester United.
Meanwhile, the Mirror quote Squawka, who are suggesting Liverpool will need to pay somewhere in the region of £15 million for the Fulham defender Sessegnon, who is highly rated within the Championship.
Jurgen Klopp has been less than impressed with Alberto Moreno during his time at Liverpool and is searching for an alternative.
Manchester City, Tottenham, Arsenal and Manchester United are all interested in signing the 16-year-old.

@Pesam , Sessegnon looks a fantastic prospect, seen much of him?

Thread locked because the usual suspects who insist in having these threads can't use them properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom