• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Keep Suarez?

Sell?

• YES

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • NO

Votes: 135 87.7%

• Total voters
Des Lynam wrote an article that was posted earlier in the thread that made the claim that there was handbags in the tunnel at half time.

But lets face it, if that did happen, it might explain what Suarez did but it doesn't excuse it. Irregardless (see what I did there??) of what actually happened, we're better off letting this lie. Saying anything else will let the morons (and Ross) have another excuse to try and have a field day on the troll bridge.

What the flying fuck is "irregardless"?

In view of the fact that you were of the opinion that he got 10 matches because of his "previous", did you not find it interesting that that was not the case?

And because it was trending on Twitter. And because he was still on the pitch to score the equalising goal?

And because it was trending on Twitter. And because he was still on the pitch to score the equalising goal?

There were three journos on talkshite saying suarez should have had ten games (all waxed lyrical about how evil he was) then said the fa were laughable throughout this & the report & reasons given for the ten games was 'absolute twaddle', 'nonsensical' & 'said nothing that mattered over 21 pages of rambling'.

It was mentioned. Are you saying they lied when they said that his previous record was not taken into consideration.

Yes.

It's written in the rules what they are allowed to consider, if they stray outside it in the written reasons then you have an easy appeal on your hands.

Do you think his previous bite, racial abuse charge, and general all round shitty behaviour weren't at the back of their minds when they were deciding?

It doesnt really matter what I think. They say in their report, quite clearly, that they did not take his previous record into consideration.

So they lied.

It's the balance of probabilities.

The long established standard of proof required in civil cases. You weigh up the evidence of both sides and decide which is more likely to be true.

Absolutely outrageous, I know.

This case didn't require a law of probability rule. We all knew he bit him. We all know he has a track record, which we were led to believe was being ignored. I can't see where the law of probability comes into it. The only thing the had to decide on, was the number of games to ban him from.

It's the balance of probabilities.

The long established standard of proof required in civil cases. You weigh up the evidence of both sides and decide which is more likely to be true.

Absolutely outrageous, I know.

Ah yes, that type of bullshit is what gives legal people jobs to do. I have no use for them because when I issue legal proceedings they will end in accordance with CPR part 24. That's the way it goes when you fuck with Dantes.

The court may give summary judgment against a claimant or defendant on the whole of a claim or on a particular issue if –
(a) it considers that –
(i) that claimant has no real prospect of succeeding on the claim or issue; or
(ii) that defendant has no real prospect of successfully defending the claim or issue

My Lord, for lack of a better phrase, the defendant is getting fucked today. I respectfully invite him to state his preference as to which hole he would like to get fucked in. Thank you my Lord.

Looking at it again, the club has probably weighed up the lost shirt sales in the far east if Suarez were to appeal. Compared that to the increased ticket sales if he were to play in 6 or 7 extra games. And, on the balance of probabilities, made the right decision.

Stats before last weekend's matches:

involvement.jpg

Yes.

It's written in the rules what they are allowed to consider, if they stray outside it in the written reasons then you have an easy appeal on your hands.

Do you think his previous bite, racial abuse charge, and general all round shitty behaviour weren't at the back of their minds when they were deciding?

The FA made a statement regarding the previous bite charge, saying that they weren't allowed to consider it as it happened in Holland. So this was essentially on the back of last years ban. If you're talking "all round shitty behaviour" you're pretty much referring to diving and winding up opponents, something many other players in the league get away with on a weekly basis and something not one of them, that I can think of, have been retrospectively sanctioned for inconjunction with a more serious crime (like Rio's heavy £45k fine for racist abuse, which didn't account for any of his previous convictions, including skipping a drugs test).

Which is pretty much what I've banged on about throughout this thread, you know, when some decided to take that as a defense of a player biting an opponent.

They make it up as they go along, and as they see fit, and for whom they find warrants it. Accounting for nationality and media perception, obviously.

Assuming that we arent contractually obligated to vote in the PFA carve up, on general principle as a club i would make the decision to never vote again.
And if we HAVE to vote, then the entire team should vote for some utter useless horrible wab.

Knowing that teams purposely didnt vote for a player because they dont think hes 'a very nice man' would just make me say fuck it.
About as meaningful as Eurovision.

That's pretty embarrassing really and does not paint English football in a good light.

I suppose that winners get to dictate their terms and losers just have to accept them.

All we have to do is win the league a couple times and all this will change. Easy, right?

It's all pathetic to be honest, were there any Liverpool players in the room? I only saw gormless Mancs and Gareth.

Back
Top Bottom