• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Keepers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisson strikes me as a pretty flaky keeper who has good periods of competence. Whoever we get will need to go about half a season or more without making any clear mistake, otherwise he will immediately be branded another disaster, a terrible waste of money, etc etc, by most of those who demanded change at all costs, and Sky and the tabloids and Gary Neville the goalkeeping expert will start analysing every single move he makes.
I agree and I dont think there is an obvious solution. Oblak at 100m probably the only no brainer.
But I just dont think any team will pay money like that for a keeper.

I think we would probably be better served finding the 10 best young goalkeepers in the world and signing the best of them. It shows Karius that we are planning to upgrade him and who knows that might spur him on, and gives us a chance to pull him if he continues to drop clangers.

Donarruma maybe is the obvious choice? But even he will be upwards of 30/40m i would think.

There isnt an obvious or clear solution without risk.
And almost every game this world cup ive heard ‘that keeper for country X looks amazing we should sign him’ followed almost immediately by a hapless performance when hes conceeded stupid goals.
Its a dark art Keeping and Its super rare to find ANY who doesnt make a mistake.

For me Karius first in the champions league is pretty unforgivable. And for that alone we have to at least THINK of next steps.

If Karius starts the season, which i suspect he will, I would at least like to see a massive upgrade to Mignolet on the bench.

No he wouldn’t— he simply isn’t the world class player to justify the fee Roma (eager to avoid another Salah) would demand.

Monchi has been inviting bids today. Don't think they'll get anywhere near the absurd fee that was being quoted, especially after an underwhelming World Cup.

I wonder if that's our plan, distance ourselves, let the hype die which is no doubt has after the world cup, and come back in later with a more modest £45-50million bid.

He's gash. We stuck seven past him in a week and I've never seen him play well. Do not want

He's gash. We stuck seven past him in a week and I've never seen him play well. Do not want

There isn’t a keeper alive (or dead) that would have stopped the 7 goals we put past him.

Gonna be boss with him lining up for us next season. Worst keeper we've ever had to play a decent amount for us?

It's really odd nothing's really happening on the goalkeeping front as by now, he is actually damaging the brand that is Liverpool FC and diminishes the stature of the club, and I'd expect that by now the cheif executives and directors will signal Klopp that they want a new keeper brought in

I genuinely can’t get my head around the fact that he’s still here spraying his arse all over the place, utter madness.

We may have played a blinder in being seen as the good guys not throwing him to the wolves after the final after he was concussed and giving him a second chance. However, now he’s had that and still come up short so we can get rid without looking like complete twats.

Ward must now be number one until we can get another keeper. Ward is exactly the same age, and has played enough, so he's hardly a gamble. He's a solid keeper with a decent all-round game.

We may have played a blinder in being seen as the good guys not throwing him to the wolves after the final after he was concussed and giving him a second chance. However, now he’s had that and still come up short so we can get rid without looking like complete twats.

How is being seen as the good guys even a priority? He cost us the biggest game we had in the last 10 yrs. I don't think anyone would have complained one bit if we had not given him a squad number after that. If we start the season with the same goalkeeping options as last season, what we have done is the complete opposite of a blinder.

Anyone see that Tranmere player call Der Klown ‘fucking shit’ after they scored?

He’s a Liverpool fan

Hahahahaha

Ward must now be number one until we can get another keeper. Ward is exactly the same age, and has played enough, so he's hardly a gamble. He's a solid keeper with a decent all-round game.
I'd hope so... Must be a reason he's still here!

I think the lazy smart arse concussion 'jokes' need to stop. What the hell is the point of them? He suffered concussion during the final. Fact. What's the gag? He's not a good enough keeper, as he showed before the final. That's all the evidence anyone needs. What are they trying to say about the concussion? That's it's funny, or his fault he got it, or the Enlightenment was wrong and we should try to drain him of excessive humours? Move on. His confidence is clearly absolutely shot now. He needs to go out on loan, we need another keeper, preferably one who is top class rather than just top price. In the mean time, Ward should get his chance to show he's more than just a solid middle of the table keeper. He won't weaken us at this point in time.

I think people make the concussion joke because it all seemed so staged afterwards. After the heats died down, out comes the concussion diagnosis

Seems like a solid bullshit excuse to the masses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom