• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Kevin Strootman

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
A excellent midfielder from PSV - one of Dmishra's worthwhile buys is looking like he's out in January.

Manure are sniffing all around him and will probably bid.

Should we be interested? Or are we 'settled' in this position and don't need reinforcements especially when we have pressing issues with the striker and fullback position?

Similar to Şahin in many ways (who's better anyway). I'm not one to say no to quality players in any position, but we're pretty stocked in the midfield department, and should really have other priorities.

If we're convinced that we can't hold on to Şahin at the end of the season, then this is definitely worth exploring. I'd pass otherwise.

Our priorities in the coming two transfer windows IMO need to be:

Striker
Right-winger
Top class DM
Back-up/future first team keeper
Left back

If we can add top quality in those positions, and hold on to those who we currently have, we'll have a top class squad in 2 years time.

Unless Robinson is the second coming then left back is going to be second in that list.

And I don't think he is.

We need a LB because Enrique is rubbish and we're not so well off in the RB department that we can afford to keep Johnson on the left indefinitely.

Strootman by all accounts is a talent but we're overloaded in that department right at this moment in time. If anything we could probably do with someone more defensive minded or at least can do a decent job at both playmaking and providing a defensive shield (as Alonso did). Is Strootman capable of performing that role? As said though, the prospect of Şahin leaving in the summer and Gerrard getting on (and showing it) does mean that things might look a little different in the summer. Hopefully he goes nowhere in January and never to Utd.

Off topic, but I saw Holtby and Draxler looking good for Schalke the other day.

In particular, Draxler looks the business.

bernie-hamilton-starsky-and-hutch.jpg

For the last time: Holtby, Draxler - you're off the case!

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/psv/21555401/__Strootman_past_bij_United__.html

PSV Eindhoven boss Dick Advocaat has confirmed that Liverpool are one of the many clubs interested in signing coveted midfield star Kevin Strootman.

Speaking to Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf yesterday, Advocaat observed: "For PSV it would be good that he stays, but for Strootman, it's better for him to leave.

"He is a fantastic player because he knows exactly where his qualities lie.

"The guy would be great at Liverpool or Tottenham Hotspur, where he could take another step forward"

When quizzed about his future in April, Strootman told reporters: "There are clubs interested [in signing me], but a club must speak to me first."

Strootman has been on Liverpool's radar for a long time, and in November 2011, Kenny Dalglish sent Steve Clarke along to scout the player during Holland's 3-0 defeat to Germany.

Back in November, Strootman hinted that a summer move may be on the cards. He told NUsport: "I have ambitions and I sometimes talk to my agent Chiel Dekker about clubs, but first I want to be a champion with PSV. If a club really wants you then they come back in the summer."

Strootman's agent also confirmed recently that the midfielder has his eye on a move to the Premier League this summer: "All the top clubs in Europe know about Kevin, but a move to England next summer is his first priority and, yes, Manchester United and other big clubs in Europe have been in touch with me."

I thought he had already signed for Spurs.....must have dreamt it

Linked elsewhere with Wanyama.
Looks like we are in the market for more central midfielders

I don't much like Dries Mertens either as he is also a whiney divey little cunt. Much prefer Dusan Tadic myself.

I don't much like Dries Mertens either as he is also a whiney divey little cunt. Much prefer Dusan Tadic myself.
What do you think of Alderweireld?
Shouuld we be thinking of .....................
Toby, or not Toby?

Van Bommel was sent off against Twente today. A suitably fitting end to his season and career.

Haha, yeah, I saw that today on Twitter. Apparently, it was for a horrible tackle. Quel surprise.

http://www.ilmessaggero.it/sport/asroma/roma_strootman_psv_trattativa/notizie/301261.shtml

Il Messaggero maintains Roma have agreed terms with Kevin Strootman, but are yet to match PSV’s €15m asking price.

The Dutch international midfielder had already been heavily linked with Milan earlier this summer, but Roma appear to be in the lead now.

According to newspaper Il Messaggero, the club has agreed terms with the player, but are still in negotiations with PSV.

It is believed PSV Eindhoven are requesting €15m plus performance-related bonuses for the 23-year-old, but the Giallorossi want that whittled down to at most €11m.

PSV have already done business with Serie A in recent weeks, as Napoli bought Dries Mertens for €9.7m.

Rumoured Manchester United target Kevin Strootman is eyeing a move away from PSV Eindhoven - despite the club stating previously he was not for sale.

The Holland international is regarded as key to PSV's chances of challenging for the Eredivisie title next season following the recent departures of Dries Mertens, Erik Pieters and Jeremain Lens.

But the 23-year-old told Voetbal International he has also been in talks regarding a switch from the Philips Stadion.

"There are several clubs interested but only when they reach an agreement with PSV do I come into the picture," he said.

"This is not to say that any are in the world's top six.

"There is also interest from Russia, but that is not an option for me. I do not make hasty decisions about my future.

"The opinion of Holland coach Louis van Gaal is also very important with the World Cup in Brazil next year."

Strootman is disappointed Mertens, Pieters and Lens were tempted away from Eindhoven.

"It was very unfortunate that so many players left PSV," he added.

"I did not expect Dries Mertens and Pieters would leave the club."

The trio's departure prompted the club's technical director Marcel Brands to say of Strootman last week: "We do not want to lose him.

"He knows himself that he will play another season at PSV."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom