• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Kolo Toure deal agreed !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosco

Worse than Brendan
Dear Transfer Committee,

Please throw your body in front of this one.

Liverpool close in on City's Kolo Touré to shore up central defence

• Brendan Rodgers anxious to strengthen defensive options
• Out of contract player wants to stay in north-west
Kolo-Toure-008.jpg

A move to Liverpool could be the ideal fit with Kolo Touré's footballing and domestic requirements. Photograph: Alex Grimm/Bongarts/Getty Images
Liverpool are close to making Kolo Touré their first summer signing as part of Brendan Rodgers' plans to add experience to a central defence without Jamie Carragher.
The 32-year-old is available on a free transfer when his four-year contract with Manchester City expires next month and he has not been offered an extension, having fallen down the pecking order under the former manager Roberto Mancini. Touré wants to stay in English football, ideally in the north-west where his children are settled at school, and has been offered the ideal solution by Rodgers.
A deal is believed to have been agreed in principle with Touré, who is in the United States for City's end-of-season tour and will undergo a medical on his return.
The Liverpool manager will strengthen in central defence this summer and may require three additions in that department, with Carragher retiring on Sunday, Martin Skrtel out of favour and Sebastián Coates failing to make an impression in his two seasons at Anfield. Liverpool are open to offers for Coates but Rodgers has claimed that Skrtel remains in his plans.
The manager has several targets in mind with Kyriakos Papadopoulos of Schalke the prime target, Ajax's Toby Alderweireld under consideration and the Lille left-back, Lucas Digne, also a possibility. Touré offers an experienced, inexpensive option for Rodgers, who lamented that he had a quiet squad in need of more leaders even before Carragher's retirement.
Rodgers, meanwhile, has paid tribute to Philippe Coutinho after the 20-year-old capped an outstanding start to his Liverpool career with the winning goal in Sunday's game against Queens Park Rangers. The Brazilian has fitted seamlessly into the side since his £8.5m signing from Internazionale in January, scoring three goals and creating a host of chances for the likes of Luis Suárez and Daniel Sturridge. Rodgers admits he has been surprised at the midfielder's impact.
"When you bring somebody in during January you hope they can make an impact," he said. "You are also looking at it as a six-month adaptation period before you get the best out of them from pre-season onwards. We are all pleasantly pleased and surprised by how well he has done. His numbers tell you the story in terms of goals and assists.
"At the minute, you can't ask any more. The key thing is that he works his socks off as well. He is a real team player."
Rodgers believes Coutinho can have a greater influence next season when he has adjusted to the physical demands of the Premier League. He added: "He has genuine man strength. He's 20 years of age but he's not a boy. He can look after himself. His body work is great, he is small in stature. The best players very rarely get tackled because they are so bright and clever. You can see he can use his body if needs be, but he has to become adapted to the physical game here as the Premier League is very physical. He's been a real find for us in terms of the price we paid. Hopefully his value will be much greater than the cost in the coming years."

Well, let's see, he's shit, he's a massive twat, and I've always hated him.We really are shopping in Lidl these days aren't we?
I look forward to seeing him in our new red kit (only available for 1 year only folks)

Don't know why people are so against this, I believe we could do a lot worse than Kolo Toure as our 3rd/4th choice CB.

Must have missed why people think he's a twat too, I have never really minded him.

Toure can only make sense if he's signed alongside Papa or a similar talent of youthful quality. With FSG and the transfer committee in place, buys like Degen and Jovanovic should be a distant memory.

Yeah and if Suarez bites him he might get malaria.

On the plus side, Suarez could then spread malaria to every other bastard in the league.

Don't know why people are so against this, I believe we could do a lot worse than Kolo Toure as our 3rd/4th choice CB.

Must have missed why people think he's a twat too, I have never really minded him.

One year deal, medium wages. Have him as backup. Even if he is shit then we'll be rid after a year. I think it could be a decent deal provided we don't give him a high salary or anything more than 2 years max.

Toure can only make sense if he's signed alongside Papa or a similar talent of youthful quality. With FSG and the transfer committee in place, buys like Degen and Jovanovic should be a distant memory.

But this isn't a deal like that. He's a replacement for Carragher. Probably short deal, lower wages than Carra. The deal itself is fairly sensible - it's the ability of the player in doubt, and I'm not sure the 'transfer committee', whatever that is, should be getting involved in that side of things.

Isn't Hangeland available on a free? Rather him than Toure as back up.

Would he be happy being a backup though? It's all well and good saying x is available, lets have him as a backup, however most of the time they aren't happy to do that.

What's the fuss? He's a decent enough centre back to cover for injury/suspension

Note the lack of feedback on the "twat" bit. It's the common theme on here to call somewhere a twat or a cunt when they have little or no idea what to input but feel they have to say some thing

Note the lack of feedback on the "twat" bit. It's the common theme on here to call somewhere a twat or a cunt when they have little or no idea what to input but feel they have to say some thing
The silence is very telling.

Twunts.

PS Both your sig and username always puts a smirk on my face.

One of my all time favorites.

Post more.

A car salesman?

Ross, be honest, have you made up that article?

The subtle - though over whelming difference - is that Terry was knobbing a team mates missus whilst cheating on his own.

The subtle - though over whelming difference - is that Terry was knobbing a team mates missus whilst cheating on his own.

I'll try to use that one if I ever get caught.

"It's okay love, she isn't married to one of my teammates"

Well, let's see, he's shit, he's a massive twat, and I've always hated him.We really are shopping in Lidl these days aren't we?
I look forward to seeing him in our new red kit (only available for 1 year only folks)
Never miss an opportunity to have a dig at the club do you mate.
Our last two signings were Coutinho and Sturridge.
And yeah lets not sell kits, then we can shop in Budgens.

Boring cunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom