• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LFC Loan Watch - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Work harder, ask for a Championship team
[article]
2022-07-22-025-Kidderminster_Liverpool_U21.jpg

“I did what was asked” – 20-year-old left “disappointed” after pre-season omission

Jurgen Klopp turned to 12 academy players throughout pre-season but Jake Cain was not one of them, despite having done “what was asked of me” during his loan spell last season.
Pre-season is an opportunity for those in the academy to make an impression on the first team players and staff, showing what they can do in a senior environment.
Cain thought he may be one of those to be handed the chance but the call that was made to the likes of Stefan Bajcetic, Isaac Mabaya, Bobby Clark and Melkamu Frauendorf never came the 20-year-old’s way.
Instead, off the back of his 28-game season on loan with League Two’s Newport County, it was the under-21s and Merseyside that beckoned.
“I can’t lie, I was disappointed,” Cain told Goal.
“I thought I had a good loan, I did what was asked of me, and I thought I could come back and show the first team what I can do.
P2022-07-11-Liverpool_Asia_Tour_D2-5-600x374.jpeg

“They’re the best team in Europe, so I know it’s going to be very difficult to push for a place in the team, but I thought I might have been able to go on the tour, show what I can do and see what the first-team coaches said.
“So, yeah, it was disappointing.”
Cain has already made his senior debut for Liverpool and has been on the bench a further 11 times, but his ambitions are clear and that means another loan is firmly in his plans.
Liverpool have received contact over a potential move this season and it ought to be only a matter of time before a move is agreed.
A loan switch will be music to Cain’s ears after ‘leaving as a boy and coming back as a man’ from Newport, with U21s football no longer cutting it.
“I’m ready for another challenge,” Cain explained. “I need to go on loan again, I need men’s football, and I feel now that I’ll be ready to hit the ground running when the opportunity comes. I know that I’m ready.
2021-08-23-036-Everton_U23_Liverpool_U23-600x400.jpg

“I left a boy and came back a man [from Newport]. I found it difficult, at first, because it’s so different to U23s football. You have to win, every point matters, and you have to learn that mentality very quickly.
“By the end, I think I was one of the best midfielders in the league. I felt comfortable playing against anyone.”

[/article]

Whaaaaat - we’re loaning midfielders out now!!!!!

I no-one aware of the midfield crisis at the club!!!!

At the rate he's progressing, he might leapfrog Ramsay in the pecking order.

Bolton Wanderers manager's Conor Bradley dilemma "after he does something like that"

[article]Ian Evatt believes it is going to be hard to manage expectations around Liverpool loanee Conor Bradley after scoring a memorable first goal for Bolton Wanderers but is pleased for the young prospect.

Brandon Thomas-Asante put visitors Salford City in front last night at the University of Bolton Stadium in the first round of the Carabao Cup, but Wanderers equalised through Elias Kachunga. Jon Dadi Bodvarsson ensured Wanderers went into the break ahead.

Kieran Sadlier added a third after half-time, before Liverpool loanee Bradley came off the bench to score a stunning fourth. Dapo Afolayan scored a late fifth before George Thomason was shown a straight red card for a challenge on Luke Bolton as the Whites booked their place in the second round in style with a 5-1 win.

Bradley has impressed during the early stages of his season on loan at Wanderers from the Anfield club. He has notched assists in his opening two League One clashes before a fantastic goal from 25 yards in the clash against the Ammies, which was his first strike in men's football.

Evatt is trying to manage expectations surrounding the 19-year-old following an exciting start to life at Bolton, but believes it will be hard to do so if he keeps producing moments like that. Bradley was one of five substitutes made last night as the youngster came off the bench in the second half and Evatt believes it will be something which really benefits Wanderers this campaign, reports the MEN.

He said: “I am trying to manage expectations with him, including his own, and trying to keep everyone’s feet on the ground… And then he goes and does something like that. It is kind of hard to give him a break. He is a talented lad and we’re pleased for him.

“The five subs is really going to aid us this season, I believe, because we have got such a strong squad. And if we can keep players fit and healthy then those extra subs are going to be huge for us to maintain the energy levels and the high press.

“It is a good weapon for us to have. I am looking forward to this season."[/article]

Yesterday, all 10 Championship teams that have played against lower league teams in the Carabao Cup were knocked out. :oops:

Very young team from Blackburn, hopefully Morton will impress.

If the Championship sides are fielding youth or weakened teams - can we just fuck off this shitshow of a trophy?

Like now, so we can keep it and forever remind City fans we’ve won it more than them.

If the Championship sides are fielding youth or weakened teams - can we just fuck off this shitshow of a trophy?

Like now, so we can keep it and forever remind City fans we’ve won it more than them.

Which trophies haven't we won more than them?

Which trophies haven't we won more than them?

The Championship/First Division/Second Division and the UEFA Cup Winners Cup.

That’s only if you believe football didn’t start 10 years ago, though.

Chance for Bradley to face Aston Villa, Balagizi to face Fulham and Morton to face Bradford.

There's no money in it for them is there?
And zero chance of winning it

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/carabao-cup-money-liverpool-chelsea-26343037
[article]While most cup finals will see the winners walk away with millions in prize money, the Carabao Cup offers a significantly reduced prize pot.

The total pot for the entire tournament stands at just £200,000 - but is only handed out to those who make it to the semi-finals or further.

Arsenal and Tottenham, who both bowed out in the semis, will take home £25,000 each. The runner up at Wembley will secure themselves £50,000 while the winners walk away with £100,000.

It is stark contrast to the FA Cup which offers prize money that increases round by round, with this season's winners guaranteed a minimum of £3.4m in prize money.

However, it is worth remembering that money received for winning the Carabao Cup does not include fees from ticket sales and television deals that has built up throughout the season's tournament.
[/article]

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/carabao-cup-money-liverpool-chelsea-26343037
[article]While most cup finals will see the winners walk away with millions in prize money, the Carabao Cup offers a significantly reduced prize pot.

The total pot for the entire tournament stands at just £200,000 - but is only handed out to those who make it to the semi-finals or further.

Arsenal and Tottenham, who both bowed out in the semis, will take home £25,000 each. The runner up at Wembley will secure themselves £50,000 while the winners walk away with £100,000.

It is stark contrast to the FA Cup which offers prize money that increases round by round, with this season's winners guaranteed a minimum of £3.4m in prize money.

However, it is worth remembering that money received for winning the Carabao Cup does not include fees from ticket sales and television deals that has built up throughout the season's tournament.
[/article]
yep...

What do we think about Clarkson - is he the next kid to net us £10m in sales or could he perhaps get a chance next season.

I was surprised he didn’t feature in pre-season, which suggests his LFC career is over.

[article]Leaving Liverpool for League One football was a big decision for a 19-year-old to make but Bradley is delighted with how things are going at Bolton.

“It was definitely difficult to start because it was my first loan, so it was a case of coming into a new changing room, meeting new people, trying to get along with them as best as I can,” he added.

“It was always going to be difficult but I have loved it so far and I just want to keep it going now.

“It has surprised me a little bit how well it has gone but the gaffer told me I was going to get chances when I spoke to him before.

“I knew there would be competition and that makes you do better. It is healthy for the whole team.”

The Northern Ireland has long-term ambitions of rivalling Trent Alexander-Arnold for a place in the Liverpool side.

“I don’t really model myself on anyone. I try and focus on myself,” the youngster explained.

“Obviously when I am at Liverpool I watch Trent’s game and try to put them into mine, but I am my own player and I want to carry on working hard.”

Bradley’s quality going forward has made him a natural fit in Wanderers’ system, so it is hardly a surprise that he grew up playing in a more advanced role.

He added: “I used to be a winger when I was younger but as I grew up, I took on that defensive side and was taught at Liverpool to counter-press, so that has all helped me.”[/article]

[article]Bolton manager Ian Evatt has explained how the club built a relationship with Michael Edwards at Liverpool, before the season-long loan deal for Conor Bradley was agreed.

The 20-year-old has been in terrific form since moving to the League One club and has already scored twice.

As per the Bolton News, Evatt explained how Bolton went about impressing former Liverpool sporting director, Edwards, and how Bradley is benefitting from regular playing time.

“We’ve worked really hard on earning trust. It is testament to the work we have done as a football club that they trust us. The way we play and our identity, teams like that, they like to see what we are trying to do.

“Michael Edwards has left Liverpool now but he came and spent time with me last season, spent time at the training ground, looked at what we’re doing and how we’re doing it.

“He was really impressed and off the back of that, we’ve built relationships with Liverpool with some of their key staff and key decision makers and they’ve trusted us with Conor.

“Conor’s benefited from playing every week, Liverpool are benefiting by Conor playing very week in a great football club like this in front of big crowds in a big stadium and we’re benefiting because we’re getting the best young players from the area coming to play for us and improve the team. It’s win-win.”[/article]

Balagizi's goals at 0:06 and 1:12

[article]
At 18-years-old, Balagizi signed for Crawley just over a month ago on a season-long loan deal.

As a versatile midfielder, the youngster made 29 appearances in the under-18s Premier League and registered 12 assists whilst scoring five himself. Balagizi has also featured for the Three Lions on 13 occasions.

Having proven his worth throughout youth level, Balagizi must now take the step into what looks to be a bright senior career.

“The demands are very high,” said Balagizi on what it’s been like transitioning into men’s football. “Getting used to the different style of football has been hard. You have to get used to competing because it’s a lot more physical and rougher.

“They expect quite a lot from you, but this is what I want to be doing for the rest of my life so I’m willing to meet anything that comes my way. Personally, I think getting used to this standard and style of football will be good for my development.”

Balagizi made his competitive debut for Crawley on the opening day of the League Two campaign, away to Carlisle.

Despite his side losing their opening game of the new season, the Englishman thrived on and off the ball in what was his first ever senior game.

“Obviously the result wasn’t what we were looking for,” admitted Balagizi. “But on a personal note, it was a special moment.

“I was more excited than nervous heading into it. I had a few butterflies the night before when I was taking everything in but as soon as I got my first touch I got over it. I was so happy to be there.

Whenever Balagizi got on the ball against Carlisle, his family were seen jumping with joy. When asked what it was like seeing them in the crowd, he said: “It was so such a good feeling to see my family there who have supported ever since I was young. I’m so grateful to have shared that moment with them.”

Balagizi already shares a relationship with the club’s new head coach, Kevin Betsy. Whilst playing for England at youth level, Betsy selected Balagizi for his international debut at under-15s level.

When asked on linking back up with his former England coach, Balagizi said: “I really like him. I know him and he knows me, so our relationship is quite good. Working with him again has made this transition easy.

“I feel like I’m getting along with everyone I’ve met in Crawley. The squad and coaching staff have been really nice, so I’ve settled in far better than I expected.”

Nine out of the 13 singings made by the Reds this summer are under the age of 24. Prospects such as Spurs’ Tobi Omole, Brighton’s Teddy Jenks, Arsenal’s Mazeed Ogungbo and Brentford’s Ellery Balcombe have decided Crawley side is the place to be for the new season. Out of all those new arrivals though, Balagizi is the youngest.

Whilst adapting with the new environment, taking inspiration from experienced players in his position could propel the youngster’s game.

When asked if there’s anyone Balagizi looks up to as a player, he said: “As a fellow midfielder I idolise Kevin De Bruyne. He’s got everything about his game, and I want to become that sort of player, hopefully better because I think we can all agree, he’s quite good, isn’t he?

“On the pitch I think my biggest strength is being well rounded. I can’t pinpoint one thing and have that as all I can offer because I’ve got so much to offer.”

Balagizi was named man of the match in his first home Reds game against Leyton Orient on Saturday.
[/article]

Balagizi is the 1 player I'm excited about and was surprised he didn't come on tour with us.

Then again he could end up being the next Ovie Ejaria.

I know he's a different type of player but is Bacjetic/Morton higher rated amongst the group?

[article]Tyler Morton in defence, something you'll do again or did you have no choice?

I didn't have any choice! I always say good footballer players can play anywhere. I told him yesterday and he was up for the challenges, good players can play anywhere. Cruyff always said put the best 11 players on the pitch and it doesn't matter where they play.[/article]

Last edited:
Balagizi is the 1 player I'm excited about and was surprised he didn't come on tour with us.

Then again he could end up being the next Ovie Ejaria.

I know he's a different type of player but is Bacjetic/Morton higher rated amongst the group?

From what I've seen Bajcetic is far and away our best young midfielder.

Balagizi always just looked big for his age to me. Although it's good to see him doing well on loan.

From what I've seen Bajcetic is far and away our best young midfielder.

Balagizi always just looked big for his age to me. Although it's good to see him doing well on loan.
I mean sure he's big for his age.

But from what I've seen of him in the youth cups and YT clips, I get Dele Alli vibes when he was in his prime (sounds silly to say)

I mean sure he's big for his age.

But from what I've seen of him in the youth cups and YT clips, I get Dele Alli vibes when he was in his prime (sounds silly to say)

Maybe. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter, because you can infer with like 95% certainty just from how a player is rated by the club.

If he's 18 and not even going on the preseason tour then the reality is he has virtually no chance of making it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom