• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LFC Reserves & Youth Team Goals/Highlights

All you need to know about Trey Nyoni, the Leicester wonderkid set to join Liverpool
[article]The story so far
Nyoni was born in England when Umbrella by Rihanna was No.1 (if you want to feel really old). He represented the Young Lions at Under-16 level, but he’s also eligible to play for Zimbabwe through his parentage.

He only turned 16 in June but has already started making waves in youth scout circles, having caught the eye for Leicester’s Under-18s last season.

The young Foxes finished ninth of 12 teams in the Under-18s Premier League southern division in 2022-23, and Nyoni featured in 13 of their 22 outings, registering two goals and one assist. He also made two appearances in the FA Youth Cup.

He scored an assisted on his debut for England’s Under-16s last August, a 3-2 victory over Italy, and has since made a further six appearances at international youth level.

It appears as though the winger’s future lies away from Leicester. He looks set to continue the next stage of his development elsewhere.

“Thank you, Leicester,” Nyoni wrote on Instagram, seemingly confirming his exit from the King Power.

“I am grateful to all the players and staff at the club who have helped me develop over the past 10 years and I wish nothing but success to everyone at the club.”

Style of play
Viewed as one of the outstanding prospects in his age group in the country, it appears as though the strategy at Liverpool is for Nyoni to follow in the footsteps of Ben Doak – who joined their youth ranks at 16 with a view to him one day progressing to Jurgen Klopp’s first team.

Details on the starlet are somewhat scarce given his relative lack of experience, but his technical ability, close control and cool head in the face of opposition pressure have all been cited among his strengths.

What’s been said
“It’s really good to see Trey get on the scoresheet with a great individual goal,” youth coach Adam Barradell told Leicester’s official website after Nyoni scored in a 2-0 victory over Brighton & Hove Albion’s Under-18s in March.

“He moved into the Under-18s squad just before Christmas and he’s getting to grips with Under-18s football. He’s a young boy and he’s had a good impact on the group which is pleasing to see.”
[/article]

Another Polish youngster. One day, we'll have a Polish player in the 1st team I guess.

195cm

[article]Liverpool have secured the signing of Kornel Misciur from Hull City.

The Red have signed the Under-16s shot stopper for an undisclosed fee.

He will be playing at the Liverpool Academy for the rest of this season and next season as well.

Misciur had been a part of the Hull academy since 2016, when he had a successful trial with the club.

"I know he was a very highly-rated young player here," Hull head coach Liam Rosenior told Hull Live.

"If the deal is right for the football club and they think it's the right thing (then we'll do the deal).

"It shows how good our academy is doing. We have top clubs that want to take some of our players. Good luck to him, it's unbelievable and shows the level of work that's going on in the academy."[/article]

EFL Trophy

xPe5bem.jpg

Palace u21 2 - 4. Liverpool u21’s

Goals for each of Liverpool’s front three which includes a Lewis Koumas brace ensures a comfortable victory for The Reds despite 10-man Palace scoring late consolation. Musialowski and Glatzel also on the scoresheet.

16 year old midfielder Trey Nyoni has registered 7 g/a in 5 games this season and has already made his U21 debut.

[article]Liverpool U21 coach Barry Lewtas was happy to hand Amara Nallo a debut in their Premier League International Cup draw with Benfica.

Just 16, centre-half Nallo arrived in August from West Ham United.

Lewtas told liverpoolfc.com: "Amara was excellent. Him and Carter Pinnington have been playing quite regularly for us so far together. Listen, he is just 16, and I don't think we've ever asked a lad that young to play at centre-back against senior opposition. He should be really proud of his performance.

"I think the main thing for Amara is he played ever so well but he didn't let any kind of mistakes or momentum shifts in the game affect him. So he didn't play like a 16-year-old, that's for sure."

Lewtas also had a word for James McConnell.

He added: "Unbelievable! For James to be on the bench at Anfield in the Merseyside derby and then start for us, I thought he did ever so well and took his goal well. He is showing us lots of different things to his game this year, playing as a No.6, scoring headers. It just goes to show what he can do."[/article]

Back
Top Bottom