• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Lijnders

Good for him, hope he does well out there.

Oh while you’re there Pep, send Gloukh and Sucic on a one way ticket to Liverpool.

Good appointment for him. Hopefully we'll get a heads up in regards to talent that are emerging there.

Excellent appointment for him and in an awesome city.

Any city that can sell you Mozart's balls covered in chocolate is all right with me.

I just hope for Lijnders' sake and theirs that he doesn't turn out to be one of those coaches, of whom there have been plenty, who were great in that role but not so great when they stepped up into the manager's shoes. All the best to him anyway.

Any city that can sell you Mozart's balls covered in chocolate is all right with me.

I just hope for Lijnders' sake and theirs that he doesn't turn out to be one of those coaches, of whom there have been plenty, who were great in that role but not so great when they stepped up into the manager's shoes. All the best to him anyway.
Ooh marzipan ! I love them. They are responsible for at least 5 kgs of my excess.

I also read that Vitor Matos is going there to be his assistant...he's our current elite development coach

Brilliant Judge

Thanks mate. You need to like marzipan as Froggy mentions, but if you do they're ace. I also happen to love Mozart's music so it's all good AFAIC. 🙂

is this why there was seemingly little interest on both sides in succeeding klopp?

Thanks mate. You need to like marzipan as Froggy mentions, but if you do they're ace. I also happen to love Mozart's music so it's all good AFAIC. 🙂
Too sweet for my liking, also Mozart stuff scares me, I feel like some white guy is gonna grab me and put me on a slave ship. So I prefer Fred Handel stuff - very Royal and uplifting.

is this why there was seemingly little interest on both sides in succeeding klopp?
Nah , he probably seen all the shit posted about him since his book was initially published and then people looked at the teams performance last season and though what the fuck is this guy on about certainly there was no intensity in our games last season with the publication of his book.

It would have been incredibly risky to succeed Klopp. It's a hard act to follow, and if he fails he'll just tarnish his legacy as one of the best Managerial Teams.

Plus Lijnders effectivelly replaced Edwards as a key person in our transfer strategy - for all we know the rise in his influence could have been the reason Edwards left. He wasn’t going to stick around for the new regime.

we call it massapan - traditionally from Spain (Though I think there's another type that is from Germany).
takes hours to make -

Could you please expand on this, because I love marzipan, and I've made mazapan before several times and it took about 10 minutes, like every different kind of marzipan I've ever made, which I discovered to be basically the same. I guess if you have to blanch the almonds and don't start with them shelled and are a fusspot, but even still, hours?

Could you please expand on this, because I love marzipan, and I've made mazapan before several times and it took about 10 minutes, like every different kind of marzipan I've ever made, which I discovered to be basically the same. I guess if you have to blanch the almonds and don't start with them shelled and are a fusspot, but even still, hours?

I definitely exaggerated - 1-2 hours.
Basically, process is stirring boiling water and sugar mix, removing the scum (not Man U players, they're not part of the process).
Once there's no scum, you add the ~500g of almonds and you have to stir it for a good 1-2 hours, and then you have to mold the stuff to get the right texture etc ...

SDC11033.JPG

It's a decent appointment for him - fits with his skillset, no great pressure, and has a developmental focus.

He can leave here extremely proud of his contribution to the best era in modern times, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he went on to to have a solid career.

I definitely exaggerated - 1-2 hours.
Basically, process is stirring boiling water and sugar mix, removing the scum (not Man U players, they're not part of the process).
Once there's no scum, you add the ~500g of almonds and you have to stir it for a good 1-2 hours, and then you have to mold the stuff to get the right texture etc ...

SDC11033.JPG
Any videos of you stirring that for two hours knocking about ?

Back
Top Bottom