• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool B (So'ton) vs Liverpool A Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has to be said though - Southampton were fucking muck! Nice to stroll through the send half like we owned the place.
Nobody is deliberately muck in this league. Southampton had 4 good efforts at goal and thereafter Liverpool nullified it.

Great win. Assured performance overall, esp in the second half. Nice finishes. Karius looked good.

And I streamed it from the pool while getting my tan on.

Wins all around.

Workman-like performance. Noone stuck as as being really bad or excellent. Thought Karius did well today, VVD looked assured, Salah good as usual.

The flick from the Fat Useless Spastic was disgusting. Imagine you're the Saints centre back that gets done by that... You'd almost prefer a career-ending tackle. 3 defenders sent for chips.

I turned the TV off after he did that.

No need to play anymore everyone, football has been completed for the day.

The flick from the Fat Useless Spastic was disgusting. Imagine you're the Saints centre back that gets done by that... You'd almost prefer a career-ending tackle. 3 defenders sent for chips.

Hahaha agreed.
One single tear rolled down my cheek.

I almost wrote at the time that the flick was better than the goal itself.

I stopped simply because if he'd have missed it would have taken the shine off that incredible assist.

I really enjoyed that game, mostly because the second half was that dull I actually amused myself with other tasks as I watched.

I really wish we were that effective at letting the game play out in every game.

We adjusted the midfield perfect for 2nd half. Pressed as a imot and gave nothing. Should have had a few more with a little accuracy.

He didn't score from that flick so he ended the game with one single premier league goal. Mind you if you rather pay attention to Chamberpot you will soon forget the flabby useless cunt shit.

Yeah Karius is growing on me. That feels like I've got an affliction. Ahhh no worries - I'm sure it will go away with time and suitable ointment. :)

I was looking to see what the hype about Pierre-Emile Kordt Højbjerg was all about and, apart from that effort which Karius kept out, he was a ordinary, wasn't he? Admittedly it's only one match but as an audition to joining Liverpool that was bit of a flunk.

Last edited:
I was looking to see what the hype about Pierre-Emile Kordt Højbjerg was all about and, apart from that effort which Karius kept out, he was a ordinary, wasn't he? Admittedly it's only one match but as an audition to joining Liverpool that was bit of a flunk.
As always we of all fans should know it's dangerous to judge a player on only one performance (and then buy him in our case) but yeah he had a difficult game and is yet to have a real impact on this Soton team.

He seems to be used as a bit of an utility player by Pellegrino, defensive midfielder, central midfielder, off the striker (as yesterday) and maybe that influences his game a little.

I am the first to admit that I would've thought that he was already making a real name for himself, despite still being 22-years-old, but I haven't lost faith him, and he has had a few MOTM performances of late too, so it could be a case of him building up confidence again after being left out of the team almost all of Autumn. And he really needs a goal too, thankfully Karius made sure it wasn't against us mind.

We'll see, but my bet is, at 25, he's at a top club in a top league.. I could be wrong.

Also, small thing but on the first goal - I don’t think Salah even looks for Firmino’s run, he just knows he’s there and plays a perfectly weighted square ball anticipating the run. Amazingly gifted footballer.

I think Pelligrino is making a mess of things there in truth. I was delighted he left Steve Davis yesterday (until the last ten minutes), because frankly, he is the pick of their midfielders. It makes no sense. They had a steeliness under Koeman and Puel that has all but drained away.

Can I say, despite the fact that he made a few blunders and was put under serious pressure by Salah and Firmino, I think there is a player in Hoedt.

Also, small thing but on the first goal - I don’t think Salah even looks for Firmino’s run, he just knows he’s there and plays a perfectly weighted square ball anticipating the run. Amazingly gifted footballer.
Salah is really impressing me. One thing is his goals and his directness but as you say his awareness and eye for the pass is world class as well. What an incredible signing this has turned out to be.

He & Firmino are that stage where they seem so comfortable with each other that those things happen regularly. They just know where each other will be.

I love watching partnerships like that develop.

I think Pelligrino is making a mess of things there in truth. I was delighted he left Steve Davis yesterday (until the last ten minutes), because frankly, he is the pick of their midfielders. It makes no sense. They had a steeliness under Koeman and Puel that has all but drained away.

Can I say, despite the fact that he made a few blunders and was put under serious pressure by Salah and Firmino, I think there is a player in Hoedt.
Having watched a fair bit of them these past few months (Højbjerg-watch if you like) I agree with most of that. Pelle is constantly rotating their midfield players and often plays them in odd positions too.

I mean Lamina as the withdrawn midfielder and PEH as their number 10/false 9 was an odd decision. Lamina really looks the part when he gets a run in and the latter can boss the central midfield alongside Romelu.

I do not agree so much about Hoedt though. Yeah he got ability but what we saw from him yesterday is pretty common. He makes a LOT of silly amateurish mistakes. Of course can he get rid of those he'd become interesting but there's a long way imo. He's certainly no Virgil.

I do not agree so much about Hoedt though. Yeah he got ability but what we saw from him yesterday is pretty common. He makes a LOT of silly amateurish mistakes. Of course can he get rid of those he'd become interesting but there's a long way imo. He's certainly no Virgil.

He's 23 though, which is a baby for a CB. I haven't seen as much as you, but I think his raw attributes are excellent. Height, pace, good on the ball.

I watched the game with a mate who is a Saints fan. Pre game he was giving the usual 'watching my old boys' chat with attempts at slating Karius and and VVD thrown in too. What a good result. Those saves will have done #LK1 some great confidence - I don't think he had a choice in saving the first one, it was hit at his body - but it was also very similar to Son's chance for Spurs so another one to put in the bank. A great save from JWP's header though and his quick distribution led to the first goal.

I thought Mane looked a bit more threatening, he had some good chances - I think it'll all click for him in a game soon and he'll get a goal or two and be back to full speed. There should be no denying that his presence in the front line is leading to the chances that Bobby & Salah are getting too.

I thought Can & Gini were good in CM today. Can looking better as the months go on now that he knows he is consistently being deployed as the deep lying CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom