• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool City Post Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also even at 9 pts the league isn’t over. City won 14 on the bounce last year and are capable of a similar run.

Lose one game and suddenly with a game to come at theirs it isn’t cut and dry.

I hope Chelsea beat them next week as neither Chelsea or Leicester can sustain our form over 38 games.

By the by Pep’s interview was all class.

Acknowledged we are the toughest opponents in Europe.

Didn’t go on about the decisions and preferred to praise his own team who played extremely well.

John Terry was often complimentary about us in his Chavski days. Didn't stop him and doesn't stop Guardiola being a weapons grade tit.

By the by Pep’s interview was all class.

Acknowledged we are the toughest opponents in Europe.

Didn’t go on about the decisions and preferred to praise his own team who played extremely well.

He was completely classless when shaking the referee's hand. Saying the ask Mike Riley and the officials was a veiled dig too.

He was completely classless when shaking the referee's hand. Saying the ask Mike Riley and the officials was a veiled dig too.

I was referring only to the interview. He has many classless moments like all managers when things go against them

There was nothing classy about Pep in that post match interview DB. He sulked and was condescending, 'ask the ref, ask the ref', 'we played like champions', 'Liverpool are the best team in Europe but we played so well i'm so proud', 'proudest i've ever been of a performance'. If you can't see that all he's doing is trying to deflect from his teams performance, and paint the picture that they lost due to the system being against them, then you are a very poor read of people.

Just a tiny little one that conveys the emotion over there

"
VAR cost us the game

It’s corruption at the top which is allowing the candle lighting, skip dwelling, coach wrecking, phlegm speaking bent bastards win this league
"

This is so quite obviously your typical arriviste Man City fan who isn't actually from Manchester

It's painfully funny and risible

Pep: "I won it two times!"
Ref: "You're not at Barca Pep, you've not won Europe once since you left Messi you fucking wankstain"

[The video doesn't work but it's Pep going crazy waving his finger screaming two times!]

Agree. I don’t know why I said that. My evertonian mates would have found that hilarious btw. Maybe I’ve been hanging around with them too long.

Lot of shit about Pep on here, and blue fume, how did we do in the game ? - gonna watch MOTD2 later, but that will only show the exciting parts. There seems to be some debate about who was our best player, some are saying Gini ? - if so I can believe that, he has been more consistent and better than his usual self when advancing forward these days. Did they really have so many chances at the start of the game - and if so why ? - did we start losing the ball in midfield - I would have thought we would be ready for any of their usual quick transition play, I mean we have seen it enough times.

75311429_10214549395864762_4637310781157801984_o.jpg

Stole this from reddit, should clear up the whole handball situation:

[–]iiEviNii 462 points 3 hours ago*

Deflections

Premier League players will be allowed extra leeway when it comes to ricocheted handballs.

It is often impossible to avoid contact with the ball if it has deflected off the body of an opponent, team-mate, or even another part of the own player.

So a handball will not be awarded if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player who is close/nearby. (https://www.premierleague.com/news/1263332)

No pen as it deflected at close range into Alexander-Arnold. No free-kick as Oliver missed that, Liverpool would have got advantage and because VAR can't give free kicks. Simple as that.

Edit: Credit to /u/The_Canadian33 who found the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom