• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool Football Club's expansion of Anfield stadium given green light by planning officials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utd's ground isnt in a residential area so that probably helps. Loads of room around there. The fucking cunts.

Exactly. A planning application that doesn't have a great deal of opposition, and that comes after a similar one on the same site that hasn't caused too many problems can be dealt with relatively quickly.

Ours has gone on for years, has been a bit of a nightmare and still has opposition to it. The good news is that if it has been recommended for approval then the final committee will most likely approve it. They normally do. If they don't then we would win it on appeal anyway, as pretty much everyone wins on appeal. So this is either the last step or the second to last step.

The view from the back row of the new stand:
TEfqndb.jpg

Ha. I was thinking something similar.

In reality it won't be that bad, although anyone used to anfield current views who doesn't go on aways to the likes of Newcastle where you're 4 miles above & 19 million bloody never ending steps away from the pitch won't appreciate that.

Ha. I was thinking something similar.

In reality it won't be that bad, although anyone used to anfield current views who doesn't go on aways to the likes of Newcastle where you're 4 miles above & 19 million bloody never ending steps away from the pitch won't appreciate that.

Yeah, it was just a jokey e-mail I got this morning. I'm sure FSG have done their research on sight lines and distance from the pitch. By some accounts they have had a listen to the supporters committee who would definitely have shouted down Wembley(shockingly bad design for £750m) or James Park effort.

There is an imagine somewhere that had lines showing angle of sight from the back to the near touchline etc.

How rude of me, tut tut Roadred. For those of you who are interested the application and details are at:
http://northgate.liverpool.gov.uk/PlanningExplorer17/ApplicationSearch.aspx
Application Nr. 14F/1262
On the resulting page click on the now tab/undelined 14F/1262, the resulting page gives details of the application. Near the bottom of this page is the tab "Related Documents", click on this to get to the drawings(amongst other documents), all available to view on PDF. The drawing shown in my previous post is called "200 Main Stand Phase 1 - Section A-A-3.pdf"

The Liverpool council website is really badly designed considering it seems as though it's been done relatively recently. Even the basics like typography are awful.

The Liverpool council website is really badly designed considering it seems as though it's been done relatively recently. Even the basics like typography are awful.

It looks like a GCSE IT Project.. Click on Mayor and check the lovely distorted face of Joe Anderson... Surely its not that hard to test your pages?!

Most council websites are like this, its like someone gives a set of requirements and someone just bolts shit together without any strategy. It figures because it seems lots of middle management in the public sector are useless.

Most council websites are like this, its like someone gives a set of requirements and someone just bolts shit together without any strategy. It figures because it seems lots of middle management in the public sector are useless.

They should all follow the example of gov.uk, which is absolutely brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom