• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Brighton Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was seated in there yesterday pretty much where the play button is, it was a good atmosphere, but I was stuck next the most miserable bastard of all time, it was like the Brendon of real human beings. I think the only player of ours that he liked was VVD, he had it in for the ref and every one of our players including Mo.

Get behind them or fuck off. That's what I learned from my youth on the Kop. Sadly there are a load of twats who follow us now who don't realise the word is 'supporter'. Clue's in the fucking word.

Get behind them or fuck off. That's what I learned from my youth on the Kop. Sadly there are a load of twats who follow us now who don't realise the word is 'supporter'. Clue's in the fucking word.

Yeah, if you're at the game it's a bit counter-productive to just moan and groan all the time. Although to be fair, it's not usually anything audible, and we aren't generally a booing/ whistling crowd, or ones for negative chants (unless Hicks/ Gillette/ Hodgson).

That said, I'm not much of a singer either

Yep. You were taught that straight away in the Kop when you were a kid. Soccer am was just getting traction when we were there & I remember my mate trying to start 'who are ya' chant off & getting fucking bollocked from all sides 'we don't sing that shite lad'.

Taught to respect their keeper if he respected us etc.

The atmosphere is very fucking different now.

Yep. You were taught that straight away in the Kop when you were a kid. Soccer am was just getting traction when we were there & I remember my mate trying to start 'who are ya' chant off & getting fucking bollocked from all sides 'we don't sing that shite lad'.

Only way to save it is safe standing. Groups of mates too spread out now. At the semi some asian bloke (who kept offering everyone fucking Maltesers from the industrial sized bag he had bought on the concourse) called Hendo a Geordie cunt in the first five minutes. He got a bollocking from two other blokes then I whispered in his ear that Hendo is not a Geordie. Didn't explain he is a Mackem, just let him sit there confused. He was an absolute dickhead.

That is arguably the most un-Liverpool chant ever, along with the once-popular "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh YOU'RE SHIT HAAAAAAAAAA!" for goalkicks or whatever.

Properly daytripper that

That is arguably the most un-Liverpool chant ever, along with the once-popular "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh YOU'RE SHIT HAAAAAAAAAA!" for goalkicks or whatever.

Properly daytripper that
Yeah but that's just it. Without a core of fans to tell young cunts off & teach them the infamous & somewhat vague Liverpool Way it would be commonplace.

I wish there as much of an outcry about people taking selfies at the match or recording it all on their phones. Should be kicked out for that shit if the game is being played whilst you're doing it.

Yeah but that's just it. Without a core of fans to tell young cunts off & teach them the infamous & somewhat vague Liverpool Way it would be commonplace.

I wish there as much of an outcry about people taking selfies at the match or recording it all on their phones. Should be kicked out for that shit if the game is being played whilst you're doing it.

You mentioned Soccer AM earlier, and it's fair to say that Tim Lovejoy is to blame for everything bad about football. And the fucking cunt is still polluting television with his horrific "Sunday Brunch" abortion.

I fucking hate Tim Lovejoy.

You mentioned Soccer AM earlier, and it's fair to say that Tim Lovejoy is to blame for everything bad about football. And the fucking cunt is still polluting television with his horrific "Sunday Brunch" abortion.

I fucking hate Tim Lovejoy.

I've got a red mate who used to be a presenter etc. He was good mates with Lovejoy and bet him we would beat his beloved Chavski twats. We did and Lovejoy had to parade the streets of London wearing a sign saying he was a loser. He's a fucking cunt.

I've got a red mate who used to be a presenter etc. He was good mates with Lovejoy and bet him we would beat his beloved Chavski twats. We did and Lovejoy had to parade the streets of London wearing a sign saying he was a loser. He's a fucking cunt.

He really is. Do you remember when the little fecker was ridiculed for his desperate attempt to reinvent himself as some kind of trendy muso? Wore a Ramones t-shirt and then looked utterly terrified when a guest asked him to name a Ramones album. What a tosser.

He really is. Do you remember when the little fecker was ridiculed for his desperate attempt to reinvent himself as some kind of trendy muso? Wore a Ramones t-shirt and then looked utterly terrified when a guest asked him to name a Ramones album. What a tosser.

That was so brilliant. And summed up everything anyone needs to know about Tim Lovejoy in just 10 seconds

Just watched it! Hahaha funny.

That was so brilliant. And summed up everything anyone needs to know about Tim Lovejoy in just 10 seconds

Yeah, James is sound. Used to play 7-a-side footie with him couple of times a week. Mad as brush and funny to be around. He moved to that London so see him very rarely now but we used to go to games together. anyway enough of my showbiz stories.
Here's Lovejoy summed up beautifully on Weekly Wipe.

Only way to save it is safe standing. Groups of mates too spread out now. At the semi some asian bloke (who kept offering everyone fucking Maltesers from the industrial sized bag he had bought on the concourse) called Hendo a Geordie cunt in the first five minutes. He got a bollocking from two other blokes then I whispered in his ear that Hendo is not a Geordie. Didn't explain he is a Mackem, just let him sit there confused. He was an absolute dickhead.
I refuse to have I'l feeling towards anyone who offers free malteasers.

Just got back from Liverpool a few hours ago ...

1) Great atmosphere around Anfield - much better than the last time I went (1-1 vs City, with the Balotelli red for them, Adam's goal and Hart's saves against Andy).
2) VvD is a proper proper leader. You see it better 'live' - but we've missed this kind of figure at the back ...
3) The movement of the players is just great - even solanke's
4) Solanke was really really good - I was very happy to see him, the assist, the goal and the ability to create. If he makes it here, this is the game he'll look back on as where it 'began'.
5) The crowd's interactions with Salah and his daughter was fucking brilliant -
6) Matip should get is car washed
7) Was a lot of fun, as an 'OOTer', to talk to fans from everywhere - a San Diego lad (goes to a few games a year - legend), the fans from Qatar, the fans from SA (they obviously loved my boks hat) etc ... It's such an experience ... I only wish I had the $$$ to do it more than once every few years ... Those who can, appreciate it! :)

Domestic Season over.
Players
Salah A+
Firmino A
Mane A
Henderson B
Milner A-
Wijnaldum B
Can B
Lallana C
Virgil B+
Roberson A+