• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Loan Watch 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allan came on for the last 12+ minutes in Hertha Berlin's 1-1 away draw against Dortmund yesterday. Good to see him getting some play time for a side that's doing considerably well in the league (2nd).

I know Ibe is not technically on loan, but it's not such a different situation because of the buy-back clause. It looks like he played a vital role for Bournemouth 6:1 win over Hull – even though he didn't get on the scoresheet himself, a lot of the attacks started with him and judging by the bits they showed on MOTD, he is not only running at defenders with the ball at his feet, but also learning when to release the ball in time and watch for teammates' runs.

He is a perfect situation to develop at Bournemouth and who knows, if he progresses well we might see him back at LFC in a couple of seasons.

Ryan Kent started for Barnsley in their win at Brentford. He's obviously a decent player; he looked neat and tidy in everything he did. He didn't look as advanced as Canos was last season but in fairness most times I saw Canos he was playing at home, but he did look to have something more about him. Nevertheless Kent played a key role in Barnsley's second goal, intercepting a clearance around halfway, running at pace to the Brentford box, executing a 1-2 before slamming a shot against the post, the rebound from which was turned in by Winnall. Brentford could get very little attacking momentum going but much of what they did came down Kent's side so he may need to work on the defensive side of his game.

Ryan Fulton [Chesterfield 0 - 3 Scunthorpe]

Chesterfield slide to a slide to a fourth straight defeat and drop to second bottom in the Sky Bet League 1 table.

Chesterfield: Fulton (gk) - Donohue, Hird, Anderson, O'Neil (Simons 82') - O'Shea (Mitchell 70'), Liddle (c), Nolan, Ariyibi - German (Gardner 61'), Evans
Subs not used: Allinson (gk), Evatt, Dimaio, Graham

Lloyd Jones [Swindon 0-2 Walsall]
Did not feature in the game. Recovering from hip injury suffered in end Sep.

Danny Ward [Huddersfield 1-0 Derby County]
Elias Kachunga's injury-time winner rewarded Huddersfield Town's persistence and ended Derby County's four-game unbeaten run.

Steve McClaren had overseen a win and a draw since returning as head coach, but his side were second best against Town.

The hosts dominated the second period, with Derby managing just two shots on target throughout the match.

Huddersfield: Ward, Smith, Hefele, Schindler, Lowe, Hogg, Whitehead (Mooy, 61), Kachunga, Palmer, Van La Parra (Bunn, 61), Wells (Payne, 74).
Subs not used: Hudson, Holmes-Dennis, Cranie, Murphy.

Allan [Hertha Berlin 2-0 FC Cologne]
Came on for the last 7 mins in place of Salomon Kalou.

Hertha Berlin are up to third in the Bundesliga standings following their 2-1 victory against 1. FC Köln, a result that brings an end Köln's impressive unbeaten run.

Taiwo Awoniyi [NEC 1-1 Vitesse]
Brought on as 1 one the 2 substitutions made at half time as NEC were trailing 1-0 at home to Vitesse.

Ryan Kent [Brentford 0-2 Barnsley]
Rated 8.5 and MOM by WhoScored. Barnsley scored their 2nd from the rebound from Kent's shot which hit the post.

Barnsley's first win in eight matches condemned Brentford to defeat in their 4,000th league game.

Barnsley: Davies; Bree, MacDonald, Jackson, Yiadom; Hourihane, Morsy, Kent (Hammill 84), Watkins; Winnall (Brown 94), Armstrong (Williams 84).
Subs: Townsend, Evans, Lee, Kpekawa.

Adam Bodgan [Wigan 0-1 Brighton]

Dale Stephens' second-half strike earned Brighton victory at Wigan and took them second in the Championship.

Wigan created the better early chances, with Michael Jacobs' left-footed volley flying wide and Seagulls keeper David Stockdale saving Nick Powell's header.

But Brighton stood firm in defence and snatched the lead when Stephens slammed the ball home from the edge of the box.

And the visitors held on to consign Wigan to a seventh league loss this season.

Latics: Bogdan, Buxton, Perkins (Davies 75), Power, Grigg (Le Fondre 69), MacDonald, Jacobs, Warnock, Powell (Byrne 33), R.Burke, Burn
Unused Subs: Jaaskelainen, Knoyle, Gomez, Morgan

Lazar Markovic [Sporting 1-1 Tondela]
Did not come on despite Sporting needing a 96th min equalizer at home to 3rd from bottom side Tondela.

Jon Flanagan [Burnley 2-1 Everton]
It was increasingly becoming a rearguard action for the Clarets with Heaton having to tip over a dipping long range drive from Bolasie.

On-loan Liverpool defender Jon Flanagan was then sent into the fray in place of the battered and bruised Stephen Ward as Burnley dug deep.

Dyche's men simply refused to budge and got their reward in the 90th minute through Arfield's superb finish.

Burnley: Tom Heaton; Matt Lowton, Michael Keane, Ben Mee, Stephen Ward (Jon Flanagan 81); Dean Marney, Jeff Hendrick; Johann Berg Gudmundsson, Scott Arfield, Michael Kightly (James Tarkowski 72); Sam Vokes (Patrick Bamford 89)
Subs not used: Paul Robinson, Tendayi Darikwa, Kevin Long, Aiden O’Neill

Ryan Kent [Brentford 0-2 Barnsley]
Rated 8.5 and MOM by WhoScored. Barnsley scored their 2nd from the rebound from Kent's shot which hit the post.

Barnsley's first win in eight matches condemned Brentford to defeat in their 4,000th league game.

Barnsley: Davies; Bree, MacDonald, Jackson, Yiadom; Hourihane, Morsy, Kent (Hammill 84), Watkins; Winnall (Brown 94), Armstrong (Williams 84).
Subs: Townsend, Evans, Lee, Kpekawa.
Kent's involvement in the 2nd goal starting from 0:45 min

Best performance of the season so far from young Allan. Unfortunately his team lost 1:0.

Last edited:
jones-post-charlton-news247-3413814_613x460.jpg

[article]Lloyd Jones hailed Town’s 3-0 win against Charlton Athletic earlier today as their “best performance of the season so far.”

The Reds were in cruise control from start to finish in-front of the Sky cameras and secured a vital three points thanks to a Morgan Fox own goal and further efforts from Jones and John Goddard.

And Jones praised the whole team for their efforts whilst adding that Town must now build on their impressive display against the Addicks.

“I thought the energy was a lot different to what it has been in previous weeks and I thought the midfielders and strikers worked their absolute socks off,” he told swindontownfc.co.uk.

“As a defensive line I thought we were a lot better and we probably started a little bit deeper than normal.

“It was a different formation with four at the back and I thought the team were brilliant today – it was one of our best performances of the season.

“Rapha (Rossi-Branco) was brilliant today and we were just clearing balls into the box, we weren’t always messing about around our 18-yard box and I don’t think Charlton expected it.

“They were on the back-foot for most of the game, they probably had a ten-minute spell, but apart from that we were brilliant.

“Hopefully this can be a stepping stone.

“It is good to mix it up and when we have tried to play we’ve been good, but because we’re a new team the decision making hasn’t always been right, so that’s why we’re getting punished.

“But as a defender I don’t mind booting and kicking it if I’m under pressure – it makes my life a lot easier!”

Jones notched his second goal of the season against Charlton and was pleased to have contributed to Town picking up a vital three points.

“Back at Liverpool I was injured for most of last season but when I came back I scored a couple of goals for them and they are starting to go in now,” he added.

“I wasn’t the best at scoring before that!

“I just want to keep scoring as many as I can to help the team but it doesn’t matter who scores as long as we are getting the three points, that’s the most important thing for me.”

Jones now wants Town to add some consistency to their game as they look to string together a run of positive results.

“It will be tough but there are no excuses. We played brilliant away at Oldham and then we go and lose the following week, so we need to get that consistency,” stated the defender.

“We’ve just got to keep going and going even if we are hurting on the pitch, because when you’ve come off and won that’s an even better feeling.

“Even though we’ve had a brilliant result today I still don’t think we are where we want to be.”[/article]

[article]Liverpool midfielder Allan Rodriguez de Souza hopes to return to Anfield when his loan deal with Hertha Berlin expires in the summer, but it remains unclear whether he can get a work permit.

Allan, 19, joined Hertha on a one-year loan after previously spending time with SJK Seinajoki in Finland and Sint-Truiden in Belgium.

He joined Liverpool from Interacional Porto Alegre in July 2015 but has been unable to secure a work permit.

The Brazilian told kicker: "My goal remains to play for Liverpool."

Given the criteria by which players are granted a work permit in England, Allan said Hertha's failure to reach the group stages of the Europa League had not helped his cause.

"We'll see what happens if I don't get the number of games need to qualify for a work permit," he added.

"Without the Europa League, it's even more difficult. But I feel good here at Hertha, and who knows whether I will continue here after the summer. If that happens, it would also be good."

Hertha sporting director Michael Preetz said: "If there's a scenario that because of the regulations Allan can't return to Liverpool in the summer of 2017, we will be there.

"Our coaching staff enjoy working with him, and he's got a giant potential."

Allan has so far made two league appearances over 90 minutes for Hertha this season in the defeats at Bayern Munich and Hoffenheim.[/article]

_92619751_capture.png

[article]On-loan goalkeeper Adam Bogdan will miss the rest of Wigan Athletic's season with a serious knee injury.

The 29-year-old Hungary international joined the Latics in July from Liverpool and had started in every Championship game so far this season.

He suffered the injury in Wigan's 0-0 draw at Barnsley on Saturday and will undergo surgery on his knee.

"To lose him for him to be out for the season is a blow," boss Warren Joyce told BBC Radio Manchester.

"It's hampering his career for a period of time when he was looking to kick on and establish himself."[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom