• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

London drinkies? (Tue 6th March - CL 2nd leg vs Porto)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a slightly related note, I am due to be stuck in London area on Saturday 24th Feb (fly into Gatwick from holiday on Friday evening, and next flight home is not til Saturday evening). That's the day we are playing West Ham at Anfield (3pm KO). Is there anywhere someone can suggest that I might be able to watch the match (bearing in mind it won't be on any UK TV channel)? Ideally not a West Ham fan pub, as I do hope to return home without cuts or broken bones.

On a slightly related note, I am due to be stuck in London area on Saturday 24th Feb (fly into Gatwick from holiday on Friday evening, and next flight home is not til Saturday evening). That's the day we are playing West Ham at Anfield (3pm KO). Is there anywhere someone can suggest that I might be able to watch the match (bearing in mind it won't be on any UK TV channel)? Ideally not a West Ham fan pub, as I do hope to return home without cuts or broken bones.

Brendan's living room is great for a game

I'm fucking annoyed.

I'm back in April and fully expected to make a trip to Liverpool to drink all you weak fuckers under the table.

I'd picked a game - the only home one during my window of being home.

Bournemouth - over the weekend of April 13-15 - should be easy to get tickets.

Had a look at accommodation.... wooooohhh.... bit pricey!!!!

Fucking Grand National weekend....

Now I have to take the missus to Harry Potter World or Porg hunting on Skellig Island instead.

Fucks sake.

Golden Lion - Dean St
TCR bar - Tottenham Court Road
Famous 3 Kings - Fulham way
The Alex(andra) - Clapham Common Southside

Of them, The Alex is the only one that I can recall having a hooky TV feed, but I haven't been in there for ages.

I don't think The Alex does that any more now unfortunately. I was going to suggest the Famous 3 Kings also, but again I have a feeling they are moving to a 'single feed' rather than showing multiple matches.

I'm fucking annoyed.

I'm back in April and fully expected to make a trip to Liverpool to drink all you weak fuckers under the table.

Now I have to take the missus to Harry Potter World or Porg hunting on Skellig Island instead.

Fucks sake.

Ah, fucking unlucky.

It's almost always the weekend before too, think the only reason it isn't this year is cos the derby plus the national on the same weekend would be pushing it traffic wise.

Have you checked places further out of town?

Not that pricely Fabs. 15 minutes from my house. You can all stay here.

I'm fucking annoyed.

Fucks sake.

They never play the home game that weekend on the Saturday, it always gets moved, it'll most likely be on the Sunday and there will be loads of rooms as all the racegoers fuck off home. I'd book for the Sunday and Monday separately and cancel whichever day it's on - but I guarantee the game won't be on the Saturday, they just haven't moved it yet.

They never play the home game that weekend on the Saturday, it always gets moved, it'll most likely be on the Sunday and there will be loads of rooms as all the racegoers fuck off home. I'd book for the Sunday and Monday separately and cancel whichever day it's on - but I guarantee the game won't be on the Saturday, they just haven't moved it yet.

I don't think they play home the 15th either. Was some talk of never having a (home) game this date? So monday is a good shout then?

His Dad is a Liverpool fan, though. If Jason Isaacs is the one who plays his Dad.

I haven't seen or read any of them, obviously.
Why is that obvious? You have two kids. It's not beyond the realms of perception that you might have sat and watched one with the family.

Luke asked to watch them, so we started with the first one ages ago.

We watched it for about 45 minutes & neither of us liked it, & it wasn't improving so fucked it off.

Harrison has been asking recently to watch it though so it may get watched soon, but I remember it being fucking awful with a load of snot nosed toffs who were shite actors, so I'm not looking forward to it.

I've no doubt the books are much better, cos it's hard to imagine something that shit being so popular for so long.

Just watched them all from 1 to 8 over the holiday. They are fun to watch as Harry potter is such an odious cunt that he is easy to laugh at

Why is that obvious? You have two kids. It's not beyond the realms of perception that you might have sat and watched one with the family.

Yes, I have seen him in the various snippets of films over the years, as I’m in the house when they’ve been on, but I have zero interest in the books or films so why would I watch read or watch them?

Luke asked to watch them, so we started with the first one ages ago.

We watched it for about 45 minutes & neither of us liked it, & it wasn't improving so fucked it off.

Harrison has been asking recently to watch it though so it may get watched soon, but I remember it being fucking awful with a load of snot nosed toffs who were shite actors, so I'm not looking forward to it.

I've no doubt the books are much better, cos it's hard to imagine something that shit being so popular for so long.

They’re books for children. So are the films.

And I’m not being a snob, because I love Star Wars and Dr Who and comics, but I wouldn’t read The Famous Five either. Or watch a film about them.

If I want fantasy and magic I’ll take Lord of the Rings, not some derivative load of badly-written bollocks written by a hatchet-faced amateur in a cafe

Yes, I have seen him in the various snippets of films over the years, as I’m in the house when they’ve been on, but I have zero interest in the books or films so why would I watch read or watch them?
Because one of the kids picked it? I've watched some awful shit because it's a 'family' film

Because one of the kids picked it? I've watched some awful shit because it's a 'family' film
My kids made me watch some shite about a some fucking badly animated turtle this weekend. It was utterly dreadful.

On the other hand they made me watch Coco the week before, which was pretty damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom