• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lovren priced at £25m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree, Lovren is one of the best defenders in the world, his performances in the CL last season and the subsequent world cup against some of the best players in the world proved he is just that. What he also demonstrated last season in his national team was the ability lead the back line while being partnered alongside a defender who is not up to the standard of any of Matip, or Gomez. I actually love his nutty appearances on the video's etc., nothing seems to dent his confidence. I hope he stays, because I really think he will be hard to replace.

On another note this De Ligt guy and all the transfer speculation surrounding him and the money/pay being mentioned - I don't personally give a fuck, but it worries me that it could truly unsettle some of our defenders watching a 19 year old earn so much. I hope I am wrong, but right now De Ligt reminds me of a young Ramos, who had quite a few Lovren 'moments' in his early days, but like Ramos likes to go forward. My biggest hope for him, is no one gets dragged into a price war for him, and he fucks up any moves and ends up staying at Ajax.

How can you not advocate for a player if you think he’s like Ramos who has one of the greatest careers ever in the game ?

Tony Evans really comes across like a smug bastard
I've shared a few words with him over a pint or two many years back (used to frequent the same local when I lived in Wavertree for a year or so) & he certainly wasn't then, was a really nice fella.

I've shared a few words with him over a pint or two many years back (used to frequent the same local when I lived in Wavertree for a year or so) & he certainly wasn't then, was a really nice fella.

Hmm, maybe his Twitter persona is a totally different one. Not the first time thats the case.

What? The same player who has been sent off more times than anyone else?

He gets away with fuck all
I know you were running to the bank to stash your cashout, but most of us remember him for getting no punishment after tearing our best player's arm from its socket and getting no punishment whatsoever.

What? The same player who has been sent off more times than anyone else?

He gets away with fuck all
Do we really need a player that has a habit of being sent off? We let in only 22 last season, losing 1 game and drawing 7. If he was a member of our squad last season would we have a higher point score than 97?

Hmm, maybe his Twitter persona is a totally different one. Not the first time thats the case.

He's laughably thin-skinned and vindictive in print and online, yes.

But I think that's just a bit of his professional persona, and he's not as bas IRL

Wasnt it something like "China buys Liverpool". The whole thing also involved someone called "Bamba" on RAWK who was supposed to be close to the deal. I seem to remember something about a Chinese rocket in regards to the news about this.
It was quite enjoyable and spectacularly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom