• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Luis Alberto - SIGNED fap fap fap - Fuck you Doc Mac, fuck you right in the face'

Status
Not open for further replies.
So should we all just turn on him now Ross?

I couldn't be arsed arguing against people calling him a waste of money when I really hope he isn't. It isn't a position I want to make right now.

I don't know how you have the motivation.

These are the same arguments people make every time we make a head scratching signing that turns out to be shit.

Not a good omen Mark.

Alot of clubs make head scratching deals that turn out to be shit, it's the nature of the game - you make speculative decisions on players based on what you've seen, until he does it in your system, in your country and with your players, you're in the dark pretty much, all you can do is hope you've done your homework well enough.

We've fucked up more than most of late for criminal amounts, but this is hardly in the same league really is it? A £6m fee plus potential add-ons? For his age and background you'd expect to get about 2/3rds of that back should he deal go awry, so the potential loss for what you're saying is essentially a gamble is negligible in comparison to what we were doing a couple of Summers back, it's nowhere near the same league. What you haven't acknowledged is that of our last six signings, you can probably question two of the fees (Alberto and Mignolet) - the rest have been relatively modest amounts in relation to pedigree and/or potential.

So should we all just turn on him now Ross?

I couldn't be arsed arguing against people calling him a waste of money when I really hope he isn't. It isn't a position I want to make right now.

I don't know how you have the motivation.

No you should all turn on me.

Reactions: ILD
I mentioned him already in the thread, or maybe the other one. He's in Binny's thread above.

So the example is one player?
Jairo played in the Segunda last season aswell. Difference is he's being bought from a club in the Segunda div B as they got relegated. Luis Alberto is being bought from La Liga. Buying a player from a third tier league club in financial crisis will be a bit different than a player from a La Liga club no?

You didnt think this through Ross

Ross, the majority of posters aren't up in arms over the signing. You are in the minority but you have positioned yourself there. There is no need for us to keep going around in circles when he hasn't kicked a ball yet. 6/7 million is a lot more that I expected to pay for him but ripping it up with Barca B isn't to be sniffed at. As others have pointed out, it's a similar level to the championship. I'm hoping this player is technically better than other young targets we've scouted.

Jump on the bandwagon, we all hope he's shit hot. Why bother grinding the axe over the fee time and time agaiin. No one is saying he's amazing, no one is saying we got a bargain. The majority will think 7million was an inflated fee. I do.
I'm happy we're taking the gamble on a potential next big thing as opposed to spending it on supposed proven players. We've no idea as posters if this player will be the next big thing. People are just affording him time, it's all we can do.

anyone any idea what price barca had the option to buy him for ?

and i've no idea why this is being debated , they paid 7m for him based on his season for barca B. Whether or not they overpaid we'll find out but clubs have been paying stupid money for flops for years when they thought at the time he was worth x or y . I mean some gobshites paid near 20m for downing .

So the example is one player?
Jairo played in the Segunda last season aswell. Difference is he's being bought from a club in the Segunda div B as they got relegated. Luis Alberto is being bought from La Liga. Buying a player from a third tier league club in financial crisis will be a bit different than a player from a La Liga club no?

You didnt think this through Ross

How about you shut the fuck up and put your name down in the 6CM Fantasy league,

anyone any idea what price barca had the option to buy him for ?

and i've no idea why this is being debated , they paid 7m for him based on his season for barca B. Whether or not they overpaid we'll find out but clubs have been paying stupid money for flops for years when they thought at the time he was worth x or y . I mean some gobshites paid near 20m for downing .

4m option.

I think Rosco is having some sort of a mid-life crisis and needs someone to talk to.

It's ok mate. We're all here for you. So, what is it that you wanna talk about ? Luis Alberto ?

Yeah. Totally agree with you that it's a gamble.

I think Rosco is having some sort of a mid-life crisis and needs someone to talk to.

It's ok Rosco. We're all here for you. So, what is it that you wanna talk about ? Luis Alberto ?

Yeah. Totally agree with you that it's a gamble.

I'm still too young for a midlife crisis.

Although I am sitting a fucking exam in about 99 minutes time and I'm on here educating you cunts - maybe I should rethink my priorities

la-ti-wz.jpg

In Barcelona B Alberto was 1st in assists and 2nd in goals.

What worries me is that Ross is taking an exam in mediating in disputes!

Ross: Listen here you pair of fuckheads. You are both fucking wrong. Just do as I, yes thats ME , tells you!

I hope your exam went swimmingly, Ross. I'm sure it did, because even if you hadn't done enough studying you strike me as intelligent and canny enough to come through with flying colours anyway! :)

Thomas Ince really had a fantastic season didn't he, I have no idea how Zaha is rated so much higher than him.

Thomas Ince really had a fantastic season didn't he, I have no idea how Zaha is rated so much higher than him.

He was signed by Utd, in media land that automatically makes him one of the top 5 players in the world, there will be outrage if he doesnt win the FIFA world player of the year next season

He was signed by Utd, in media land that automatically makes him one of the top 5 players in the world, there will be outrage if he doesnt win the FIFA world player of the year next season

That and Glen said so.
That's why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom