• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Man United (A) - Sunday 15:30

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Firing up now as i know people want to discuss.

Perfect prep to see us fight to the end to win and United to lose in injury time.

I’d start same team as tonight except Endo for Gravy if fit, or if not, Elliot in there. Feels too soon for Jones to start.

Kelleher

Bradley
Konate
Virgil
Gomez

Endo
Macca
Szobo

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

Plenty of arguments to have Robbo, Jones, Elliot starting. Would’ve be unhappy with any of them.

Probably go with Gomez on right but then his performance today was pants.
Get Jones back in and probably start with Eilliot.

I'd play Jones & Robbo instead of Szob & Gomez/Bradley but no problem whatsoever with that team. Hopefully Endo's fine as we need Macca advanced

Honestly? I'd be starting Elliott and macca with endo. Szob, for all his tireless pressing, Recently had looked off the boil creatively.

Varane and Evans both went off injured tonight. Are United down to one CB for our match on Sunday?

United conceded 28 shots tonight. Bodes well.

Honestly? I'd be starting Elliott and macca with endo. Szob, for all his tireless pressing, Recently had looked off the boil creatively.
Nah, Szobo is too vital in defence. We've seen Ellliot's defending quite recently against Man U.

Kelleher Gomez Konate Virgil Robbo Endo Mac Harvey Salah Nunez Gakpo

Diaz could do with a rest and Gakpo’s cameo today makes it easier to give him that rest. Endo back in, standard decision unless it’s one of those “proper knocks”, and Harvey over Szobo who’s looked out of sorts since the injury.

Nah, Szobo is too vital in defence. We've seen Ellliot's defending quite recently against Man U.
Equally, we saw him creatively in that game as well. Recently our creativity is a little lacklustre. Lots of shots, but not many high quality chances formed. Providing szob finds his form on that front, I'd agree completely with him starting. I still think he's been a bit of a passenger recently in the attack.

_____________________ Kelleher

Bradley _____ Konate _________ VvD _______ Robbo

_____________________ Endo

________ Macca ________________ Jones

__ Salah ____________ Nunez _____________ Diaz

I wouldn't start Gomez because he was responsible for slowing us down so much tonight with his 5 touches every time in possession, before he just offloaded it, Robbo & Diaz would be much better, with Jones as Mr Reliable holding onto the ball. Szobo can come on for him 2nd Half.

This game will have benefited Konate who I'd start if he's not injured. If he is then welcome back Quansah lad.

Varane and Evans both went off injured tonight. Are United down to one CB for our match on Sunday?

United conceded 28 shots tonight. Bodes well.
Depends. We needed Darwin's arse, a worldie and a 90th minute counter attack to make our 29 shots tonight count. If we gift chances to united like we did tonight, it's a huge concern

Equally, we saw him creatively in that game as well. Recently our creativity is a little lacklustre. Lots of shots, but not many high quality chances formed. Providing szob finds his form on that front, I'd agree completely with him starting. I still think he's been a bit of a passenger recently in the attack.
I think Szoboszlai has a different role. Elliott came on for Salah today and we needed to be more attacking.
We all saw what happened in the cup when Szob and Salah were subbed.
I don't see Klopp taking any more chances.

Last edited:
I think Szoboszlai has a different role. Elliott came on for Salah today and we needed to be more attacking.
We all saw what happened in the cup when Szob, Macca and Salah were subbed.
I don't see Klopp taking any more chances.
Szobs the new wijnaldum, and I fucking hate that for him

_____________________ Kelleher

Bradley _____ Konate _________ VvD _______ Robbo

_____________________ Endo

________ Macca ________________ Jones

__ Salah ____________ Nunez _____________ Diaz

I wouldn't start Gomez because he was responsible for slowing us down so much tonight with his 5 touches every time in possession, before he just offloaded it, Robbo & Diaz would be much better, with Jones as Mr Reliable holding onto the ball. Szobo can come on for him 2nd Half.

This game will have benefited Konate who I'd start if he's not injured. If he is then welcome back Quansah lad.
Also at fualt allowing the cross that lead to the goal

Szobs the new wijnaldum, and I fucking hate that for him
Yeah I know. He's a totally different player for Hungary. But I'm not sure I can use that as an excuse any more because Macca basically has the same role.
Szobo has unfortunately dropped off since the start of the season when he looked more like a Gerrard

Last edited:
Ok this is my logic. Might be flawed but here goes.
Quansah Vs Man U - 4 goals conceded
Konate Vs Man U - 0 goals conceded

Robbo Vs Man U - 1 goal conceded
Bradders Vs Man U 3 goals....

I'm going with Konate and Robbo

Ok this is my logic. Might be flawed but here goes.
Quansah Vs Man U - 4 goals conceded
Konate Vs Man U - 0 goals conceded

Robbo Vs Man U - 1 goal conceded
Bradders Vs Man U 3 goals....

I'm going with Konate and Robbo

But Bradley and Robertson play on opposite sides? Why not both?

My team:

Kelleher

Gomez
Konate
Van Dijk
Robbo

Endo
Macca
Szobo

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

Basically the same team that were up 2-1 against Man U, before Klopp decided to fuck around and find out. Subbed Robbo, Szobo and Salah.

United will always be dangerous on the counter and have plenty of match winners, but if we keep the ball well enough then we will have enough attacking quality to get over the line. They look raggered at the back and further injuries tonight.

It's a game that makes me miss Jota especially

--------------------Kelleher
Bradley---Konate---VVD---- Robertson
-----------------------Endo
--------Mac Allister----Jones
------Salah - - - - Nunez------Diaz

Klopp will probably start Dom and bring Jones off the bench, though.

United will always be dangerous on the counter and have plenty of match winners, but if we keep the ball well enough then we will have enough attacking quality to get over the line. They look raggered at the back and further injuries tonight.

It's a game that makes me miss Jota especially

--------------------Kelleher
Bradley---Konate---VVD---- Robertson
-----------------------Endo
--------Mac Allister----Jones
------Salah - - - - Nunez------Diaz

Klopp will probably start Dom and bring Jones off the bench, though.
Hey! You've stolen my team. I'm not having that.

We lost control of the midfield at Old Trafford when Szobo got subbed the last time. We need his pressing, pace and ball carrying.
Has to start on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom