• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Maxi Rodriguez on loan for rest of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=rebel23 link=topic=38216.msg1033767#msg1033767 date=1263478431]
it';s ironic Richey talks about Ferguson, if Richey was a united fan in 89 he would have wanted him shot

[/quote]

Look you're already making yourself look boring and stupid on one thread, maybe you should concentrate on that one and keep your fucking neb out of this

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=38216.msg1033770#msg1033770 date=1263478595]
it';s ironic Richey talks about Ferguson, if Richey was a united fan in 89 he would have wanted him shot

[/quote]

But it's not 89 Rebel, it's a shit load of league titles later.
[/quote]

Fergie's longevity, the cries for him to be sacked when finishing 14TH provide the best defence of what i advocate, sticking with the right trophy winning manager despite poor seasons or form

[quote author=Richey link=topic=38216.msg1033771#msg1033771 date=1263478749]

[/quote]

Look you're already making yourself look boring and stupid on one thread, maybe you should concentrate on that one and keep your fucking neb out of this
[/quote]

Hahaha...........Richey, Richey!!

The point is.... aw fuck, I can't be bothered. Yesterday it didn't bother me. Today I'm cranky and upset. Want to go back to bed.

"It's a good move in my career and I'm very happy to be stepping up to a club like Liverpool," he said.

"The most important thing for me now is to get playing and I'm very keen to start.

"For any player it is a great honour to pull on the Liverpool shirt and I'd like to do that as soon as possible.

"I am looking forward to a successful time here. I want to help the institution that is Liverpool and contribute the best I can."

10 things you need to know about Maxi Rodriguez

Rodriguez has been reunited with old pals Javier Mascherano and Fernando Torres at Anfield and says they advised him to come.

"I did speak with Javier when we were on international duty and he told me a lot," he said.

"It will be excellent for me to have someone like him onside on a daily basis. He has such great experience, so I hope we can continue our friendship here at Liverpool and he can teach me the ropes.

"I also spoke with Fernando. We played together for two years at Madrid and he had very good things to tell me, so when this opportunity arose I was happy to take it.

"It's always been a pleasure to share a dressing room with these guys and play alongside them.

"It's great to have the opportunity to get back into their lives and play football together."

The bit about Mascher is odd, considering his wife is allegedly so unsettled

regards

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=38216.msg1034556#msg1034556 date=1263551799]
"It's a good move in my career and I'm very happy to be stepping up to a club like Liverpool," he said.

"The most important thing for me now is to get playing and I'm very keen to start.

"For any player it is a great honour to pull on the Liverpool shirt and I'd like to do that as soon as possible.

"I am looking forward to a successful time here. I want to help the institution that is Liverpool and contribute the best I can."

10 things you need to know about Maxi Rodriguez

Rodriguez has been reunited with old pals Javier Mascherano and Fernando Torres at Anfield and says they advised him to come.

"I did speak with Javier when we were on international duty and he told me a lot," he said.

"It will be excellent for me to have someone like him onside on a daily basis. He has such great experience, so I hope we can continue our friendship here at Liverpool and he can teach me the ropes.

"I also spoke with Fernando. We played together for two years at Madrid and he had very good things to tell me, so when this opportunity arose I was happy to take it.

"It's always been a pleasure to share a dressing room with these guys and play alongside them.

"It's great to have the opportunity to get back into their lives and play football together."

The bit about Mascher is odd, considering his wife is allegedly so unsettled

regards
[/quote]
Allegedly.

Im not standing up for Rebel but I think his point (and its a good one) is that ferguson was 7 years at united before he won the league.

I seem to remember a Mark Robins goal keeping them in the FA cup ( which they went on to win), and keeping ferguson in a job.

The rest as they say, is history.

Fuck Mark Robins I say!

[quote author=Stu link=topic=38216.msg1034586#msg1034586 date=1263554649]
I can't recall United fortunes at that time Jack, but were they ever this shit?

[/quote]

Very. I think they even finished 11th one year

[quote author=Stu link=topic=38216.msg1034586#msg1034586 date=1263554649]
I can't recall United fortunes at that time Jack, but were they ever this shit?

[/quote]

Yes Stu they were laughably bad, and boy did we laugh

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=38216.msg1034600#msg1034600 date=1263555195]
As they have at us for the last two decades Jack
[/quote]

Dont I know it. As least I've had the satisfaction of seeing them squirm between 1969 and 1984

United were terrible. And it is very true to say that Ferguson's job was on the line in the 1989/90 season.

However, there are differences. I rather suspect the youth team that was on its way through helped buy him lots of time, and rightly as it turned out. Now, however good people claim our youth players to be can anyone really see them all coming through and making an impact like United's did in the early 90s?

Also, another criticism of Benitez is his transfer record. Ferguson has also made his mistakes of course but if you look back on his early years at United, the majority of players he signed then were still around when the titles started coming (people like Bruce, McClair, Hughes, Pallister, Ince, Sharpe, Irwin). Look back at Benitez's signings - of the first 20 players he signed how many are still here? Reina and possibly Agger. Doesn't give a great impression of a manager who knows what he is doing does it?

Also, another criticism of Benitez is his transfer record. Ferguson has also made his mistakes of course but if you look back on his early years at United, the majority of players he signed then were still around when the titles started coming (people like Bruce, McClair, Hughes, Pallister, Ince, Sharpe, Irwin). Look back at Benitez's signings - of the first 20 players he signed how many are still here? Reina and possibly Agger. Doesn't give a great impression of a manager who knows what he is doing does it?

And Danny Wallace. And Ralph Milne! Don't forget Ralph Milne!!

Here he is now:

ralph-milne_1550195c.jpg

Good points actually, re: the bit in bold.

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=38216.msg1034630#msg1034630 date=1263555982]

And Danny Wallace. And Ralph Milne! Don't forget Ralph Milne!!

Here he is now:

ralph-milne_1550195c.jpg

Good points actually, re: the bit in bold.
[/quote]

I did forget him. And I just read the article that photo came from. Feel a bit sorry for old Ralph now

[quote author=Jack D Rips link=topic=38216.msg1034609#msg1034609 date=1263555393]
[/quote]

Dont I know it. As least I've had the satisfaction of seeing them squirm between 1969 and 1984
[/quote]

Including relegation in the early 70s.

Sorry if this has been mentioned but does anyone know what Maxi's shirt number will be? And is he eligible for tomorrow?

[quote author=Halmeister link=topic=38216.msg1035265#msg1035265 date=1263601107]
I think Rafa said he's at least in the squad for tomorrow.
[/quote]

He'll be starting then, with Dirk up front.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=38216.msg1034774#msg1034774 date=1263563803]
[quote author=Jack D Rips link=topic=38216.msg1034609#msg1034609 date=1263555393]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Including relegation in the early 70s.
[/quote]

HOw I wish we could put them in their place; there are 2 whole generations of Mancs who don't even remember being shit.

Just like there's a whole generation of Reds who don't remember us being great.

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=38216.msg1035941#msg1035941 date=1263665788]
He's *really* fucking slow isn't he?
[/quote]

When he didn't go past the full back I had this thread in the back of my mind. Ha.

I'm not accepting he is slow yet. I'll make as assestment after a few games.

He is slower than evolution

By the time he gets past his fullback, the crowd have developed a third eye and telepathy

why did he even try to go past the full back? then just run into him and lose the ball. what he doesn't even realise he's slow? or he wasn't paying attention during the game and thought he'd test out whether the guy was somehow slower than him. he just embarrassed himself

You love it when players are slow these days. It's developing into a fetish for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom