• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

#Mbappe2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ijg

Very Active
As something I feel like I started/created somewhere on here at some point, I feel like it’s time to start a thread in preparation for next summer when future Ballon D’Or winner Kylian Mbappe joins the Premier League and Back to Back Champions League winners.

47e499beadc0d087922a3b7488ded10b.jpg

He recently liked this post of Salah and Hendo. He’s also chose us on games of FIFA. He’s been seen hugging Klopp and with Lebron James. He’s also sponsored by our latest kit maker, Nike.

It’s obviously going to happen.

Ha ha. There is no way in hell yes coming.

He’s everything we would never sign.

I wouldn’t want him either with all the baggage he’d bring with him in terms of wages, attitude, squad harmony etc.

There was a rumour that was Klopp was desperate to get him before he joined PSG, but we just couldn't financially compete. I'd be astounded if we actually landed him, as he just seems nailed on for Madrid, who remain in dire need of replacing Ronaldos goals.

Imagine if we signed Mbappe.

We would have a front 3 of Salah, Mane and Firmino and Lallana would lose his place on the bench.

I know I know!

I wouldn’t want him either with all the baggage he’d bring with him in terms of wages, attitude, squad harmony etc.

Says the man who wanted to sign Shane Long.

We've probs got the best stadium, the best team spirit, the best atmosphere, the best manager on the planet, we're CL holders and top of the best league. Who wouldn't want to move here?

Those who want to be paid silly wages which is a category he falls into.

where did you get the bit about attitude and squad harmony?
By all accounts he’s the polar opposite to Neymar.

Nike can pay that, stop cock blocking the dream

And what do we do when everyone else who’s actually earned it want matching wages? You can’t bring in a lad who hasn’t done a thing in red and pay him 300k a week and that’s what he’ll want minimum. It’s ruin the dressing room.

where did you get the bit about attitude and squad harmony?
By all accounts he’s the polar opposite to Neymar.

Look at what Mane has said about the squad. They are a family. Fast track way to ruin that? Bring in a player on stupid wages who’ll demand to be the main man without doing anything in red to prove himself.

Look at what Mane has said about the squad. They are a family. Fast track way to ruin that? Bring in a player on stupid wages who’ll demand to be the main man without doing anything in red to prove himself.
This seems like a knee jerk racist assessment. Nothing that has been written about Mbappe suggests he is any of these things.

It's not about his personality.

The reality is that he is paid more than 350,000 a week by PSG and he is not going to come here for much less, nice guy or not. Nor is he going to sit on the bench here.

When Mane out scores him are we going to pay him 350,000 a week too? What about Brewster and Elliot and the other youth who are about the same age as Mbappe?

Sorry but I'm with Dreamy on this . Mbappe can fk off.

What’s that got to do with this?

Evidence that your opinion on which forward we should or shouldn’t sign isn’t worth considering.

You’ve followed it up by creating a portrait of the man that bears no resemblance to reality.

Nike can pay that, stop cock blocking the dream

I know this in tongue in cheek but the of stupidity of Rawk etc suggesting that Nike wants Mbappe here just gets to me every time... Who the fk do u think sponsors PSG????

13years 8000posts :eek:

\what does it take to be upgraded to seniormember on here :(

I'm kinda new here too but it seems you have to achieve at least three of the following:
(1) be a hundred years old;
(2) was a Koptalk gold member;
(3) be a fan of Fawlty Towers/ Kelly's Heroes; or
(4) a Brexit-loving Conservative.

It's not about his personality.

The reality is that he is paid more than 350,000 a week by PSG and he is not going to come here for much less, nice guy or not. Nor is he going to sit on the bench here.

When Mane out scores him are we going to pay him 350,000 a week too? What about Brewster and Elliot and the other youth who are about the same age as Mbappe?

Sorry but I'm with Dreamy on this . Mbappe can fk off.

Why would you put Kylian Mbappe on the bench?

In what reality is Brewster & Elliot in the same league of a player as Mbappe?

I mean, do I think we’ll sign him, of course not, but then again - he’s absolutely the sort of player we want to be signing if we’re looking at any sort of sustained success over the next decade.

Some players want to play well and win just a bit more than that extra bit of dosh. Mane isnt going to leave for that extra 100k/week he could get. Mbappe donated his whole world cup salary. He seems to be the ideal character for his age.

We'll structure a deal that means he'll get paid very handsomely if he performs on the pitch. We're paying some very big salaries right now. Mbappe's global brand is big enough so that he can also get a nice raise from Nike for joining the world's sexiest club rn.

I obviously only think this happens if Salah wants to go and Klopp chooses him over Son, Sancho or Haavertz.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom