• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Michael Owen on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary25

Well-Known
themichaelowen michael owen
Our fans in stadium 45 mins after game singing their hearts out. When I emerged from dressing room they sang 'you scouse b*****d'!#magic#

Is this little cunt for real???

You can't be surprised gary, he's a massive fucking bellend

[quote author=themn link=topic=46957.msg1402796#msg1402796 date=1316618469]
Ok, and ?
[/quote]
^ this

Some of those twat Sum fans were singing the same at Charlie Adam, in January.

They and The Blockhead Traitor are welcome to one another.

Ok, and ?
[/quote]

I forgot the 'magic' bit at the end he added in.

I just think he's being a disrespectful bastard towards LFC - the Club which brought him up through the ranks, looked after him when he was injured, stood by him when he was going though rough spells etc.

Ok, he paid us back by scoring a bucket load of goals...but having fucked us around over signing a new contract then joining Real Madrid at the first opportunity, then snubbing us once again for Newcastle(yes Newcastle) then joining the fucking Mancs. You'd think he'd done enough damage.
Yet the slimey little cunt still feels the need to post shit like this up on his Twitter account.

[quote author=Gary25 link=topic=46957.msg1402852#msg1402852 date=1316626599]
Ok, and ?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Did he write that ?

[quote author=Gary25 link=topic=46957.msg1402852#msg1402852 date=1316626599]
Ok, and ?
[/quote]

I just think he's being a disrespectful bastard towards LFC - the Club which brought him up through the ranks, looked after him when he was injured, stood by him when he was going though rough spells etc.

Ok, he paid us back by scoring a bucket load of goals...but having fucked us around over signing a new contract then joining Real Madrid at the first opportunity, then snubbing us once again for Newcastle(yes Newcastle) then joining the fucking Mancs. You'd think he'd done enough damage.
Yet the slimey little cunt still feels the need to post shit like this up on his Twitter account.
[/quote]

How did you read all that in his tweet?

I had some autographed photos and a match winning football signed by him, a very close friend works for Liverpool and got them for my grandkids, the photos ended up on their dartboard and they burnt the ball one bommy night, they still have all the rest though, Oh except Torres' of course and Spitters they went the same way....

As anniversaries go, it is not one Michael Owen will wish to celebrate. Deep down, he may feel aggrieved, maybe a little embarrassed, though it is not always easy to tell. With Owen, if there are occasional moments of insecurity, he is as talented at hiding them as he was, in his pomp, at eluding centre-halves.

The date will be 2 October. Two weekends, in other words, until we reach a full year since Owen last started a league game in Manchester United's colours: a goalless draw at Sunderland he would probably rather forget. Owen made only one pass that day in the final third of the pitch, and it was a five-yard pass backwards. He did not have a single shot and was substituted at half-time.

What Owen demonstrated at Elland Road on Tuesday was a poke in the ribs to those who had been lulled into thinking of him in the past tense. His second goal in particular was a moment that invited memories of those glory times when we were all that bit more accustomed to that triumphant smile, the right arm aloft.

Except Owen talked afterwards of knowing it would not change anything. "You don't get many chances," he said. "When you do, you have to perform because it's going to be a couple of months before you see a pitch again."

It is a strange existence. Owen qualified for a Premier League winner's medal last season but it was a close-run thing. Ten of his 11 appearances were as a substitute and his one meaningful contribution was the equaliser in a 2-2 draw at Bolton Wanderers. In total, Owen has started 16 games since his free transfer from Newcastle United in July 2009. A further 33 appearances have come as a substitute and there have been 16 goals.

Ferguson talked of a player whose "goals-per-game ratio is fantastic" but continues to overlook him for the matches that really matter. Of Owen's 16 starts, only six have come in the league, at an average of one every four and a half months. Almost a third of his goals have been in the Carling Cup, against Scunthorpe United, Barnsley and, finally, a Leeds United team that did not seem to comprehend even the basics of what it meant to invite Manchester United into Elland Road.

Ferguson cited the presence of Wayne Rooney, Javier Hernández and Dimitar Berbatov but the cold, harsh reality for Owen is that he has also fallen behind Danny Welbeck and is, at best, fifth-choice striker now. At other times, Federico Macheda's presence has meant the man who collected the Ballon d'Or in 2001 having to watch matches in a suit. Owen did make it on to the bench for the Champions League final against Barcelona in May but was not used and his presence, ahead of Berbatov, became one of the great team-selection controversies of Ferguson's quarter of a century in charge.

On the face of it, there is nothing particularly unusual about seeing a once-feared striker who has reached the point when he will admit he is in decline. Football is littered with men who reach their 30s and can understand what the old baseball pitcher Vernon Gomez meant when he talked of "throwing the ball just as hard as I ever did – it's just not getting there as fast".

For Owen, once reliant on speed and having been afflicted by long-term injuries, it is probably only inevitable that, at 31, there was so much surprise when United offered him another contract at the end of last season. The curiosity of Owen's story, however, is that he would rather stay in the background at Old Trafford than play regularly at another club, and has been quite happy to advertise it, saying: "I prefer playing less often in a top team than every game in a poor team. I've been there and didn't enjoy it."

By that he means Newcastle's relegation and at least he is being honest, even if it does jar with those who believe a footballer should get his job satisfaction from being under the floodlights.

The Daily Post – admittedly a newspaper with Merseyside leanings – has described him as "a fare dodger riding on Manchester United's open-top bus parade". But the scepticism has also been evident in Manchester at times. Owen, once of Anfield, has a strange relationship with United's supporters. Among the messages sent to his Twitter account after the 3-0 defeat of Leeds, one read: "Good 1-0 win tonight. Your goals don't count."

Owen has had to grow wearily accustomed to the "bench-warmer" Twitter jibes, as anyone who has seen his tennis-like exchanges with Piers Morgan can testify. It does raise the question, though, of what happens after Manchester United and whether he has the appetite to start again if the club decide not to renew next summer.

This, quite conceivably, could be Owen's last season, given that he has said: "I won't drop down the leagues and whether I would even want to drop down to a poorer Premier League team … I don't know. Yes, I could score goals, but I would probably get less opportunities and less enjoyment. I'd rather play less and train with top players, rather than playing every minute of every game, getting three or four touches and not enjoying it."

He does, after all, have another sport to consider. Owen's stables now have more than 100 horses and offer a new life beyond football. This is where Owen gets most of his happiness these days, crying tears of elation and hoarse with emotion when Brown Panther won the King George V Stakes at Ascot in June. The celebrations were nothing like as raucous in a Carling Cup third-round tie. Owen, though, is entitled to think he has demonstrated his case for more minutes on the pitch.

Except we have been here before. Last season, in the same stage of the competition, he scored twice in a 5-2 victory at Scunthorpe. In the next game, at Bolton Wanderers, he was on the bench and scored three minutes after coming on. Then United played Valencia in the Champions League. Owen was not even in the squad.

I'm bemused as to why he goes on twitter. Being one of the most insular footballers I've ever seen, the need to 'share' even the most trivial detail with the public seems so out of character. And he can't seem to stop mentioning Liverpool. He's a bit like Lady Macbeth, scrubbing constantly to remove that blood stain. It's the wrong shade of red, I guess.

[quote author=gkmacca link=topic=46957.msg1403699#msg1403699 date=1316777551]
I'm bemused as to why he goes on twitter. Being one of the most insular footballers I've ever seen, the need to 'share' even the most trivial detail with the public seems so out of character. And he can't seem to stop mentioning Liverpool. He's a bit like Lady Macbeth, scrubbing constantly to remove that blood stain. It's the wrong shade of red, I guess.
[/quote]He's wanting out of scum in summer, just hope kd doesn't fancy the welsh tw@t

[quote author=Shadey link=topic=46957.msg1403801#msg1403801 date=1316795523]
[/quote]He's wanting out of scum in summer, just hope kd doesn't fancy the welsh tw@t
[/quote]

Where'd you hear that? The cunt seems very content with life at the scum. Whether he's on the bench or not.

[quote author=Gary25 link=topic=46957.msg1403835#msg1403835 date=1316803239]
[/quote]

Where'd you hear that? The cunt seems very content with life at the scum. Whether he's on the bench or not.
[/quote]

Striker Michael Owen has hinted that he will leave Manchester United next summer to get more playing time in the final years of his career. http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Michael-Owen-hints-at-leaving-Manchester-United-in-search-of-more-regular-games-after-his-first-start-of-2011-article802396.html also read it in another paper

[/quote]

He's not Welsh.

[quote author=Kenny4PM link=topic=46957.msg1403981#msg1403981 date=1316852315]
[/quote]

He's not Welsh.
[/quote] I know..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom