• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

MNF with Klopp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing induces a feeling of fatigue like Can coming on and suddenly making stupid misplaced passes all over the place. So long as the concentration levels are kept high and the passing remains precise, it's fine.

Nothing induces a feeling of fatigue like Can coming on and suddenly making stupid misplaced passes all over the place. So long as the concentration levels are kept high and the passing remains precise, it's fine.

Yes, I think the changes had a dramatic impact on our play.

So much this. Our tactics were never a surprise in the glory days. We were just too good at them for any opposition to be able to stop us consistently.

There's a lot of truth in this, but equally as important now-a-days is the preparation. Again, like tactics, the more knowledgable football folks out there will be able to work out much of what is done at Melwood - but the key to good tactics and good execution is how those tactics are worked on and drilled on the training field. It's also fairly unnatural in my opinion to set up your team just to nullify the opposition in each and every game, at some point ego gets in the way and you want to impose your way on the game - far better to start with that intention and let the opposition worry about you.

Let's also not forget how big of a part footballing philosophy plays. If you have a club buying into the one way of playing - as in our most dominant periods - then a whole squad of players who have that style so ingrained as to be natural and instinctive becomes very difficult to stop over the course of a season.

You think he was offering up the nuclear codes or something?! Jesus.

Your average Joe Tactic down the pub knows what Klopp's team do, and could explain it probably in better English than Jurgen did last night. Forward press, number 10 splitting the pitch, attacking full-backs, and not allowing the opposition #6 space to dictate play. Do you think Mourinho's sitting there watching that and furiously taking notes?

Fuck me mate.

I think I might have said that in me post mate. I found it educational mind, along with Curtis's article on Monday.

We don't always slow down in the second half. That's ignoring the circumstances of the matches. In the majority of games we've done well enough in the first half to play a different kind of game in the second half. Against, say, Arsenal, when we still needed to push in the second half, we upped the pace until we'd got the goals.

It's always good to score early. That goes without saying, really. If you do that then of course you manage the game more effectively in terms of pace and intensity. I don't think you can make too many judgements as to our stamina when we haven't NEEDED to stretch it so far. Not needing to stretch it, and actively conserving it, is not a sign of its absence.

What we do need to do, obviously, is to defend more consistently and effectively.
Of course we can't keep the same tempo throughout the game, but I do expect us to somewhat control the game and protect the lead. I mean the lack of clean sheets is a bit worrying.

I like what Klopp did against Chelsea when he brought on a defensive midfielder. I want to see more of that, with Can and Lucas being the one's coming on somewhere around 70th minute mark to sure up the midfield.

One thing is clear to me, the Lallana- Wijnaldum- Hendo combo is great at harassing and closing down opponents, but how good are they at defending when the opponents are coming at us? Especially late in game.

We do look a fair bit stronger in defence now that Matip is playing so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Two things that still worry me about Klopp's tactics:

1) As I already mentioned in another thread, the fact that we seem to slow down in the 2nd half. Obviously against a 10 man Hull that wasn't that big of a problem.

2) I still believe it's absolutely vital that we take the lead and finish teams off by the first half. We came back thanks to a wonder goal against Arsenal but against Burnley who only sat back and defended we were unable to hurt them the same way we hurt teams who come at us. This somewhat relates to my first point. If our opponents manage to score early in the game and manage to keep the lead during the entire first half, are we strong enough to turn it around?

Both points very valid - it is a pattern i have noticed in our second half play and could equally be because we are being pressed. But the first half running and pressing with such intensity will diminish any players stamina for 2nd half. I have noticed that our passsing starts to be less accurate too.

To answer your second question - i am not sure if we can and the arsenal game is not a good barometer as we did little pressing in the first half so those 18 mins of dominance in 2nd half was possible.

Britain wants Jurgen Klopp to be its stepdad

27-09-16

BRITAIN’S football fans have admitted that having Jurgen Klopp as a stepdad would be great.

After the Liverpool manager made people actually care about a Burnley-Watford match last night, the consensus was that having him around when you went back home would be ace.

Arsenal fan Wayne Hayes said: “I’ve always thought Arsene Wenger would be a distant, patrician type who would constantly remind me what a disappointment I was to my mother but Jurgen would get me pissed on home brew in his shed.

“He’d pop 20 Regal into my top pocket, ruffle my hair and we’d go and watch Jaws together on his massive telly.”

Klopp stood in for Sky pundit Gary Neville and was immediately inundated with requests to permanently replace the former Valencia punchline.

Thousands called in to the show to ask the producers to pass on a photo of their mum with her phone number on the back and a comment on how good she looks for her age.

Hayes said: “Most people’s step-dads just make the bathroom a no-go area after Christmas dinner, like I reckon Sam Allardyce does.”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport...jurgen-klopp-to-be-its-stepdad-20160927114466

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom