• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mohamed Salah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ, if true its a good thing we miss out. Nowhere near worth that.

Go get Alex Song.

Yeh, at £12m this seemed like a great deal, at £15m+ its starting to seem not worth it. Unless most of its made up in performance bonuses etc.

This Salah lad undoubtedly has shown a bit of skill in the Swiss league however does seem to like the old kick and run which may not cut it in England. Considering the transfer fee mentioned, I'd prefer to look at what we already have loaned out to other clubs and at Melwood.

Erm Everton have been skint for years, do people remember them bidding for Dirk Kuyt, Michael Owen, Craig Bellamy.... There were plenty more over the years.

Bids were just under the price of whatever these players went for. The point of these bids were to appease the fans, making out like they had the money to buy these players, but were gazumped by a slightly higher offer. Poor Everton.

This Salah thing smells a bit like that to me anyway.

“It was a long and fair negotiation with Liverpool, but it lasted two-and-a-half months - too long,” said Sascha Empacher.

“Both clubs could not agree on terms. When Chelsea contacted Basel, he was happy and took his chance. It was no financial matter.”

We seen to have 2 methods for conducting transfers.

- take forever negotiating & re-negotiating until someone else buys him.

- panic buy & overpay for someone not entirely convincing.

We should learn to use smokescreens when going for targets. Let our rivals buy what they think are our priority targets and we get what we want. Its not a novel idea.

We should learn to use smokescreens when going for targets. Let our rivals buy what they think are our priority targets and we get what we want. Its not a novel idea.

Except we'd end up buying the smokescreen instead, probably having signed some binding agreement by mistake. I'm looking at you, Aspas.

Except we'd end up buying the smokescreen instead, probably having signed some binding agreement by mistake. I'm looking at you, Aspas.
Aspas is a waste of money and space. Plays with no heart or desire.

I'm hoping for a Suso return.

We seen to have 2 methods for conducting transfers.

- take forever negotiating & re-negotiating until someone else buys him.

- panic buy & overpay for someone not entirely convincing.

No one really knows how we got stung over Salah, the facts are he signed for a better positioned club, in the capital, who can offer European football. People seem dead surprised that his club and his agent have held out for the best deal, a deal that ultimately all in ended up being near twice our valuation (£11m plus £5m add ons). Four weeks ago Basle didn't want to sell until the Summer, unless they had a replacement lined up, the money swung it in the end I guess, but they were adamant they didn't want to disrupt their post winter break preparations. No one's mentioned that when it's come to these delays, even though it was reported widely for a week.

No one really knows how we got stung over Salah, the facts are he signed for a better positioned club, in the capital, who can offer European football. People seem dead surprised that his club and his agent have held out for the best deal, a deal that ultimately all in ended up being near twice our valuation (£11m plus £5m add ons). Four weeks ago Basle didn't want to sell until the Summer, unless they had a replacement lined up, the money swung it in the end I guess, but they were adamant they didn't want to disrupt their post winter break preparations. No one's mentioned that when it's come to these delays, even though it was reported widely for a week.

Maybe we should just follow their scouts, see who they are lining up as Salah replacement, and hijack that transfer.
They seem to be doing pretty well buying bargains who turn out to be good players (or at least increase the value of their investment) - first Shaqiri, then Salah.

Clubs like Porto and Atletico Madrid consistently get great South American players and later sell them for much more. We should try hiring their scouts or just employ spies who identify their targets.

Aspas is a waste of money and space. Plays with no heart or desire.

I'm hoping for a Suso return.

989.gif

The player went to Dublin, recently and was called "Cesar's" all weekend. It was then realized a move to England's most Irish city would be an error. (Groan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom