• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Poll Nat or Gomez, who would you sell (poll)?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Who would rather you sell?

• Gomez

Votes: 32 78.0%
  • Nat

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
Its really a case of which is suited to be a better 4th choice CB and I think Nat is. Gomez's injures will eventually take their toll on him, and with him having a higher market value - I'd sell Gomez.

Sorry if I'm duplicating the other thread, I'd like to see where other people stand on this subject via a poll.
maybe mods can merge the two threads?

For me Gomez lacks in a lot of things other than pace, not particularly commanding in the air....he's injury prone...& he's switches off far too often.

Nat is a proper old school defenders defender who's a bit of a weapon in the air & wears his heart of his sleeve.....& was very good back end of last season to help us finish 3rd.

If we can get 30m for Gomez I'd sell.

Is there really a point to this question because we all know that Nat is going to be sold? Klopp clearly doesn't rate him as highly as Gomez. So end of the line for Nat unfortunately.

But if I had to make the choice, I'd probably sell Gomez.

Is there really a point to this question because we all know that Nat is going to be sold? Klopp clearly doesn't rate him as highly as Gomez. So end of the line for Nat unfortunately.

True, I do wonder if Klopp still has plans on writing that book on Nat and Kabak though like he said in every post match last season.

If you take this attitude, is there really any point to SCM, as I'm quietly confident it doesn't often influence Klopps or Edwards thinking...

If you take this attitude, is there really any point to SCM, as I'm quietly confident it doesn't often influence Klopps or Edwards thinking...
I get what you're saying, but in this specific topic, we're talking about a player that is obviously getting sold.

Would sell Gomez. He has the higher ceiling and is a better fit for our defense but being available is the most important quality in a player. Nat wins on that aspect.

Not too bothered. Probably Phillips because Klopp clearly doesn't feel he's suited to our football. We know Gomez is.

Considering how many rumours there are surrounding bids for Gomez, I guess there is. If Klopp wants Bellingham, he is going to get closer meeting that price by selling Gomez

Considering how many rumours there are surrounding bids for Gomez, I guess there is. If Klopp wants Bellingham, he is going to get closer meeting that price by selling Gomez
Yeah I think there is interest in Gomez. Probably because they can get him cheap

Gomez will sell for big money that could be put to better use. He's been injured so I'll not talk about tonight, but he has never looked as reliable as Matip or Virg. Nat just exudes character. He's a perfect back up.

There's a reason Klopp isn't that arsed about keeping Nat, cos he's not that good. You sell a fringe player when their stock is high, that's just good business. How many times have we held onto a player only to see their values steadily decrease over time. Sell Nat now, it's the only time we will get a decent fee for him.

Also and this bears repeating, Gomez is miles better.

Not after his last few outings. What you say about Nat can equally be applied to Gomez.

There's a reason Klopp isn't that arsed about keeping Nat, cos he's not that good. You sell a fringe player when their stock is high, that's just good business. How many times have we held onto a player only to see their values steadily decrease over time. Sell Nat now, it's the only time we will get a decent fee for him.

Also and this bears repeating, Gomez is miles better.

We should sell Gomez to some gobshite who sees it this way.

We should sell one, keep one. I'm not particularly bothered either way but you've got to think Gomez sells for more. So I voted to sell Gomez.

Gomez was utter dogshit tonight. I voted to sell Gomez - and today I think he just made the clear case for why. Either way - he's fourth choice.

I wouldn’t sell either of them.

Well... not yet.

I’d be inclined to keep Gomez until the end of the season to see if he can avoid injury and play himself back into a bit of form. If he does and we want to cash in, then we’ll be able to demand a higher fee - right now I think other teams will try to lowball us due to injury issues.

Nat’s kind of the same - his value isn’t high at the minute and I don’t buy this shit about letting him leave cheaply as a sign of respect.

Importantly - they’re both home grown - so if we do sell, we’d likely have to look at Homegrown players to replace them - and we know that’s not going to be cheap.

Also - Van Dijk & Matip will both be 31 by the start of next season - so we need to start thinking about replacing one of them - likely Matip.

I’d seriously consider selling Matip at the end of the season while we might still get a reasonable fee for him and keep both Nat & Gomez.

Gomez has always been an immense CB with awesome attributes to be anything he wanted to be when fit.
He has showed that between 2017-2020.
No amount of retrospective rewritting this season can change that for me but currently he looks done with us and his heart doesn’t seem in it for us anymore, he deserves more than to be 5th cb with us and probably under Gerrard he can discover the consistency and passion so good move for him.
How long has he been with us ? 7 yrs now? Sometimes change of scene is good.

I still believe Gomez can get back to his best. He's just been away from football for a long time and is in desperate need of games.
It's just been a vicious cycle of injuries and playing himself back to form lately.
He's not really a kid anymore and unfortunately not dependable.
Matip "was" going through the same cycle, but the big difference is that his performance level doesn't drop when he's out.

I wouldn’t sell either of them.

Well... not yet.

I’d be inclined to keep Gomez until the end of the season to see if he can avoid injury and play himself back into a bit of form. If he does and we want to cash in, then we’ll be able to demand a higher fee - right now I think other teams will try to lowball us due to injury issues.

Nat’s kind of the same - his value isn’t high at the minute and I don’t buy this shit about letting him leave cheaply as a sign of respect.

Importantly - they’re both home grown - so if we do sell, we’d likely have to look at Homegrown players to replace them - and we know that’s not going to be cheap.

Also - Van Dijk & Matip will both be 31 by the start of next season - so we need to start thinking about replacing one of them - likely Matip.

I’d seriously consider selling Matip at the end of the season while we might still get a reasonable fee for him and keep both Nat & Gomez.
Yeah I get the thinking but no. 31 isn't old at all for a CB and VvD is going to be a Maldini. Both will be good for the first team thru 35 at least. Rotation is necessary in this era, with the intensity and number of games we play, so those two + Konate +1 (Philips or Gomez) is required. Happy to sell the 5th choice as it gives the academy players a route through to the first team (assuming good enough).

Yeah I get the thinking but no. 31 isn't old at all for a CB and VvD is going to be a Maldini. Both will be good for the first team thru 35 at least. Rotation is necessary in this era, with the intensity and number of games we play, so those two + Konate +1 (Philips or Gomez) is required. Happy to sell the 5th choice as it gives the academy players a route through to the first team (assuming good enough).

I agree Van Dijk will - not so sure about Matip.

Either way, I’d not be too worried if we did sell one of our CB’s - I just wouldn’t necessarily do it in January unless we got an offer we couldn’t refuse or it was absolutely necessary to fund an incoming player we really wanted.

I agree Van Dijk will - not so sure about Matip.

Either way, I’d not be too worried if we did sell one of our CB’s - I just wouldn’t necessarily do it in January unless we got an offer we couldn’t refuse or it was absolutely necessary to fund an incoming player we really wanted.
Or to give to Salah to keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom