• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NBA 2016/17

dmishra

Very Well-Known
Offseason underway, so new thread.

With the salary cap increasing exponentially, the contracts being thrown about are pretty insane.

Dwight Howard to the Hawks at 3 years/70 million.

Noah to the Knicks for 4 years/72 million. Knicks creating a sicknote roster it seems. They will continue to suck.

No moves yet from any of the Championship contenders other than OKC who traded Ibaka for Oladipo, Ilyasova and Sabonis. There is some talk about the Thunder pursuing Horford, which would be very interesting indeed.

Adams, Horford, Durant, Oladipo, Westbrook is an absolutely tenacious team defensively. That team will give major fits to the Warriors. The floor spacing is a little fucked though - they'd need to add a couple of shooters off the bench desperately.

Also, Mike Conley re-signed by the Grizzlies at 5 years/153 million. Fuck. What will Durant get? 250 million?

Chandler Parsons also going to the Grizz at 4 years/94 million.

The adjectives describing Durant's meetings with the Warriors, and even moreso the Clippers have been a bit more than I expected. I'm genuinely now wondering if hearing a couple of excellent pitches from other teams has gotten him thinking about a move.

As he hears all these pitches from other teams, I think the idea of a move away might grow on him, if it hasn't already. If it grows on him enough to leave OKC remains to be seen, but I think it's possible now.

Yeah, Clippers saying they'll build a big 4 around Paul, Jordan, Griffin and Durant. The allure of the Warriors is obvious, but I wonder if Durant really works next to Curry and Thompson, all of whom need a lot of shots to be effective.

I think if the Thunder do get Horford, it'd be wise for Durant to sign a 1 + 1 year deal with them, and see if he can win a ring there. If not, he can always test free agency again.

Major lol at Lakers signing Mozgov at 4 years/64 million. Mozgov is a talentless stiff.

Brandon Ingram better be good, else the Lakers' future still looks bleak.

Durant will get the max but theres some complex formula for determining what that is. It might even be less than Conley got.
If there wasn't a max he'd get all the money.

Mozgov's 4 year for 64m deal will be hard to beat for awfulness. The Lakers are fucked

Durant will get the max but theres some complex formula for determining what that is. It might even be less than Conley got.
If there wasn't a max he'd get all the money.

Mozgov's 4 year for 64m deal will be hard to beat for awfulness. The Lakers are fucked
They've just given Luol Deng 4 years/72 million. Incredible.

Horford goes to the Celtics btw at 4 years/113 million. Wasn't too impressed by OKC's pitch apparently.

Mozgov is a decent center though - 10/10/2 kinda player in the right system. Protect the rim for their kids to attack at will. May work, but doubtful.

Mozgov is a decent center though - 10/10/2 kinda player in the right system. Protect the rim for their kids to attack at will. May work, but doubtful.

Given how well posterised he gets I'm doubtful too.

Durant's decision is expected soon. Tom Brady turned up with the Celtics to pitch him on Boston. The Warriors want him - would him Steph, Klay and Draymond +1 be the best starting 5 ever ?

It makes sense for him to sign the 1 year deal with the Thunder but it also looks like he's taking other teams seriously.

Given how well posterised he gets I'm doubtful too.

Durant's decision is expected soon. Tom Brady turned up with the Celtics to pitch him on Boston. The Warriors want him - would him Steph, Klay and Draymond +1 be the best starting 5 ever ?

It makes sense for him to sign the 1 year deal with the Thunder but it also looks like he's taking other teams seriously.

1 year deal w/OK I'm sure and he'll be a FA next year again

Mavericks with ANOTHER off season with getting no one ... :(

Especially given the addition of Oladipo who should be perfect for that team. Staying for one year and then taking a max offer somewhere is his best financial option.

Which is why i find it strange that he even met with other teams.

WOW WOW WOW

Durant signs for Golden State ...

two questions?
1) Westbrook to average triple double next year?
2) If it's not broke, why fix it? Will Golden State be able to share the ball enough?

WOW WOW WOW

two questions?
2) If it's not broke, why fix it? Will Golden State be able to share the ball enough?

I mean with Ibaka and Durant gone, expect Westbrook to get stupid numbers taking like 50 shots a game.

Really happy with how this is playing out just because it's seemingly pissed everybody off.

CmiBdKUWEAA1Q6i.jpg:large

The Warriors wont be everyones 2nd favourite team now. Thats a nice headache for Steve Kerr next season, it will probably take him a while to figure out the lineups.

Yup, I fear for the Lakers.

I can see why we are getting Mozgov and Deng, they will be good locker room presences for the yoofs. On-court is another issue though.

I thought Lakers jumped the gun on Mozgov. They could have waited and gotten Bogut on a one year deal from GSW. No fucking team options as well, its 4 year guaranteed.

Deng is now better as a 4 rather than a 3. I think he might take minutes away from Randle and Nance which is just weird.

If the Lakers had waited they could have gotten Bogut and Barnes a la Mavs, but I guess Buss and Kupchak just wanted to get the players in quickly.

Quite a frustrating preseason, but better than season.

WOW WOW WOW

two questions?

Would Westbrook be even there though?

It's broke because they didnt win the Championship. I think the players on the team will do enough to share the ball. Durant wont come in and behave like the star among stars but will blend right in. The only thing to worry about for now is the lack of bench. They have to give up Bogut (signing Pachulia helps though, he's only expected to defend and grab rebounds), Barbosa, Ezeli and Speights. I wonder who will join them on the minimum.

Barnes - overrated
Bogut - more injury prone than Allen.

Would Westbrook be even there though?

It's broke because they didnt win the Championship. I think the players on the team will do enough to share the ball. Durant wont come in and behave like the star among stars but will blend right in. The only thing to worry about for now is the lack of bench. They have to give up Bogut (signing Pachulia helps though, he's only expected to defend and grab rebounds), Barbosa, Ezeli and Speights. I wonder who will join them on the minimum.

I hope the Mavs make a move for him ... OKC will build for the future sooner, rather than later.

Though I said from the get go they wouldn't win it, they probably would have with a healthy Stephen Curry ... Though Durant isn't a twat, it will cause friction when you have to share shots ...

Mn04x16.jpg

No doubt Westbrook will bolt next. The rumours are he won't sign an extension so the Thunder may trade him.

Barnes - overrated
Bogut - more injury prone than Allen.

I hope the Mavs make a move for him ... OKC will build for the future sooner, rather than later.

Though I said from the get go they wouldn't win it, they probably would have with a healthy Stephen Curry ... Though Durant isn't a twat, it will cause friction when you have to share shots ...
The narrative I'm hearing is that the Thunder kept over the years talking about the Thunder being Durant/Westbrook's team, and Durant resisted that. He never wanted the team to be associated with being on the back(s) of one or two players, and would rather just be the Thunder.

That's why the Warriors approach of sacrifice/selfless play appealed to him so much.

That's bullshit, Durant cares about his legacy, I hope they win fuck all.

As usual Durant is talking shit to make himself look good. He talked shit about LBJ choosing the Heat a few years back. I hated him before, now I have zero respect for him as a person or a competitor.

What would we think of MJ if he left Chicago for Detroit after getting his ass handed to him for a few years? Jordan manned up and beat their ass on the court, not joined them, Durant is a fucking joke.

My only hope is the warriors implode, but they could very well be the best team ever assembled on paper ... it is paper after all.

I never thought it possible for me to hate Kevin Durant AND the Warriors more than I already do, but as they say in Jurassic Park, life found a way.

Maybe Westbrook will decide to come to San Antonio after next season when he becomes a free agent. A San Antonio team with Westbrook would challenge in the West, and Westbrook will desperately want to stick it to Durant I would imagine, wishful thinking I know.

Spurs trade Boris Diaw to Utah to make room for Pau Gasol, adios to the big croissant.

I like the Pau Gasol acquisition, but at this point it seems like it won;t matter in the grand scheme of things.

I think Klay will leave in 2018. I think he proved this year that he's a genuine superstar in his own right. I can't see him being too happy with the reduced role he'll have with Durant in the team.

Chances are he'll be coveted as the #1 option by a number of teams in 2018. If that leaves the Warriors with Draymond, Durant and an injury-prone Curry, they're not going to have that dynastic dominance that everyone is talking about.

Meanwhile, Wade signs with the bulls at 2 years/47.5 million. The East getting a tiny bit more competitive. The Bulls with Butler and Wade, and the Pacers with George, Teague and Turner should at least make the playoffs a little more interesting.

Back
Top Bottom