• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NBA 2020-21

dmishra

Very Well-Known
The NBA 2020-21 offseason commences today.

For those who haven't been following, the important personnel changes so far:
  • Doc Rivers now coaching the Sixers. Houston's Daryl Morey has also joined the Sixers as GM
  • Ty Lue coaching the Clippers
  • Steve Nash (with D'Antoni and Amare Stoudemire as assistants) will be coaching KD and Kyrie in Brooklyn. That should be interesting / hilarious
  • Houston seems to be moving to a new direction. They've hired Stephen Silas (Paul Silas' son) as head coach. Westbrook and Harden both seem to want out. Interesting to see where this goes
  • Bucks seem to be on a sticky wicket with Giannis. Their cap situation is bad, and I don't think they have a lot of flexibility to make changes. Giannis has been hinting an exit next year.
Trade moratorium gets lifted today. Draft on Wednesday, free agency on Friday.

First trade of the season already announced by Woj - Lakers acquiring Dennis Schroder from OKC.

Does LaMelo go number 1 in the draft ?
Nobody wants to be picking at the top of this draft. Super underwhelming.

Lamelo is a flashy passer, but boy his efficiency playing in NZ last year was putrid.

Flip a coin.
Him or Wiseman.

Top 10 player will be Denny Avidja - an Israeli kid. Decent prospect him.
Avdija looks like a nice prospect. Not a patch on Luka of course.

There's another Israeli kid in the second round called Yam Madar - I really like the look of him as well.

Avdija looks like a nice prospect. Not a patch on Luka of course.

There's another Israeli kid in the second round called Yam Madar - I really like the look of him as well.

Very few prospects from Europe will ever get to Luka's level at his age ...
Madar is definitely an interesting prospect - was not sure he'd get drafted ...
His first name means Ocean/sea ...

What about Anthony Edwards ? I've never seen any of these guys play but he's talked of as a potential no. 1 pick too

Jrue Holiday to the Bucks for Bledsoe, George Hill and a slew of picks.

Robert Covington traded to the Blazers for Ariza and a couple of picks. Looks like Houston is blowing it up. Expect a Harden trade soon.

What about Anthony Edwards ? I've never seen any of these guys play but he's talked of as a potential no. 1 pick too
Talented, but highly questionable motor. This is not a good draft at all at the top end.

Bucks have now also traded for Bogdan Bogdanovic from the Kings.

Lopez, Giannis, Middleton, Bogdanovic, Holiday is a really nice starting 5. Maybe Giannis signs his supermax extension now.

Don't know what bench depth they'll have now though.

Last edited:
Jrue Holiday to the Bucks for Bledsoe, George Hill and a slew of picks.

Great defensive pg who can score at a nice clip too.
Gives them a chance to get Giannis but I think hell wait till next season to decide.

Porzingis will miss start of season ... sucks

If the Rockets were to deal Harden, I think the Sixers would give them better value with a package around Ben Simmons.

@LeTallecWiz Dallas did some great work today. Josh Green, Tyrell Terry and Tyler Bey - three of my favourite prospects in the draft, and just perfect fits next to Luka. I like the acquisition of Josh Richardson as well. You're going to be good.

Phoenix made a head scratching selection at #10 again passing on some much better prospects. Don't really know where this team will go, even with the acquisition of CP3.

@LeTallecWiz Dallas did some great work today. Josh Green, Tyrell Terry and Tyler Bey - three of my favourite prospects in the draft, and just perfect fits next to Luka. I like the acquisition of Josh Richardson as well. You're going to be good.

Phoenix made a head scratching selection at #10 again passing on some much better prospects. Don't really know where this team will go, even with the acquisition of CP3.

I don't know much about Terry (but I read he's considered a really good 3pt shooter) and Bey - no clue who it is mate.
Very happy with josh Richardson - i mean, Seth Curry is a great shooter (smart trade from Morey - spacing the floor for the sixers) but poor defensively. Richardson is what we need on the wing ... If Porzingis can just get healthy, we'd be very dangerous ... but it all rests on Luka. I really hope Giannis will be added next summer - perfect place for him (no state tax), European players and a great coach.

I think you guys would be a top 6 team in the East easy ... In the west, it will be tough but you saw what Cp3's leadership did for the Thunder last year ...

Tyler Bey is a bit like a poor man's Shawn Marion. Terrific athlete and a terrific all around defender. Not a good shooter though. But I could see playing at PF with Porzingis at C and Luka at SF.

Josh Green is a young Aussie kid who was at Arizona. Great athlete again, loves playing D and can knock down threes.

Tyrell Terry is a kid I absolutely love. Not very athletic, but IQ off the charts and a lights out shooter.

Tyler Bey is a bit like a poor man's Shawn Marion. Terrific athlete and a terrific all around defender. Not a good shooter though. But I could see playing at PF with Porzingis at C and Luka at SF.

Josh Green is a young Aussie kid who was at Arizona. Great athlete again, loves playing D and can knock down threes.

Tyrell Terry is a kid I absolutely love. Not very athletic, but IQ off the charts and a lights out shooter.

Would you compare him to the Herro kid at Miami?

You've got me slightly more excited for the year! ;-)

Herro is bigger though, SG size. This Terry kid is much smaller and slightly built, but yeah I would say their skillsets are otherwise comparable.

Klay has suffered an Achilles injury. Out for the season again. Poor guy, he's a really good dude, and I feel for him.

Fuck the Warriors though.

Klay has suffered an Achilles injury. Out for the season again. Poor guy, he's a really good dude, and I feel for him.

I didn't realize how 'old' Klay/Steph/Green were ... 31/33/31 I think.
I think this injury basically ends the idea of them making a few more plays at a title.

He is easily the most likable of all their stars to me, like you said fuck the Warriors, just a shame these injuries are not happened to Draymond.

Would you compare him to the Herro kid at Miami?

You've got me slightly more excited for the year! ;-)

Dallas will finish top 4 in the West I bet, they have the makings of a good young team. Doncic is a true superstar, and that is always the hardest piece to get in the NBA.

And your secret weapon as always is Mr. Jim Carrey, second best coach in the league by a country mile.

Dallas will finish top 4 in the West I bet, they have the makings of a good young team. Doncic is a true superstar, and that is always the hardest piece to get in the NBA.

And your secret weapon as always is Mr. Jim Carrey, second best coach in the league by a country mile.

Took him a few months to get 'doncic' two years ...
Yah he's quite brilliant but I'm a bit surprised he's happy to stay for so long ...

Took him a few months to get 'doncic' two years ...
Yah he's quite brilliant but I'm a bit surprised he's happy to stay for so long ...

Its a pretty good job, as far as general NBA spots, solid ownership that will spend and in a good market.

I'm not sure I would want to work for or with Mark Cuban myself, but that is just from the outside looking in.

Was surprised Hayword opted out with Boston and signed with the Hornets.

I figured he would want to stay on a team with a decent shot at winning something soon, as opposed to the bigger contract.

And of course the Michael Jordan of bad owners, Michael Jordan, overpaid for him.

Back
Top Bottom