• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NBA Thread 2012-2013

Fuck me, Celtics are on a 6 game unbeaten streak since Rondo tore his ACL.
Any explanations?

They're saying that the injury isn't as severe as they thought it was, so he might be back for the play offs.

I was watching the Spurs play the nets the other day and had 2 thoughts

1. The NBA should have a 1 and 1 rule like college.

2. Deron Williams is probably the most overrate player in the league.

When a non shooting foul is committed and the team fouled is in the bonus, the team player who was fouled automatically gets two free throws. With a one and one rule, you get one free throw guaranteed, and you get the second only if you make the first. so if you miss the first its a live ball and play resumes.

This is only for non-shooting fouls, shooting fouls are still guaranteed two or three shots, or an and one if the basket is made.

Make motherfuckers earn that second free throw, this is supposed to be basketball at the highest level.

Was watching the Lakers and Thunder the other night, and was trying to decide who the bigger cunt was between Westbrook or Durant.

Its like trying to pick which is the worst between 2 forms of cancer. I am so ready for them to go away.

His pubic hair mustache makes me want to puke, if you can't grow a mustache then fucking shave.

Heat win streak snapped at 27 by the Bulls last night in Chicago.

Very physical game, playoff intensity, Miami got out muscled.

Heat win streak snapped at 27 by the Bulls last night in Chicago.

Very physical game, playoff intensity, Miami got out muscled.

It was great - I think that's the best way to beat the heat (The Thunder and spurs will need to do this too). Go after them hard. Every single foul should be hard. James got rattled for the first time- I've never seen that. Fuck the heat.

Their defense put Lebron down every time he drove to the lane. Also when he penetrated, instead of offering help defense, they stayed with the three point shooters (Chalmers, Allen etc), and made Lebron beat them either at the line or scoring what he could in the paint.

Those spot up three pointers are a huge part of the Heat offense, and they were largely taken away.

Also at the end it seemed like nobody from the Heat wanted to try and penetrate, they just jacked up jumpers.

Heinrich taking the ball away from Bosh in the 4th quarter was beastly.

The Thunder could never pull this off, they have no physical presence at all.

ha ha ... for fucks sake, I put (San Antonio) S rs and it put Bale FC! Ha ha ...

I LOVED the alleyoop dunk on Bosh ... that was great!

Anyone see the college ball regionals at the weekend? Louisville beat Duke to get to the final four, but Kevin Ware sustained an appallingly fucked up leg break. Bone must have been six inches out of his leg. Shit was gruesome.

Anyone see the college ball regionals at the weekend? Louisville beat Duke to get to the final four, but Kevin Ware sustained an appallingly fucked up leg break. Bone must have been six inches out of his leg. Shit was gruesome.

I read about it but didnt dare to search for a video on it. I get queasy easily. When was the last time Duke won the title? Why does Coach K keep getting a free pass?

In NBA news, Shaq's getting his number retired by the Lakers today.

I heard Jeff van Gundy blabbing on about how the Magic should retire Dwight Howard's number, because he was one of the greatest to play for them.

He won fuck all, and then fucked the chemistry of the time al up, got the coach fired, then sold out. Yeah lets retire his number.

I read about it but didnt dare to search for a video on it. I get queasy easily. When was the last time Duke won the title? Why does Coach K keep getting a free pass?

I really don't know how Duke put up with his bullshit, the vowelless charlatan.

I heard Jeff van Gundy blabbing on about how the Magic should retire Dwight Howard's number, because he was one of the greatest to play for them.

He won fuck all, and then fucked the chemistry of the time al up, got the coach fired, then sold out. Yeah lets retire his number.

JVG has to be joking.

Ha it was a genuine question. I guess success in NCAA basketball is not just based on titles? Dude's def a legend.

Well, he won the title in 2010. Teams don't tend to win multiple titles anymore in basketball. Haven't had a proper dynasty since, I don;t even know when. Probably since UCLA in the sixties and seventies. They were one of the most dominant teams in any sport ever. To this day only Wooden had coached a team to more titles than Coack K. And in the last thirty years only two colleges have won back to back titles, and Duke were one of them (91-92, Coach K's first two titles. That team in the nineties was as close to a dynasty as anyone has come - 2 titles and something like 7 Final Fours out of 9).

ince the millennium four teams have won the title twice, and nobody has won it three times. Duke are one of the multiple winners. With the current tournament format, repeat winners are always going to be a long shot. It's almost impossible to keep that level of performance up year after year. The last couple of seasons they haven't been quite as good as the previous years perhaps, but if they're 'failing' it's only because Coach K set the bar so high previously. People were saying the same thing around 2008, that they weren't living up to that great team they had in the early nineties and had only been to the Final Four once since the title winning side of 2001. Then he won the title again in 2010. He's not getting any younger, so maybe he'll walk away at some point, but firing him would be insane.

Kobe out for the season, and possibly a year, after tearing his Achilles against the Warriors today.

:(

They still handled San Antonio last night, pretty comfortably too.

If they play with the kind of effort they played with last night, they can give OKC some trouble in the first round. The duo of Gasol and Howard could create problems for the Thunder.

Back
Top Bottom