• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Newcastle takeover dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked out toonforum.co.uk and they were surprisingly level-headed about the whole thing. I didn't see anything remotely resembling Blue Fume conspiracy thinking; a few were actually made up that it didn't go through and were arguing it's a good thing for the club in the long run. But even those who were pro takeover were kind of philosophical about it and careful to acknowledge the potential downsides. Seem like sound fans and I hope they get rewarded with decent ownership sooner or later.

Oh, and I found this post from someone named DavideDuck positively insightful:

Very insightful from DavideDuck. I used to think exactly like that, have a mature global perspective, contemplate the value of football with respect to other pursuits, when we had a left flank of Kochesky and Joe Cole feeding Jovanovic.

Now that we have Salah and Mane and TAA and Robertson, I am back to my immature rabid fan mode.

Ant and/or Dec have been sharing a petition to investigate EPL over club ownership things

Fucking great this

Ant and/or Dec have been sharing a petition to investigate EPL over club ownership things

Fucking great this
I mean sure, there's definite financial misconduct and shady dealings but that sorta pales in comparison to the shite the dude who wanted to buy Newcastle has done.

Although knowing football it was definitely the piracy and shady streaming business impacting their broadcasting revenue that bothered them ahead of murder and slavery and whatever else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom