• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Next season- Fans are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

the count

SCM's least favourite muppet- There was a poll
Honorary Member
Ticket prices are going to be frozen next season.

LFC prepares to welcome fans to Anfield next season

Quote:
[xtable=border:0|cellpadding:6|cellspacing:0|100%x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Liverpool FC is returning to its normal season ticket scheduling in preparation of the new Premier League season starting in August 2021.

The club will be contacting season ticket holders individually to start the renewal process to be as prepared as possible for when supporters can return to watch the Reds at Anfield.

Season ticket prices will also be frozen for a sixth successive season.

During the 2020-21 season, the renewal of season tickets was temporarily suspended due to the majority of games being played behind closed doors as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Phil Dutton, vice president of ticketing and hospitality at Liverpool FC, said: “The last year has been extremely challenging as we have been unable to welcome supporters into Anfield due to the ongoing pandemic. The safety of all our fans, staff and players has been, and always will remain, our main priority........{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/ann...d-next-season?

Liverpool’s Thiago Alcântara has emphasised the psychological difficulty of playing football in the Covid-19 era, saying the lack of supporters makes it harder to keep going in the final stages of matches.

Whereas many high-profile figures, including Liverpool’s manager, Jürgen Klopp, have decried the impact of this season’s packed schedule on players’ fitness, Thiago said the emotional impact was even greater.

More than physical I think it’s psychological,” the midfielder told the Spanish newspaper AS while preparing for Spain’s World Cup qualifiers. “You lack the boost fans give you in the final moments of matches, which gives you that physical boost.

“There’s also the fact you can do very little every day around the city. You go from home to training to training at home and get into a cycle where that’s all you do.”

Thiago has yet to feel the force of a full Anfield since joining Liverpool from Bayern Munich last year and his first season on Merseyside has coincided with the team’s sudden decline, after they romped to the Premier League title last season, including the worst home run in the club’s history.

“It will be beautiful to see a full Anfield but I also want to learn what day-to-day life is like in this new country,” the 29-year-old said. “Football loses a lot of its essence without fans in the stands. We’re competing in empty stadiums and we’ve had to relearn our craft because when we were children we played in grounds without fans, with parents screaming.

“We knew how to do that but we were used to playing with fans supporting us and shouting against us. Now we’ve gotten used to playing without fans, but we miss having them in the stadiums so much; every day we long for them.”

Stats do lend credibility to Thiago's argument and indicate that the lack of crowds have an effect on home teams performance.

[xtable=skin1|442x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=97x@}
{/td}
{td=69x@}
Home Win{/td}
{td=71x@}
Draw{/td}
{td=71x@}
Home Loss{/td}
{td=134x@}
Games Played to Date{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2020-2021{/td}
{td}108{/td}
{td}68{/td}
{td}114{/td}
{td}290{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Last full season Pre Covid{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2018-2019{/td}
{td}Home Win{/td}
{td}Draw{/td}
{td}Home Loss{/td}
{td}Games Played{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td}181{/td}
{td}71{/td}
{td}128{/td}
{td}380{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Last edited:
This will be great, but surely we are going to see Covid back in November/December. Anyway - I hope it brings the right upturn in form, that our fans use it as a belated celebration of #19, that Klopp gets some HUGE chants and time to celebrate with the Kop etc.

We need this more than any other club.

I don't reckon fans will be back next season. At least not consistently from the start of the season until the end.

I don't reckon fans will be back next season. At least not consistently from the start of the season until the end.
I have given up trying to understand the logic of this pandemic ... but, surely 90% of the population will have been vaccinated by then, so why wouldn't fans be allowed back? Yes they may spread the virus, theoretically (though I believe evidence now suggests this wont be the case for the vaccinated), but so what if they do - if no one will get seriously ill from it?

I have given up trying to understand the logic of this pandemic ... but, surely 90% of the population will have been vaccinated by then, so why wouldn't fans be allowed back? Yes they may spread the virus, theoretically (though I believe evidence now suggests this wont be the case for the vaccinated), but so what if they do - if no one will get seriously ill from it?

The 10% could potentially end up in hospital or die?

Or another variant turns up as a result of the increased virus spread where the vaccine doesn’t have an affect on?

At the danger of derailing -

No vaccine program expects 100% take up; those 10% will either be the very low priority (in which case extremely unlikely to get seriously ill from the virus), or those who refused the vaccine, in which case it's their choice.

Other, vaccine immune, variant, is , I guess, the real worry - if that happens we're doomed.

I guess another virus altogether is also a possibility, after all it's been well over 100 years since the last serious pandemic, so we may get two in a row.

I despise the anti lockdown brigade, but sheer fatigue is driving me towards them at the moment

Promise I wont say anymore on it now

At the danger of derailing -

No vaccine program expects 100% take up; those 10% will either be the very low priority (in which case extremely unlikely to get seriously ill from the virus), or those who refused the vaccine, in which case it's their choice.

Other, vaccine immune, variant, is , I guess, the real worry - if that happens we're doomed.

I guess another virus altogether is also a possibility, after all it's been well over 100 years since the last serious pandemic, so we may get two in a row.

I despise the anti lockdown brigade, but sheer fatigue is driving me towards them at the moment

Promise I wont say anymore on it now

No chance it'll end up at 90% uptake, as we move into the younger age groups we'll do well if it ends up at 75% vaccinated.

Add all the children that can still transmit the virus to the adult anti-vaxers and we'll end up with close to 30 million unvaccinated.

Most of the data quoted about the vaccines boast that the various vaccines prevent serious illness & death and not transmission. So what may happen is the the idiot gene may eventually be purged from human society. ...............but this is unlikely to occur before next season unfortunately.

Most of the data quoted about the vaccines boast that the various vaccines prevent serious illness & death and not transmission. So what may happen is the the idiot gene may eventually be purged from human society. ...............but this is unlikely to occur before next season unfortunately.

Nah. Newer results are showing vaccines significantly prevent transmission.

No chance it'll end up at 90% uptake, as we move into the younger age groups we'll do well if it ends up at 75% vaccinated.

Add all the children that can still transmit the virus to the adult anti-vaxers and we'll end up with close to 30 million unvaccinated.

What's the long term goal then? Lockdown forever? I'm definitely not anti lockdown but when all adults who want the vaccines have got it surely the next steps is somethig close to normality. We could be chasing small outbreaks and variants for years.

What's the long term goal then? Lockdown forever? I'm definitely not anti lockdown but when all adults who want the vaccines have got it surely the next steps is somethig close to normality. We could be chasing small outbreaks and variants for years.

Yea we open back up.

Pointless worrying what might happen with variants unless it actually does happen. The vaccines work with all current variants.

There is also some good research going on by some of the scientists that created the vaccines - they believe the virus is running put of options in the way it mutates, and future variants likely should be less dangerous, eventually burning itself out.

NEW VARIANT!!! IT COMES FROM SOME EXOTIC BROWN COUNTRY!!! MUTATION!!! EVERYONE INDOORS!!! RISING CASES!!!

Your prognosis on the future of the pandemic is slightly less pessimistic than your outlook for the reds

Keep up the good work

The world is completely finished. Don't get me started on the pointlessness of politics. Some actor came out and identified as a tree the other day (seriously).

These are the death throes of humanity. The last sickening groans and squirms of the bloated, infected body of mankind.

The only thing that can save us is the asteroid, so that a small portion can survive and start this pathetic cycle again.

Maybe the fans mentioned in the title of this thread is some Donald J. Trump like contraption/solution for dispearsing Covid 19 airborne droplets in crowd situations and so prevent superspreader events. :geek:

Wife's sister who works in the covid testing centre has just had her contract extended till December 2022. Said they got 15k new tests specific for the SA variant in today but dunno what to do with them yet. Hurray

Actually @tombrown could be right with the 90% uptake. Current opinion poll has it at 86%.

That really would give us a better chance of full stadiums and a much smaller or non-existent 3rd wave later in the year.

c74114142d990ea7cc9e92cec73c5d09.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom