• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Nothing on the world series?

I normally talk baseball with Ross, who's too busy loving some woman.

Very happy for the BoSox - phenomenal turnaround (worst to first) from the Bobby V crap, or the chicken n' beer festivities with Francona.

Ortiz has been phenomenal - a great personal turnaround for him too.

Not a huge fan of the Red Sox approach this season to be completely honest, they basically shipped a couple of overpaid "star" players out and replaced them with numerous above average guys.

It just happened to be that a number of the guys they recruited either overachieved or were adequate, it's not a real sustainable model for success, but I suppose it makes a great storyline, especially with the bombings and all being played up as well.

Farrell was a decent manager for them, but he has to do better in the future at using his resources properly in close games, the same goes for Matheny. For me, this was a poorly managed World Series, which was really disappointing.

It'll be very interesting to see how the Red Sox approach the offseason this year, as in all likelihood they're going to lose Napoli and Ellsbury, and there isn't a whole lot of talent nailed down beyond their middle infield and Ortiz. It certainly feels like they built for a one year window, so credit to them for hitting the mark.

No moneyball talk anymore?

The formula is now ship out overpaid stars and recruit some above average guys with some hidden gems and one non performing superstar and hope he performs?

I can see that at Liverpool.

No moneyball talk anymore?

The formula is now ship out overpaid stars and recruit some above average guys with some hidden gems and one non performing superstar and hope he performs?

I can see that at Liverpool.

What you've just described IS moneyball.

If we're going to copy anything the Red Sox have done, we should get all our players on PED's just like Big Papi.

Back
Top Bottom