• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

October Internationals & LFC Players in action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm I rarely (if ever) watch England but I thought I would this time. Just to see what would happen with the inevitable racist stuff. It was handled with fairly well meaning but ultimately futile action by UEFA officials. Those cunts that started the right wing salutes and monkey noises that got frog marched out of the ground just before HT were a fucking disgrace. I wouldn't be surprised if some Bulgarian militia organisation kicked the shit out of them when they got ejected.

I love Gini in CM and he is better in that middle role than any of our other options, but this is another game that leaves me thinking he'd be nicely suited to the role Hendo is currently occupying. It was the Barca game that really made me think that though - he was able to grab that game by the scruff of the neck and made such a mark on the game with late runs into the box. If Naby were to get up to speed I wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing Fabinho - Keita - Gini as a midfield trio.
That is the midfield i think Klopp wants, but Keita injuries have meant he has had fuck all chance of trying it out. Its just strength and skill combined.

I’ll an oldie so may miss an important nuance her, but as far as I see it some guys were guilty of being racist and they were asked to leave, which they did. Some obviously dint as the chants continued.

No one was arrested, no one was restricted from returning.

Was this a turning point?

Just checked the score, and I am assuming that the captain would not allow the team to walk off the pitch until at least the 85th minute

If a stand full of hitler salutes isn't enough to intervene then what the fuck is. Shambles. This can never be tackled if big events like this (it was 50+ people FFS) get trivialised. Mental.

In other news I was once again happy to see Trent rested, although it would have been nicer if he just got to stay in Liverpool.

I agree with the growing levels of hypocrisy but I also think that an FA or UEFA type body can and should intervene when it is within a stadium. It is much harder to enforce outside of a stadium (but obviously all forms need addressing).

I'm getting really pissed off with the whole 'it was just a couple of idiots' narrative.

I agree with the growing levels of hypocrisy but I also think that an FA or UEFA type body can and should intervene when it is within a stadium. It is much harder to enforce outside of a stadium (but obviously all forms need addressing).

I'm getting really pissed off with the whole 'it was just a couple of idiots' narrative.

I didn’t bother watching the England match but after seeing videos of the salutes and other stuff i have to assume they aren’t football fans just a load of cunts in specifically to be racist? Bit unfortunate for the normal Bulgarian fan (if they exist)

I didn’t bother watching the England match but after seeing videos of the salutes and other stuff i have to assume they aren’t football fans just a load of cunts in specifically to be racist? Bit unfortunate for the normal Bulgarian fan (if they exist)

There were two different factions (which is why it can't be so easily trivialised in my mind). At one end there was this group of nazi saluters, and at the other there was a group doing monkey noises. Are you assuming they aren't football fans because it is convenient to separate them from a group that we also belong to?

Hmmm I rarely (if ever) watch England but I thought I would this time. Just to see what would happen with the inevitable racist stuff. It was handled with fairly well meaning but ultimately futile action by UEFA officials. Those cunts that started the right wing salutes and monkey noises that got frog marched out of the ground just before HT were a fucking disgrace. I wouldn't be surprised if some Bulgarian militia organisation kicked the shit out of them when they got ejected.
I wouldn't be surprised if they returned to their Bulgarian militia organisation after the game ... :)

There were two different factions (which is why it can't be so easily trivialised in my mind). At one end there was this group of nazi saluters, and at the other there was a group doing monkey noises. Are you assuming they aren't football fans because it is convenient to separate them from a group that we also belong to?

No, I’m assuming they aren’t football fans because they seemingly don’t give a shit about being caught on camera doing this and therefore don’t care about being banned from matches. I’d also assume they move in racist circles for the same reason.

I think when he says normal he refers to people that just want to go and see a match of footie. Around football it has allways been Ultras groups but now you can also see a more spread use of football as a political arena (as it gives a lot of media attention, especially when high profile games are played). Nazi salutes definately shows a group of people using the arena to state a politcal view and they know they will get attention. Monkey sounds on the other hand, along with other racistic slurs, is probably not attention seeking but rather an expression of real hate towards elements they despice. I can't get my head around either of the actions, but I certainly can't see either as a group I belong to.

Let us use an example. I could be extremelly frustrated with Emre Can. Some games he looked the real deal, and other games he looked just off the pace totally. But my frustration is footie reasons. Let us say right wingers in Germany got equally frustrated with him and show their hate as he represent Germany while being a turkish origin. As soon as they mix that racial slur into it, it is not longer the group I belong too. Never mind the political Nazi salutes.

Those Bulgarians that doing all that racist stuff, have you seen them ? Not exactly Hitler material, they looked like they were only a few shades away from being black themselves.

Bernardo Silva is truly fucked now. Aaaahahaha.

Lets hope he gets gets slammed for double the punishment that por que negro, got. Bluefume will go into full meltdown for that, will be beautiful to see, and we will obviously get the blame.

I wonder if they'll do two bans, one for the video of Mendy and one for the twitter post. Will he be used as the example? Epic if so.

I do wonder about all our journalists going on about how terrible the Bulgarians are when England fans have been wobbling round Europe smashing pint pots into people's faces for my entire life.

But away fans for England (and various Premier League clubs) have never done any of the bad racism or Nazi salutes, Woland!

I wonder if they'll do two bans, one for the video of Mendy and one for the twitter post. Will he be used as the example? Epic if so.
I don't see it. One of the reasons that Suarez got the book thrown at him was that it was seen in the context of being an angry confrontation. From their perspective, it was using race as a derogatory slur. Even if that's not recorded in the official decision, we can infer that it fed into it. In this case, no doubt, Mendy's social media is being pored through for examples of 'bants' that demonstrates that Silva's post, whilst ill advised and ultimately, racist, was deployed naively in a spirit of jocular friendship.

If he gets half a Suarez ban I'll be deeply surprised.

I don't see it. One of the reasons that Suarez got the book thrown at him was that it was seen in the context of being an angry confrontation. From their perspective, it was using race as a derogatory slur. Even if that's not recorded in the official decision, we can infer that it fed into it. In this case, no doubt, Mendy's social media is being pored through for examples of 'bants' that demonstrates that his post, whilst ill advised and ultimately, racist, was deployed naively in a spirit of jocular friendship.

If he gets half a Suarez ban I'll be deeply surprised.

Yup, if Suarez had been hugging Evra and they were both laughing as he called him "Conguito negrito" it would be a different story.

Unlikely though, given that Evra's a cunt and nobody likes him.

He’s so dangerous in the box, when he’s allowed to “ghost” his way in and look for scoring opportunities. And he has a knack for scoring deflected/keeper’s blunder types of goals, which count all the same. Maybe he should “do a Henderson” and talk to Klopp about allowing him to play further forward. Nothing “dickish” about suggesting that.
Can't remember whom to be honest but the expert commentator on Danish telly broadcasting the match, claimed that he'd have Gini in his Worlds Best XI right now. I think I agree as it's simply hard to pin-point any weaknesses in his game and he's such an instrumental player, albeit slightly moving under the radar still.

Btw, slighlty off-topic, there's a young lad in the Danish U19 setup with the surname;

Ibrahimagic

Hope he's awesome.

Oh and one last thing, the current U17 Denmark Squad is the, and I'm kinda quoting people working with the group here, the most promising crop of players ever. Andreas Bredahl (striker) and Tochi Chukwuani (central midfielder) some of the stand out of players of a very talented year. They are yet to lose a game 18 games in or so, beating France, Belgium, Spain etc. Just won their Euro qualifier play-off group with three games of 6-2, 6-1 and 5-1 (against Sweden). WATCH THIS SPACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom