• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Oh fuck, he'll coach till he dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
Sir Alex Ferguson last night targeted equalling Liverpool's five European Cups after Manchester United qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League.

Ferguson isn't satisfied with his two successes and feels United should have won more during his 26-year reign.

"I think in terms of history of our clubs, we should have one more and I want to win it again and get into the bracket of winners like Liverpool, our biggest rivals, Bayern Munich and Ajax," said the United manager.

"I think AC Milan and Real Madrid have got separated from the rest of the bench, but that definitely drives me on a bit.

"I get really frustrated when I think about the opportunities we have had to win it, but you can't be greedy you look at my career and I have won two European cup and Cup Winners' Cup and I am proud of that."
United progress as group winners with two games to spare and Ferguson claims Real Madrid and Barcelona will be their biggest rivals in the knock-out phase.

"Real Madrid, Barcelona, you can't go by those two, but I still think English teams will do well," he said.
"You can't dismiss a club like Bayern Munich, but I think the German threat will come from Dortmund. The Spanish threat is there and hopefully we are one of those from England."

Robin van Persie rescued United last night against Braga with a brilliant equaliser 10 minutes from time to send them through and Ferguson believes he has another five years left at the top.

I can't see him doing it, but I suppose you never know. They look shite again this year and they've got the easiest group as per usual. If they were in city's group they'd be rock bottom aswell.
I think for the next few years the favourites will be barca, real, dortmund, bayern, chelski maybe even city when they continue spunking their money.
But saying that, last year chelski proved you can get continually battered and still win the bloody thing, so maybe even Braga have a chance.

Looking at their players, you'd be flabbergasted if they managed it. Looking at their record, you wouldn't unfortunately. I prefer not to tempt Providence by writing them off.

Actually I am beginning to not mind coaching till he dies. Man U is not exactly putting fear into every other team in the PL right now. They may be top now. But meh.

Where are these legendary rates of heart disease among Scottish people when you need them?

Really can't see it with this squad but then I couldn't when they met Chelsea in the final either. There are always shocks - Porto et al. and although it's difficult to do it's not impossible if you get the luck of the draw and then a freak result or two.

He'll die in the job, I've been saying that for years. I just hope it happens in particularly funny circumstances, like getting over excited by an equalising goal and having a heart attack in Mike Phelan's lap, or something. That'd be fucking hilarious.

A last minute winning goal against them in the game that would have got them their 5th European Cup would be nice.

No, it needs to be funnier than that. Ok, how about this: they're playing Barca in CL final, 3-0 down at half-time. They come back to 3-3 in first 5 minutes of second half, spend the rest of the game looking for the winner. Finally they score with a couple of minutes left, Ferguson has heart attack and is dead on the side of the pitch, the game is abandoned out of respect, and the mancs go on to lose a replayed final on penalties.

What about Houllier? He was French FFS they're meant to have a healthy diet, surely his heart should have been in a better state?

It wasn't his heart which was damaged. The problem was with a blood vessel connected to the heart, and could never have been avoided by dietary (or any other) means.

It wasn't his heart which was damaged. The problem was with a blood vessel connected to the heart, and could never have been avoided by dietary (or any other) means.

*Goes back to deep frying mars bars*

I keep on imagining a scenario where he chokes on his chewing gum while being interviewed by Shreeves so the whole thing is live on sky.

Now that would be a super Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom