• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll One signing

Prefix for Poll Threads

Position

• GK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Full back

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Centre back

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Centre mid

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Attacking mid

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Wide forward

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Centre forward

Votes: 26 53.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine question but does anyone think Morelos could hack it here or would it be a step too far for him?

94 goals 43 assists in 182 games there, only turned 25....connection with Rangers could see us get him for a decent fee, seems to have cooled his steamy head down a touch....maybe worth a punt?
We'd lose our fair play award

if the thread is about realistic expectation for a signing, I really doubt we would sign anyone.

if you are talking about wish, I wouldnt take anything less than Mbappe (if I have to adjust, I would probably take Haaland).

Centre forward. Someone ideally to push Firmino for the starting role but, if not, someone credible to spell him off or come off the bench.

I have a feeling Gomez will be main Backup for both right back and center back with others ahead of him at center back in konate and Matip as partner to vvd .

Whatever Michael Edwards' wand can conjure up. Something is in the pipeline that we know nothing about.

We’re signing a couple of players no matter how dramatic and negative you want to be.
Who they are and what impact they might have is anyones guess, though.

We're signing a couple of first team players? Vlahovic and Bissouma you reckon? Want to tell me what you're basing this on, besides blind hope and all evidence to the contrary?

We're signing a couple of first team players? Vlahovic and Bissouma you reckon? Want to tell me what you're basing this on, besides blind hope and all evidence to the contrary?

We're gonna sign 1-2 first team players in addition to Konate. Just as we did last summer. I've got no clue about who or when as I doubt anyone have, but it probably depends on who of our targets that are available.

Its not based on blind hope, stories released by the Echo denying it or other journos. Its not worth flapping about, arguing or listening to every report being released. Its just common sense in regards to what we need and the space getting created in our squad.

Lets see what happens.

It's common sense to us, yeah. But this is a club that is extremely unwilling to put their hands in their pocket, even when faced with necessity. We won the Champions League and signed Van Den Berg. We had that injury crisis last season and didn't sign any centre backs until last minute. Some of it is to drive prices down etc, but they're also reluctant to sign players a lot of the time.

It's common sense to us, yeah. But this is a club that is extremely unwilling to put their hands in their pocket, even when faced with necessity. We won the Champions League and signed Van Den Berg. We had that injury crisis last season and didn't sign any centre backs until last minute. Some of it is to drive prices down etc, but they're also reluctant to sign players a lot of the time.

We also have a stack of players we need to sell that no-one is currently interested in buying.

All sorts of things at play here - if we buy and have more players than we can register it doesn’t exactly strengthen our negotiation position with potential buyers because they know we have to offload or potentially end up paying the salary of a player that can’t play.

We're also in a tough place that making a big signing for big wages would set a lot of salary negotiations off within the squad.

Yeah that's not going to happen when we have Jones, Keita, Ox and even Elliot for that position. It's CM / DM where we lack depth and where someone like Bissouma would be capable of covering.
Keith has done nothing to show he will be a consistent force throughout a season. Ox has not been the same since his injury. I don't see Jones being ready to step into Gini's minutes yet. Can't see we can get by with what we have if we want to improve on third place.

We have to bring in CF who will comfortably relegate Firmino to bench or fight to be on the starting line up on merit.

None of this backup CF nonsense.

I can't believe some of you want to go in to the season with just a backup CF and the belief that the good version of Firmino will show up.

There is no defending the decision making, if we don't add to our strength up front now. Especially because Salah, Mane and Firmino are also hitting 30 and we can't be trying to replace all 3 at the same time as that will be a 300m pound project.

Last edited:
We have to bring in CF who will comfortably relegate Firmino to bench or fight to be on the starting line up on merit.

None of this backup CF nonsense.

I can't believe some of you want to go in to the season with just a backup CF and the belief that the good version of Firmino will show up.

There is no defending the decision making, if we don't add to our strength up front now. Especially because Salah, Mane and Firmino are also hitting 30 and we can't be trying to replace all 3 at the same time as that will be a 300m pound project.

I don’t think any of us “want” to go into the season without some key signings.

That’s a little bit different than thinking we’re going to go in to the season without key signings because we don’t have the money to make them.

We also have a stack of players we need to sell that no-one is currently interested in buying.

All sorts of things at play here - if we buy and have more players than we can register it doesn’t exactly strengthen our negotiation position with potential buyers because they know we have to offload or potentially end up paying the salary of a player that can’t play.
We seem to be doing alright so far selling fringe players for very decent money this summer (hopefully Klopp gets to use that money). But yeah it's the high earning shite like Karius and Divock that's the problem.

We are standing still while Chelsea and the mancs are moving past us.Even the best manager in the world can't work miracles with the midfield We have.

We are standing still while Chelsea and the mancs are moving past us.Even the best manager in the world can't work miracles with the midfield We have.
Who have Chelsea signed?

& a midfield of Fab Thiago & Hendo is as good as there is in the league.

Who have Chelsea signed?

& a midfield of Fab Thiago & Hendo is as good as there is in the league.
Chelsea are European champions and will get better, them mancs have a decent squad. We are all about getting as much as we can for the shite we bought in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom