• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other matches this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are 2 points and 13 goals behind them. On the plus side though - we are playing well shit, and they are playing really well in every game. So I am willing to believe there is more to come from us and when that kicks in I expect us to be 10 points and 10 goals ahead of them. That's my dream.

Just so as you know Moron, when that actually happens we will still be 149 goals behind them. We are not going to beat them on goal difference.

I hope Sterling gets caught shagging Silva's missus and it splits the camp in two and everything goes to shit. But as long as we keep winning we can't control what is a properly freak Citeh side. Just don't get all stressed on it.

About ten years ago we were top at Christmas, under Rafa, and we drew at home against West Ham, stayed top, but the team got booed off. First time I can remember hearing it. It's like a large chunk of the support become massive fannies when we start playing well and having a chance. It doesn't do anyone any good.
They'll have a flop at some point. Let's hope its before us

Apart from city not a bad weekend. First time Ive actually half rated an ev side for a long time. Feel like we can catch them out quite a few times the way they play now. 1 game at a time

Ok, once in 30 years.

The way some(moron) go on, they'd rather 28 points from 30 with a plus 20 goal difference than 30 points from 30 with plus 10.

do you remember that game at Crystal Palace under Rodgers ? - the one where we were 3-0 up ? - go back and look at our teams face when we conceded that first goal and it became 3-1. Take a good look at Suarez - a really good look to see the dejection on his face. You see after that loss to Chelsea - it meant we would potentially lose the title on goal difference even by winning all our games. Hence that crazy night when the team went for it and got fucked over in their attempts to narrow that goal difference.

If we continue as we are and City do the same - but lose a game and draw a few which we hope then - you will maybe understand why I think we should at least try to score a few more goals where teams are there for the taking. At this stage it is very likely we may even finish on the same amount of points.

do you remember that game at Crystal Palace under Rodgers ? - the one where we were 3-0 up ? - go back and look at our teams face when we conceded that first goal and it became 3-1. Take a good look at Suarez - a really good look to see the dejection on his face. You see after that loss to Chelsea - it meant we would potentially lose the title on goal difference even by winning all our games. Hence that crazy night when the team went for it and got fucked over in their attempts to narrow that goal difference.

If we continue as we are and City do the same - but lose a game and draw a few which we hope then - you will maybe understand why I think we should at least try to score a few more goals where teams are there for the taking. At this stage it is very likely we may even finish on the same amount of points.
Aha.
So you’re saying repeat the Palace game every week, go for broke and let ourselves open to goals?

2-1, 3-1 all the same, given they're now 13 goals ahead and it's been 30 years since the league went to goal difference.
To correct a common mistake - THAT time it was not decided on goal difference, we were level on that stat with Arsenal , it went on "Goals Scored"

Aha.
So you’re saying repeat the Palace game every week, go for broke and let ourselves open to goals?
No... not at all junior...that is what you were hoping I was saying to mock me.

Fulham nor Huddersfield and a few others are as dangerous an opponent as some other teams...we should at least try to be a lot more clinical and ruthless against the former sides just as some of our rivals have been. I mean City put 6 past Huddersfield...Arsenal put 5 past Fulham..those are indicators that we should feel comfortable about going all out against them and scoring a few.

It never pans out like that anyway, both teams will drop unexpected points along the way.

Normally Id agree with that but this City side a freakishly consistent. Since the start of last season theyve played 50, won 42 drawn 6 and lost just 2 taking 132 from a possible 150 points. Thats just insane, I may be wrong but I cant remember a more consistent team in English football.

All we can do is keep winning and trust that some of Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, United will continue to challenge City. I think they'll find some more troubling games without KDB, although Bernardo seems to be really making them tick at present.

Would love to see Chelsea have a blip and fall a bit further off the pace, keeping it to a 2 horse race. I think later in the season we will take more risks when it isn't 6 teams going for 4 CL places.

Normally Id agree with that but this City side a freakishly consistent. Since the start of last season theyve played 50, won 42 drawn 6 and lost just 2 taking 132 from a possible 150 points. Thats just insane, I may be wrong but I cant remember a more consistent team in English football.
Yeah its what taints our otherwise brilliant start to the league season, it feels Man city are just too good, its fine hoping for Chelsea/whoever to take points off them but that means we essentially need to be flawless from now until may to be in with a realistic shout.

If the gap is 2pts or less come 2019 I'll believe..

No... not at all junior...that is what you were hoping I was saying to mock me.

Fulham nor Huddersfield and a few others are as dangerous an opponent as some other teams...we should at least try to be a lot more clinical and ruthless against the former sides just as some of our rivals have been. I mean City put 6 past Huddersfield...Arsenal put 5 past Fulham..those are indicators that we should feel comfortable about going all out against them and scoring a few.
As opposed to the PL heavyweights Palace?
Stop comparing us to City. They are far, far better at destroying shite teams.

Yeah its what taints our otherwise brilliant start to the league season, it feels Man city are just too good, its fine hoping for Chelsea/whoever to take points off them but that means we essentially need to be flawless from now until may to be in with a realistic shout.

Yeah if we are in this position in 7 weeks time then anything is possible but we have a very tough run of games over the next month and they look like they are getting batter as the season goes on

There is another factor soon to come into play; I moved to Manchester in January 1991 and LFC were the reigning champions at the time. Since my arrival we have not won the league and Manchester teams have largely dominated. I'm leaving Manchester next month. In my absence we should we win the league and I will be setting up a crowdfunding page to keep me away from Manchester for good :)

If City are going to go on a run like last season, they'll win the league.

No other team is good enough to match that.

Reactions: Ijg
There is another factor soon to come into play; I moved to Manchester in January 1991 and LFC were the reigning champions at the time. Since my arrival we have not won the league and Manchester teams have largely dominated. I'm leaving Manchester next month. In my absence we should we win the league and I will be setting up a crowdfunding page to keep me away from Manchester for good :)
The question is which city are you off to?

Look.. we ain't winning the title..

The City side are unbelievable..

They will blow anyone away outside of the top 6 and they are yet to be beaten by anyone inside the Top 6.. Only points they dropped was against us..

They have already bettered their Top 6 points total by 4 points compared to last season.. In fact their points to game against opposition has also increased by 4pts

We will need over 100 points to win the premiership...

I Think city will win it with 102 points, well clear of the rest..

They will drop points against us compared to last season at their ground.. a draw..

Us winning the title, No Fucking Chance...

No in a month of Sundays... It ain't happening..

Right , so logically you're moving to Liverpool , right ?!?!?!?!

I've often wondered who's fault it was ...

It's November, we're 12 games in, 2 points off the top, however, I was sat watching the Manc Derby with mates yesterday and we echoed what's been said in here already, City look really fucking good.

City have been so consistent, they look unreal, they are sweeping aside anyone and everyone, I can't see what teams will take points off them. For us to challenge we have to match their results, week in, week out AND beat them at their ground, it's nearly impossible.

I think we just have to keep edging away, do what we're doing and pray.

It's November, we're 12 games in, 2 points off the top, however, I was sat watching the Manc Derby with mates yesterday and we echoed what's been said in here already, City look really fucking good.

City have been so consistent, they look unreal, they are sweeping aside anyone and everyone, I can't see what teams will take points off them. For us to challenge we have to match their results, week in, week out AND beat them at their ground, it's nearly impossible.

I think we just have to keep edging away, do what we're doing and pray.

Teddy Atlas was on Rogan's podcast bitching about Tyson. He had a good point saying people thought the same thing about him, being unreal and sweeping aside everyone, but that never meant he was a real fighter, since it was too easy for him, except on the five occasions he had something to overcome during the fight, where it wasn't easy, he had to dig in, and every single one of those times he got knocked the fuck out. Reminds me of city, the way Mahrez and Aguero acted like a bitch when going off, and Sterling being a cock too, they don't have the right attitude and determination when things get tough. Eventually they're going to find themselves in a game against someone, and they'll get knocked the fuck out too.

Relax, peeps, we've now got City's Head Physio - he clearly knows which way the wind's blowing:

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has been handed a blow as Head Physio Lee Nobes has left to join title rivals Liverpool.

According to the Training Ground Guru, Nobes said goodbye to players and coaching staff after Sunday's 3-1 derby win over Manchester United.

Nobes has played a key role since Guardiola's arrival in getting players back from injury and was included in the club's Amazon 'All or Nothing' documentary.

Nobes joined the club in 2007 from Oldham Athletic when Sven-Goran Eriksson was manager.

He has since been part of the sea change at the club which saw them claim a maiden Premier League title under Roberto Mancini.

The move to Liverpool will see him link up with James Milner and Daniel Sturridge - two players he spent time with at Manchester City.

City are firing on all fronts right now and losing a hugely popular member of his backroom team midway through the season will be a blow for Guardiola.

No replacement has yet been announced but it is a real coup for Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool as they look to keep pace with the league leaders following Sunday's 2-0 win over Fulham.

Nobes replaces Matt Konopinski at Anfield after he left to join the Football Association back in September.

The real test comes at Xmas and when the FA Cup & Champions League start up again in the new year.... They were in the same position last year then started to lose a couple here or there... Trouble is no one was within reach last season.... If we can keep the pressure on them til January then it is still a possibility.

It does annoy me how a lot of teams just sit back and let them take the ball... you have to have a go at them or it is suicide. Obviously for most sides it would be suicide to do that but surely being positive is the only way forward. When I watched Wolves play them at the beginning of the season they really showed how you could get at them and they were unlucky not to win that match.

Yep. Compare also how we d!cked them last season. Small wonder that when they came to Anfield this season they played very differently from their normal style..

All we can do is keep winning and trust that some of Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, United will continue to challenge City. I think they'll find some more troubling games without KDB, although Bernardo seems to be really making them tick at present.

Would love to see Chelsea have a blip and fall a bit further off the pace, keeping it to a 2 horse race. I think later in the season we will take more risks when it isn't 6 teams going for 4 CL places.

ALL we can do and ALL we should do is keep on winning and see how it pans out, they never had anyone chasing em last year did they so... let’s see if we can do it this season.

Another thing to note is that we do have a pretty fucking sound record at the emptyhad, I might also add that they noticeably set up to defend against us when they played us the other week, they don’t do that against anyone else do they? I wonder why??? My guess is that they did it because in their “consistent” brilliance only two teams beat em... we did it 3 times if I remember correctly...

We could just concede the league now and carry on grumbling until then end... fire up threads asking about whether Klopp should keep his job considering he hasn’t won the league etc...

Or maybe... just maybe... wake up to the fact that it’s still early doors and we’ve got a bunch my gears to rise up through and we are right up there with em.

Forget about the title ffs... it’s 1 game at a time... let’s see where it goes and enjoy it.

Look.. we ain't winning the title..

The City side are unbelievable..

They will blow anyone away outside of the top 6 and they are yet to be beaten by anyone inside the Top 6.. Only points they dropped was against us..

They have already bettered their Top 6 points total by 4 points compared to last season.. In fact their points to game against opposition has also increased by 4pts

We will need over 100 points to win the premiership...

I Think city will win it with 102 points, well clear of the rest..

They will drop points against us compared to last season at their ground.. a draw..

Us winning the title, No Fucking Chance...

No in a month of Sundays... It ain't happening..

What kind of a fucking Ninja are you ? - I mean the Ninja films I saw in the 80's - they kicked ass, and had courage to take on anyone. You have to believe man !!! otherwise change your name to RedPussy.

Let's just do our job and not worry about the rest. Win week in, week out and accumulate points. Do our damage in the return fixture and hope someone does us some favors along the way

Let's just do our job and not worry about the rest. Win week in, week out and accumulate points. Do our damage in the return fixture and hope someone does us some favors along the way

Exactly my point of view... not only that but if we are so worried about apparently needing to score 6 we can't even enjoy scoring 2 and keeping a clean sheet again I do feel that is a negative slant we can do without...

I'd prefer if we can just enjoy it, to be honest!

Me... I dunno but... I can't shake the sense of an essence of fucking niftyness in that team of ours... they are nifty aren't they?... I dunno... it's hard to summarise somehow... it's almost like we've got loads of really really boss players and they are being well managed and putting points on the board...

2 points behind and we have a few more gears to get in yet...

Nifty. It's almost like we are fucking dangerous.

I dunno... I myself am enjoying it... If you choose not to that's your prerogative I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom